Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Sam whoring his tequila would almost be rational on some level. but he sold his Cabo shares a while back unless he reupped or has a new one. Sam is a weirdo that chafes that he is not taken seriously as a musician. Nobody gives a fuck about his pre-Van Hagar solo career and he is hardly played on album rock stations outside of Van Halen and "I Cun't Drive (a 5-speed manual transmission)"...

There is something much weirder with is whoredom and pandering...

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
      Exactly.

He's an attention-whore...like some cunt who hasn't been laid in 3433 days.
      Hey! Don't bring your mother into this.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

He can't seem to let it go. Even in the wake of Eddie's death.
        Eddie was S P A M M Y' S cash cow. All S P A M M Y had to do was write cheesy pop ballad high school lyrics and let Eddie do all the heavy lifting. That ain't working, it's money for mediocrity and dicks for free.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Sam whoring his tequila would almost be rational on some level. but he sold his Cabo shares a while back unless he reupped or has a new one.

He sold the tequila company, but now he's whoring rum...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            Hey! Don't bring your mother into this.
            I think I love you.
            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And Sam's "authentic" stage persona he stole from Jimmy Buffett? The drunken boomer vacation soulless motif blended with bad, uncreative music that appeals to old white people...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

David Lee Roth volunteered as a EMT for I think five years in NYC. Volunteering meaning he didn’t get paid for his services. What does Sam volunteer for? Also Dave is quiet about what he donates. If Sam donated anything he would be up our asses telling us what a charitable human being he is.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  He sold the tequila company, but now he's whoring rum...

http://www.sammysbeachbarrum.com/
                  He sold his tequila brand but he still owns the Cabo Wabo clubs. He pimps it all but rum is fitting for Sam. He’s a pirate.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Hagar's gibberish about how his approach to rock music is about enlightening people's lives spiritually...I mean, doubtless Hagar believes this. Maybe the people who show up to Hagar's shows these days do, in fact, find Hagar's lyrics to be meaningful...maybe they found Hagar's lyrics to the Van Halen tunes he wrote were also meaningful. I suppose there is no accounting for tastes in terms of Hagar's fans and whatever it is they see in his brand of rock.

Hagar now claiming he wouldn't have written the book he had re: Eddie's drug issues during the 2003-2004 period smacks of the same bullshit Hagar pulled after the 2004 tour ended and [Hagar] claimed he wouldn't have done the tour considering the shape Eddie was in if not for the potential breach of contract. That whole excuse falls apart when one read that Hagar was fully aware of Eddie's condition before the contract was even signed. Hagar admittedly signed the contract assuming Eddie would clean up before the tour. Eddie didn't. The performances sucked. Hagar took the money anyway, then cashed in again by writing about all of it several years later in an attempt to lay the blame for the underwhelming tour at Eddie's feet. And you know what? Eddie probably did deserve the majority of the blame for how poor the performances were: from what I saw and heard, Eddie was the one who was fucking up onstage. The same still holds true for the Van Halen show I saw in 2008: the show wasn't what it could have been because Eddie visibly and audibly wasn't in a condition to give his best. That's still as true now after Eddie's passing as it was back then, and is just as true now as it was in 2004. That Hagar has regrets for writing what he did about the 2004 tour probably has more to do with the reality that Eddie didn't want much to do with Hagar in terms of another Van Hagar tour: that 2019 Sam and Dave tour was a pipe dream at best, given what we now know about Eddie's declining health (never mind what the odds were that Dave would have signed onto such a tour after having completed three tours fronting Van Halen Mach 4).

