Does the "Eat 'Em and Smile" Reunion talk say anything about the future of Van Halen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
    There have been numerous discussions surrounding the possibility of Parkinson's...
    He's just...old.

When you hit 61, you're old. One can say "60 is the new 40" or whatever insipid pithy 'Life's Little Instructions' saying comes to mind, but once you're out of your 50s you have far more yesterdays behind you than tomorrows ahead of you.

With that age comes a natural diminishing of ability. It'd be freakish if Roth was still able to sing and perform at the level he was in his 20s and 30s, particularly since his showmanship involved a lot of screaming and jumping around.

When I saw those backstage pics of the aborted EEAS reunion club gig, my initial response was along the lines of wondering if Roth was ill, because he didn't look too well. But that's just the way he looks these days. Ed doesn't look all that well, either, when compared to his prime (although certainly a hell of a lot better than 10 years ago).
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
      /copious intake of redbull
      Nah man, Dave done moved up to Red Balls!!

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Add to Ignore list

Comment

• tbone888
          Roadie
          • Feb 2012

Don't know if this scenario has been mentioned, but here is my guess....Sammy and Mike back in the band, Wolf releases his project/album and opens for the Van Hagar tour. Wolf gets a cut of ticket sales/merchandise, use of the main stage/lighting etc etc

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by tbone888
            Don't know if this scenario has been mentioned, but here is my guess....Sammy and Mike back in the band, Wolf releases his project/album and opens for the Van Hagar tour. Wolf gets a cut of ticket sales/merchandise, use of the main stage/lighting etc etc
            Good point.

And if he's as good on keys as Ed claims, he could sit in with VH. You know Sam would insist on playing Right Now.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• moose
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

What a fkn joke this band has become!!

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by moose
                What a fkn joke this band has become!!
                Come on dude. You and I both know they've been a fucking joke since 1985.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

joke's on us
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• moose
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                    Come on dude. You and I both know they've been a fucking joke since 1985.
                    True

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      Good point.

And if he's as good on keys as Ed claims, he could sit in with VH. You know Sam would insist on playing Right Now.
                      I would straight up puke if that happened. A new level of gayness.
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...