Does the "Eat 'Em and Smile" Reunion talk say anything about the future of Van Halen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    I think people are using the term "reunite" loosely, when it comes to whatever is or isn't going to happen with the EEAS band.
    It's called rumor mongering, lol. The chances of Dave actually agreeing to any sort of reunion are pretty slim.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Mike's wig is starting to look like the late Jim Traficant's wig!

I don't know, I think it looks pretty good. It's damn sure better than Dave and his Chrome Dome. And I don't think it's a wig - he swims in that thing and it looks like plugs to me. If I was Dave I'd be on the phone with Mike trying to find out who his hair guy is.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Not to mention going on tour with separate buses, separate dressing rooms and hardly speaking unless they're on stage...
        They wouldn't have to do that with Hagar. Say what you want about Hagar, but he's much more happy go lucky than other people.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          It's called rumor mongering, lol. The chances of Dave actually agreeing to any sort of reunion are pretty slim.
          I just think he was happy to meet up with people who weren't miserable bastards and wanted to talk to him
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Oh, I think they may play a show similar to what they tried to do recently, but I don't think there is any way anything more than that will transpire. If it is more than that, I doubt it will very many shows. The song selection would have to be done very carefully. The thought of the way Dave would sound on some of those songs, scares me.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

They wouldn't have to do that with Hagar. Say what you want about Hagar, but he's much more happy go lucky than other people.
              Oh that can't be true. The fact that he likes to party, laugh, have fun, act goofy, and treats his band mates well can't possibly mean he might actually be a shit ton more fun to hang out with compared to OBC and Spock.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                I just think he was happy to meet up with people who weren't miserable bastards and wanted to talk to him
                When you say "people", you mean his peers, right? Because I can promise you, Dave ain't looking for the average Joe to talk to him.

I still love how people think the on stage and in front of the camera "Diamond Dave", is really David Lee Roth.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Oh, I think they may play a show similar to what they tried to do recently, but I don't think there is any way anything more than that will transpire. If it is more than that, I doubt it will very many shows. The song selection would have to be done very carefully. The thought of the way Dave would sound on some of those songs, scares me.
                  Oh I could see Dave doing a show. But even a limited tour? I don't know. Dave seems to be about as motivated as Ed when it comes to actually doing anything. And like you said - he's gonna have a tough time pulling off a lot of those songs. But who knows, maybe he's actually working on his voice instead of going to Ninja College or running around Japan wearing a wrasslin mask.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

When you say "people", you mean his peers, right? Because I can promise you, Dave ain't looking for the average Joe to talk to him.

I still love how people think the on stage and in front of the camera "Diamond Dave", is really David Lee Roth.
                    Yeah, one thing Sam has right is when he says Dave ain't the happy party guy he likes people to believe he is. Seems to me he's more like Ed - he'd rather sit alone in a room and brood.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

People meAnt the eat em guys , the pic of him with them looked like they were all cool .

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Yeah, one thing Sam has right is when he says Dave ain't the happy party guy he likes people to believe he is. Seems to me he's more like Ed - he'd rather sit alone in a room and brood.
                        I can imagine that davey boy can party , as long as he was the absolute centre of attention.
                        Dave tuning up .... Me me me me

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

I can imagine that davey boy can party , as long as he was the absolute centre of attention.
                          Dave tuning up .... Me me me me
                          Maybe 30 years ago. Today? Yeah I don't think so.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Maybe 30 years ago. Today? Yeah I don't think so.
                            Please don't tell me as you get older you lose the ability to party ... I am sorry Donnie I really am

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Oh that can't be true. The fact that he likes to party, laugh, have fun, act goofy, and treats his band mates well can't possibly mean he might actually be a shit ton more fun to hang out with compared to OBC and Spock.
                              I don't know who "OBC" is, and don't get the Spock reference, even though I know who he is.

We were back stage at one of the Dave and Sam shows, and my Wife was sitting at a picnic table by herself while I was over on Dave's side of the back stage area, trying to act cool and talking to Ray and some of the crew. I go back to where she was sitting and as I walk up, I just about shit myself. Clichegar was sitting at the picnic table talking to her! Now, I'm not sure if it was my big DLR laminate, because she had one on too, or if it was my "Are you fucking crazy?" comment, but as soon as I got to the table, Hagar says he's gotta go get ready to go on and gets up and leaves. I asked my Wife how the fuck that happened, and she said he saw her sitting there by herself and just came and sat down and started talking to her. She said she told him we knew Ray and were with those guys, and he was totally cool about it, and then they just bullshitted for awhile. She always busted my balls after that, because Clichegar was much more down to earth than Dave.

That's also the first night I met Mona, Hagar's bass player. I was busting her chops about being in Hagar's band, and she said something to me about how she'd bust me and DLR in the mouth! She was fucking funny, and very cool.

I gotta say, I was at many shows on that tour, in several different States, and the Hagar side of the back stage area was always more party, while Dave's was always more business. Take that however you want, and spin it to whatever suits your opinion of both Dave and Sam, but that's just the way it was.

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

People meAnt the eat em guys , the pic of him with them looked like they were all cool .
                                I agree. That picture made it look like no matter what, they were going to have a great fucking time. It's a shame that show didn't happen on that night.

Comment

Working...