This Fuckin' Kid

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • silverfish
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007
    • 554

    Wolfgang Van Halen: ‘I’m Basically Ripping Dave Grohl Off With Mammoth’


    Wolfgang Van Halen is following the steps of Dave Grohl. In a recent chat with Chris Difford for his podcast, I Never Thought It Would Happen, the musician talked about his wish to collaborate with Myles Kennedy one day and then went on to share his admiration for Grohl: “I’m basically ripping him off with […]
    Originally posted by sadaist
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

    Comment

    • Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

      • Dec 2003
      • 7501

      Originally posted by silverfish
      Wolfgang Van Halen: ‘I’m Basically Ripping Dave Grohl Off With Mammoth’


      https://rockcelebrities.net/wolfgang...-with-mammoth/
      I just don't have the energy to read any article about this fat fuck. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate you posting this. I'm sure somebody is interested in Valerie Jr's BS.

      Comment

      • ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

        • Jan 2004
        • 8980

        You didn't miss much Von. Meatwolf expressed his man love for Grohl... claims he's the rock god he aspires to be... yada yada...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

        Comment

        • Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004
          • 32798

          Yawn. Valerie is a has been and Wolfgang is a never was. It’s amazing how much media coverage they get. Valerie can still get on Ellen and talk about the new cock and balls she found. Her and Sam can do every shameful thing to cash in on Eddie’s death. Wife number two is the classy one. She keeps her mouth shut. Sam, Val and Wolfie really are the three fuckheads. Oh and Wolfie, you will never be Dave Grohl. He came from nothing, experienced a horrible tragedy with a band mate and started over and earned some recognition.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

          Comment

          • Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004
            • 32798

            Well at least Eddie finally escaped all the fuckheads in his life. I’m sure he’s jamming with Jimi Hendrix and sleeping with 72 virgins and eating all the pizza he wants.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

            Comment

            • Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004
              • 32798

              Well it looks like nobody wants to watch Barbra Cooper making a taco. She seems to think we are all interested in who’s been in her taco lately. She can go on daytime TV and brag that she can still get someone younger to fill it.. Better keep your jewelry locked up.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

              Comment

              • Silexxx
                Head Fluffer
                • Sep 2010
                • 263



                ​​​​​

                Comment

                • Never was
                  Foot Soldier
                  • May 2012
                  • 627

                  Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Yawn. Valerie is a has been and Wolfgang is a never was. It’s amazing how much media coverage they get. Valerie can still get on Ellen and talk about the new cock and balls she found. Her and Sam can do every shameful thing to cash in on Eddie’s death. Wife number two is the classy one. She keeps her mouth shut. Sam, Val and Wolfie really are the three fuckheads. Oh and Wolfie, you will never be Dave Grohl. He came from nothing, experienced a horrible tragedy with a band mate and started over and earned some recognition.
                  Wtf he is not Never Was. He far exceeds our weigjt limit. Cmon man

                  Comment

                  • Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 11968

                    Originally posted by Silexxx


                    ​​​​​
                    God, what a bunch of schmaltzy, hacky shit.

                    I guess that's a 'thing' at Foo Fighter concerts, said thing being doing cover tunes?

                    I get the feeling that the type of people who would go to a Foo Fighter concert - the type of people who are avid fans of the band - are folks I'd be about as lukewarm toward in terms of hanging out with them were I to run into them on the street as I am lukewarm toward the band in general.

                    I WOULD agree that at least Grohl put in a degree of work to get to where he is today, although if I'm being brutally honest to me Grohl's affectations as the singer/lyricist in the Foo Fighters have always come across as posed angst to me...second-rate Cobain oftentimes, minus the genuine emotion Cobain channeled.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

                    Comment

                    • Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                      • Oct 2003
                      • 35223

                      For the maybe 30/40% of people that didn't do it themselves already many years ago I feel compelled to be that guy who says that the tapping part of Eruption is not that difficult and if you put a bit of work into it a guitarist can be be playing that in the first year of taking up the instrument. Which was also of course part of the genius of Ed because being able to make that progress so early like a magic trick inspired so many - literally millions of people to play rock guitar.