In terms of what Hagar said regarding Roth, none of it is really new in any sense. Hagar has expressed virtually all of those sentiments near verbatim in various past interviews. In terms of where Dave is at these days, I can't disagree in a general sense at least in terms of performances. From the 2020 Vegas shows to the opening slot on the 2020 KISS tour, Dave fronting a hard rock combo trying to recreate the Van Halen experience...for me, it is embarrassing to see and hear, because I can remember back to when Roth was at his zenith and could pull it all off. Even in terms of the 2008 show I saw (where Roth was excellent) and the 2012 show I saw (where Roth barely scraped by in terms of being passable), Roth these days just doesn't have what it takes vocally and his onstage patter and mannerisms come off more strange than cool to me. I will say I have enjoyed the more recent studio stuff Roth has done that has leaked out. I'd like to hear more stuff along those lines. Dave doing his 90 or 40 or however many minutes playing Van Halen tunes...Dave's just past it. That Hagar can't cut it onstage in terms of HIS singing these days doesn't make that any less true for me in terms of Dave being in the same boat.

Doubtless Hagar is going to be asked questions about Van Halen and David Lee Roth in every interview he ever does going forward. Honestly, those two subjects are about the only ones of interest the general public has re: Hagar. Doubtless Hagar's responses to those questions are the responses that will be highlighted. Hagar does have the option not to answer them, although seemingly Hagar can't seem to avoid rising to the bait...it seems a bit lame after all these years that the same old Sam vs. Dave angle is asked in every interview. It seems just as (if not more) lame that Hagar still seemingly gives enough of a shit to keep answering them: if Hagar really didn't give a shit about the Roth comparisons, one would think he'd just not even bother making them, regardless of whatever angle the interviewers have in terms of stirring up the same 35 year old sludge. I guess that sludge is...what? More interesting than whatever The Circle are currently doing?
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                      I think I love you.
                      The parallels with the content of this thread are uncanny...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

The Fartbridge Family were punk before their time.

Keith, Shirley and the chick on the boards were all highly fuckable and I'm willing to bet there was some heavy three-way toggle action going on between them; anal, BDSM, girl-on-girl-on-boy on another boy, you name it. The ginger puke on the bass went on to have a criminal record and the other two already knew their lives were destroyed being child actors. The manager was obviously gay and into Turkish bath houses. And those songs? Boy Howdy! Come on get happy a whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringing. We'll make you happy is pro-dope, sex and Hollywood Satanism and they were as anti-Steely Dan 70's as one could get. All their tunes were druggy, pussy-pulling and progressive way before the Koch-funded fuckbats ruined America.

They don't have to think they love me. I know they do.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                            Keith, Shirley and the chick on the boards were all highly fuckable and I'm willing to bet there was some heavy three-way toggle action going on between them; anal, BDSM, girl-on-girl-on-boy on another boy, you name it. The ginger puke on the bass went on to have a criminal record and the other two already knew their lives were destroyed being child actors. The manager was obviously gay and into Turkish bath houses. And those songs? Boy Howdy! Come on get happy a whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringing. We'll make you happy is pro-dope, sex and Hollywood Satanism and they were as anti-Steely Dan 70's as one could get. All their tunes were druggy, pussy-pulling and progressive way before the Koch-funded fuckbats ruined America.
                            Do you take medication?
                            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

The Partridge Family was a fuck fantasy show. The guys were smacking the sausage to Susan Dey. The girls were flicking their bean to David Cassidy. If you were into milfs you did your thing to Shirley Jones. If you were a gay male the manager was the fruit of your lust. If you were a sicko Danny Bonnaduce turned your crank.

Comment

• Jetstream
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Never was
                                Sam is a talented promoter and opportunist thats it. Shitty human, and artist.

Nice he both claims to not know a guy but then bad mouth him personally. Do you know him or not? Funny Wolf who actually was in a band with Dave had good things to say about him but yeah Sam knows better.
                                Not everyone lives their life publicly just because they are an artist, hard for Sam to comprehend as everything is an opportunity to transact for him. What an insecure second wife bullshit, give it up Sam if you had never stood on the stage Dave helped build you would be another Billy Squier in the history of rock. 70's is a tough age to try to grow up but try it Sam
                                Wrong, Billy Squier was far more successful than Sam ever was as a solo artist because his music tops him
                                I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...