This Fuckin' Kid

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004
    • 16347

    Originally posted by Warham
    One of my fave albums from the 90s is There Is Nothing Left to Lose by the Foos. When it was just Dave, Taylor and Nate. Love it because it’s laid back.
    Hippie.

    Comment

    • Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004
      • 14589

      Originally posted by Kristy
      Hippie.
      Maybe.

      Comment

      • Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004
        • 16347

        This is great. A lot of raw footage of B.G.K. on the GoobBoob. Don't shit yourself for one fucking seccy that the yellow-toothed dead behind the eyes drummer boy and his mop haired heroin dog did not take notice of them




        Unlike Nirsucka they could actually play their instruments on stage. You'll never see the drummer of this band whoring himself out.

        Comment

        • Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

          • Oct 2003
          • 35225

          I agree with their audience - that was shit.

          Comment

          • Catfish
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004
            • 898

            That was fucking terrible!

            Comment

            • Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004
              • 14589

              Originally posted by Rikk
              Seriously, Catfish...you have the best avatar on here. It's fucking hilarious!

              Where did that particular pic of the ol' enemy (FAB) come from? What is its history?
              Those were the days. 2004-2008 was THE best.

              Comment

              • ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                • Jan 2004
                • 8982

                Originally posted by Catfish
                I have too much to catch up on in this thread. Please clear up for me, someone, that it was Wolf's second album DLR referred to as being DOA and curb stomped or whatever. I see people online saying he's referring to ADKOT. I don't feel like DLR would refer to ADKOT as being DOA.
                The Van Halen music catalog generates $12+ million annually in streaming royalties globally. ADKOT comprised less than 1% of that overall revenue stream.

                The cost of the legal fees to draw up a stand-alone streaming contract for ADKOT due to it being released under Introscope Records would exceed the revenue potential for that album overall and it's projected decline in popularity make it a losing prospect. Better to stick with the existing entire VH catalog under the WB umbrella.

                ADKOT is just not popular enough globally to warrant the expense compared to the legacy catalog from the band. Thus it's DOA...
                Last edited by ZahZoo; 02-09-2024, 08:43 AM.
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

                Comment

                • Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004
                  • 14589

                  Now I know why DLR Band will never be on streaming, although it sold better than Dave’s 2003 album.

                  Comment

                  • nick500
                    Groupie
                    • Jul 2019
                    • 74

                    Originally posted by ZahZoo
                    The Van Halen music catalog generates $12+ million annually in streaming royalties globally. ADKOT comprised less than 1% of that overall revenue stream.

                    The cost of the legal fees to draw up a stand-alone streaming contract for ADKOT due to it being released under Introscope Records would exceed the revenue potential for that album overall and it's projected decline in popularity make it a losing prospect. Better to stick with the existing entire VH catalog under the WB umbrella.

                    ADKOT is just not popular enough globally to warrant the expense compared to the legacy catalog from the band. Thus it's DOA...
                    Could they piggyback it onto the WB contract or maybe just cut a quick deal with Rhino records or someone similar?
                    It is still maybe a 100 grand in revenue. I like the album myself. Beats the van hagar shit.

                    Comment

                    • Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

                      • Feb 2004
                      • 4587

                      Unless VH decides to do a re-release campaign for ADKOT with WB with an alternate album cover, some extra tracks (maybe include the original 2000 versions with Mike), etc. then it could find its way back onto streaming services.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

                      Comment

                      • nick500
                        Groupie
                        • Jul 2019
                        • 74

                        Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                        Unless VH decides to do a re-release campaign for ADKOT with WB with an alternate album cover, some extra tracks (maybe include the original 2000 versions with Mike), etc. then it could find its way back onto streaming services.
                        I'd love to hear those 2000 tracks, but I guess it's wishful thinking.
                        I'd like a vinyl reissue as well.
                        What can you do? It's up to them.

                        Comment

                        • Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004
                          • 14589

                          Who produced the 2000 tracks they did?

                          Comment

                          • Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                            • Oct 2003
                            • 35225

                            Originally posted by nick500
                            I'd love to hear those 2000 tracks, but I guess it's wishful thinking.
                            I'd like a vinyl reissue as well.
                            What can you do? It's up to them.
                            If you read the new biography 'DLR BOOK: HOW DAVID LEE ROTH CHANGED THE WORLD' the 2000 tracks were live recordings of the new songs on ADKOT 'As Is', 'Honeybaby' etc and were only partial because Dave would not sing the whole song so that Ed wouldn't have a completed recording with no deal in place.

                            Comment

                            • Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004
                              • 16347

                              Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              I agree with their audience - that was shit.
                              Once again, you missed the god damn point. That band along with any other band could have been Nirvana. It's all about the suits at records labels choose to exploit and they choose junkie Kurt.

                              Comment

                              • Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

                                • Feb 2004
                                • 4587

                                Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                If you read the new biography 'DLR BOOK: HOW DAVID LEE ROTH CHANGED THE WORLD' the 2000 tracks were live recordings of the new songs on ADKOT 'As Is', 'Honeybaby' etc and were only partial because Dave would not sing the whole song so that Ed wouldn't have a completed recording with no deal in place.
                                Correct.

                                So they could edit them in a way to have them be more complete.

                                If you guys recall from the Slawterhouse days these were the songs that Dave referred to as "the hands that fell off the clock" or something to that effect.

                                A re-issue for ADKOT will take a bit of effort from Dave and Alex and of course money. Not sure they want to do that. For various reasons. Who knows.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

                                Comment

                                Working...