                      It feels mean spirited to knock this as a fun thing to do on the last gig of a tour because it is. It's all context I guess and maybe knowing too much...
                      Last edited by Seshmeister; 05-13-2024, 09:25 PM.

                      Comment

                      • Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

                        • Feb 2004
                        • 4587

                        Originally posted by Terry

                        God, what a bunch of schmaltzy, hacky shit.

                        I guess that's a 'thing' at Foo Fighter concerts, said thing being doing cover tunes?

                        I get the feeling that the type of people who would go to a Foo Fighter concert - the type of people who are avid fans of the band - are folks I'd be about as lukewarm toward in terms of hanging out with them were I to run into them on the street as I am lukewarm toward the band in general.

                        I WOULD agree that at least Grohl put in a degree of work to get to where he is today, although if I'm being brutally honest to me Grohl's affectations as the singer/lyricist in the Foo Fighters have always come across as posed angst to me...second-rate Cobain oftentimes, minus the genuine emotion Cobain channeled.
                        That was fucking lame.

                        Wolf is a fat hypocrite. Keeps saying he won't play Van Halen songs anymore but continues to play his Dad's riffs at fucking Foo Fighter shows.

                        I guess its the only way he can stay relevant. Cause no one wants to hear his lame music.
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

                        Comment

                        • Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004
                          • 11968

                          Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          For the maybe 30/40% of people that didn't do it themselves already many years ago I feel compelled to be that guy who says that the tapping part of Eruption is not that difficult and if you put a bit of work into it a guitarist can be be playing that in the first year of taking up the instrument. Which was also of course part of the genius of Ed because being able to make that progress so early like a magic trick inspired so many - literally millions of people to play rock guitar.

                          It feels mean spirited to knock this as a fun thing to do on the last gig of a tour because it is. It's all context I guess and maybe knowing too much...
                          Mmmmm...it's not even really the level of difficulty, because you are 100% correct that the tapping part of Eruption isn't that tough to do. In fact, for me I found it was one of the easier parts of the solo despite it SOUNDING the toughest. Figuring out HOW Ed did it - especially back in the early 1980's before tab was widespread and there were any online resources and every other local guitarist and their brother had figured out how to tap - was always more difficult than actually doing it once one figured out how to DO the technique.

                          I would agree it's all context, and after 40 + years of being able to play it myself and hearing/seeing countless other guitar players do it, Eruption is boring; it WAS kinda neat the first time Wolfgang did it with the Foo Fighters inasmuch as it was a tribute to his father. For me, it became a little less neat each time Wolfgang has done it. Now, it's like, oh...there's Ed's kid playing Eruption/Hot For Teacher with the Foo Fighters...again.

                          Sort of like Eruption itself: the high of hearing it is never as great as it was the first time.

                          But, whatever. Doubtless those that were there and saw Ed's kid play it with the Foo Fighters enjoyed it.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

                          Comment

                          • Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                            • Oct 2003
                            • 35223

                            I'm thinking I should lighten up even as I'm typing this but the thing about the difficulty is it feels like it's kind of mocking the audience because after playing guitar professionally in a rock band for over 30 years if Dave Grohl can't play that tapping bit already I'm sure he could after spending an afternoon practicing it.

                            Ok I'm maybe overthinking a joke and a self effacing one at that...

                            Comment

                            • Silexxx
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 263



                              It's the exact same joke Conan and Jack Black did with Slash. Difference being that Conan is a talk show host who would need a help playing like Slash.
                              Last edited by Silexxx; 05-15-2024, 06:38 AM.

                              Comment

                              • Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

                                • Feb 2004
                                • 4587

                                Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                I'm thinking I should lighten up even as I'm typing this but the thing about the difficulty is it feels like it's kind of mocking the audience because after playing guitar professionally in a rock band for over 30 years if Dave Grohl can't play that tapping bit already I'm sure he could after spending an afternoon practicing it.

                                Ok I'm maybe overthinking a joke and a self effacing one at that...
                                Dave Grohl is a piece of shit. Fuck him and his Gay Fuck Fighters band.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

                                Comment

                                Working...