X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by fraroc
    Also, I don't believe Eddie and Dave have "no relationship", Look at the 2012 "Interviews" of the VH brothers and Dave chatting about the past. They must have some level of a relationship, even if Ed doesn't want to admit it.
    We call that work son
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• fraroc
      Commando
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by vandeleur
      We call that work son
      They're still interacting with each other though. The way Eddie makes it sound, it sounds like he hasn't said a single word to Dave for decades.
      How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        16 days before the start of a tour and EVH slams DLR....

I've never been one for the conspiracy theories that a tour won't last, yadda yadda, but you can't imagine that Dave is gonna be happy about all this....

Just a bizarre article of Ed slamming basically everyone, but himself of course...
        DLR wasn't exactly cordial at the Billboard awards. Gotta face the music. Things don't look good right now.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Also, I don't believe Eddie and Dave have "no relationship", Look at the 2012 "Interviews" of the VH brothers and Dave chatting about the past. They must have some level of a relationship, even if Ed doesn't want to admit it.
          You know when you have to go on a business trip with this one guy you absolutely hate? You know how it is, you have to go because the job pays the bills but you absolutely cannot stand this moron? So you get on the damn plane, fly to some Godforsaken spit of dirt that I still can't figure out why anybody in their right mind would want to live there, stand up in front of the client, shake hands, listen to this guy all damn day and all you want to do it toss him out the back of the plane on the way back home? Yeah, that's probably kinda how it is with Dave and Ed. And they do it because they get P A I D to do it. Nothing more.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

The way Eddie makes it sound, it sounds like he hasn't said a single word to Dave for decades.
            To me it says he barely tolerates Dave because he has to but he's comtemplating his endeavor to persevere.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
              Seriously, I thought ignoring Sammy would be the best thing in the world since the reunion but I think now if they would make some direct comments to Sammy he would implode to our enjoyment.
              Why make a direct comment toward Sammy? He takes the bait every time VH is in the news. Sammy comments on VH so much and draws that much more attention to them...he's almost like an unpaid PR rep.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

On the one hand, I think Mike Anthony is to be commended for pretty much staying above the fray. Even throughout the years, comparatively Anthony has had little mud to sling in public to his former bandmates...certainly relative to the mud Roth, Hagar and the Van Halens sling at one another.

On the other hand, with this latest round of gibberish from Ed, it astounds me that Anthony is able to just let it roll off his back. I guess Anthony must be immune to Eddie's rants, and his take on it may well be "So, Eddie said something ridiculous...this means that it's, what, Tuesday?"

Hagar did what a friend who has your back should do, which is call bullshit on Ed's claims. Probably in no small part because he knew Anthony wouldn't do it for himself.

But, yeah, it's all a bit sad that this barrage will undoubtedly be more interesting than the upcoming tour. That's really been the sad state of affairs for the band going on two decades now: the soap opera has generated more publicity than anything the band come up with on a musical level...although considering both the quality and quantity of the output since 1995, it is in no way surprising.

It is also a bit sad because while Ed seems to have come to the realization that fans want to hear the Roth material with Roth singing (which, in turn, gives Ed some degree of respect for what Roth brings to the table), apparently Ed has zero respect for Anthony's contribution to the band. So any hopes one might have had for seeing the only lineup of Van Halen that ever mattered reuniting again (if one even has any such hopes any more, or even cares anymore about such a thing) are pretty much futile.

I'd be interested to hear the band play Dirty Movies live...thirty two years ago. Now, I'll be happy settling for watching it on youtube.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                  On the one hand, I think Mike Anthony is to be commended for pretty much staying above the fray. Even throughout the years, comparatively Anthony has had little mud to sling in public to his former bandmates...certainly relative to the mud Roth, Hagar and the Van Halens sling at one another.

On the other hand, with this latest round of gibberish from Ed, it astounds me that Anthony is able to just let it roll off his back. I guess Anthony must be immune to Eddie's rants, and his take on it may well be "So, Eddie said something ridiculous...this means that it's, what, Tuesday?"

Hagar did what a friend who has your back should do, which is call bullshit on Ed's claims. Probably in no small part because he knew Anthony wouldn't do it for himself.
                  But...BUT...Shouldn't Mike be posting some insanely pissed off rant about it?? I mean, if he doesn't then that MUST mean it's TRUE! Right?

Mike is richer than a gold mine. And apparently pretty happy to play the Van Hagar stuff with Sammy, along with their other ventures. So what if they don't draw 10,000 people? Sam certainly doesn't need the money. And neither does Mike. And I don't think Mike cares for the drama queen posturing that Ed seems to thrive on. And, honestly, the guy has nothing to prove. He was a member of Van Halen for 7 gazillion years, through 700 different lead singers and just kept on playing and singing. So what he never wrote any songs? Al keeps on refreshing his online bank account page and watching the money come in and nobody seems to think that's a bad thing. I'd bet 50 bucks Al was online today checking to see how many dollars he earned off the backs of Ed and Dave. Sorry, I forgot. His name is Van Halen so he's owed it. Just like Wolfie is, simply because he won the Sperm Lottery. The Three Twins. Ha! What a fuckin joke! Keep on wishin', Ed.
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• TJMKID
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    Mike Anthony has always been described as "classy" for taking the high road on these hot flash tirades that Eddie Van Dickweed goes on periodically, but I think hearing Ed make blatantly false claims about "Mike needed to videotape me playing the bass so he could learn his lines" on every album has go to get his blood boiling over. That is a steaming load of bullshit that can't be tolerated, and I'd love to see a seething Soboleski rant posted on YouTube to counter all this garbage coming from the Dutch Doucher.

C'mon Mike --- throw back a couple shots of Jack, fire up the iPhone and let Eddie Van Cuntrag feel the pain !!

Last edited by TJMKID; 06-20-2015, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2004

This is fucking WWE. Dave and Ed are in cahoots. Sales probably aren't great. My first thought was "I'm glad I'm seeing them this last time..." They always act like they're estranged, but then that's when something new comes out.

Dave talks about liking dance music -and I think it felt like he's put down the biggest portion of VH's fans sometimes- but he's never said he wanted to do dance music.

So now Ed is talking about three guys who like Rock n roll and one guy who likes dance music. Well what about Al's solo? I thought the fuckin Miami Sound Machine was gonna come out!

I bet they sent the ADKOT music to Dave and when they got the vocals back, Ed said, "I love this guy, I hate that I can't do that. I hate that guy."

I absolutely agree about MA's voice, but I wish Eddie didn't say what he said. Talk about how good Wolfie is, not how bad Michael Anthony supposedly is.

You even nailed Cherone? Guess you never heard Dave's "Future....pasture" quotes.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        16 days before the start of a tour and EVH slams DLR....

I've never been one for the conspiracy theories that a tour won't last, yadda yadda, but you can't imagine that Dave is gonna be happy about all this....

Just a bizarre article of Ed slamming basically everyone, but himself of course...
                        I wonder when this interview took place?

Before or after Dave's interview after the Billboard show where he slammed the band (Ed and Al mostly) for its work ethic? Dave isn't innocent here. 4 ADULTS CANT KEEP THIS IN HOUSE?

Looks like they are all stuck at a maturity level of about 15 years old
                        Last edited by Romeo Delight; 06-20-2015, 12:31 AM.
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Mikey is a fucking pussy
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2004

And he talked about not being friends, and getting back to recording new shit, but not that dave sucks live lately, so I think it was more of a challenge if not a straight up try at stirring up interest in his band.

Where's Dave?! For all we know he's rehearsing with the Three Twins and they're not recording him.

Comment

• TJMKID
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                              Before or after Dave's interview after the Billboard show where he slammed the band (Ed and Al mostly) for its work ethic? Dave isn't innocent here. 4 ADULTS CANT KEEP THIS IN HOUSE?
                              The basic difference in this war of words is that Dave tells the truth --- and Eddie hardly ever does.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by TJMKID
                                The basic difference in this war of words is that Dave tells the truth --- and Eddie hardly ever does.
                                What is "the truth"? I think there are different kinds of truth or perceptions.

I think it's true that Dave doesn't want to be Ed's friend...probably also true that Dave would work for 20 days straight to finish a new cd...Ed would rather putter over it for 18 months...does that make him lazy? Maybe.

Again...just sit down and talk about it versus spouting off in the press and then have Sammy comment on the comments...just pathetic.
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...