X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EbDawson
    Veteran
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jsadl
    The only guy Sammy needs to do a duet with on stage is Jimmy Buffett.

JAS
    That would be a step up for Spammy.
    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• CdnDlrfan
      Full On Cocktard
      • Jan 2004

I've heard of this episode of VH1 behind the music but I've never seen it. Is there a link somewhere to watch this or is there someone with a copy who is willing to share? thx :-)

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
        Commando
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Matt White
        [WHO , other than a SHEEP, wants to see SPAM on stage with DAVE?!? Would you want to see coverdale onstage with ROBERT PLANT?!?...
        DAVE called SPAM to do the tour, don't re-write history.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! [/B]
        As usual, fucking hilarious response - great analogy also!

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
        No, it was Sam's idea initially and Dave turned it down flat.

Her later reconsidered and finally accepted after Sam kept calling.
        WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! Here is the link for the Dave and Sam Howard Stern Show from the Bootleg section of this site:

Originally posted by Switch84

:p It's amazing what can be done with a little editing, doncha think? .....
        Absolutely correct....if Spammy was half the professional as Dave, and that shit really happened as it was presented, he would have kept it off the video. The fact that what was probably 5 minutes out of many friendly interactions between the two throughout the tour was blown up on the video to make it look like Dave refused to try and get along with Fagar shows that Spammy Fagar is a whining, sniveling bitch.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Agreed that editing is half the truth here, but from the final result, Hagar came off looking kinda like a whiner about the whole thing.

Sam's verbal acumen has never been a match for Dave, who has mastered the art of the putdown far beyond Hagar's simplistic "I think Dave's a jerk, nyah nyah". Plus, Roth has an element of self-depreciation, even in his most egocentric ramblings.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
            Banned
            • Mar 2005

i think it just showed dave was too much a coward to perform with hagar. oh, an asshole too.

Comment

• Dirty Duck
              Sniper
              • Aug 2005

There are always two sides to every story. But I'll take Dave's side on this one. Why? Cause ever since Sammy joined VH back in 86' he has done nothing but rip Dave apart in the media. I'm not saying that Dave is a saint...but I'm sure he has more class then that wannabe frontman clown. If you follow all the old interviews in the rock mags back then,you'll see that it's always sammy that had the big fucking mouth (probley trying to impress his new "co workers" at the time). I was at one of those shows back in 2002 in Jersey and i never heard one bad word about sammy come out of Dave's mouth. It's so painfully obvious that Sammy is jealous of Dave. It's a fact. Since Dave hasnt been in the media spotlight for some time, of course they're gonna go with Sammy (He's got product! Tequila). But real fans and rockers know who the best is....and he goes by the name David Lee Roth!

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                Banned
                • Mar 2005

dave proved he did the tour for the money. if it was to show vh fans who was the better frontman, he could have at least taken dickhead hagar up on his offer to do a song together and then blow him off the stage. there was a lot of cowardice and greed there on dave's part.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ritetoolforjob
                  Sheep Pen Owns Me.

I love cock.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

dave proved he did the tour for the money. if it was to show vh fans who was the better frontman, he could have at least taken dickhead hagar up on his offer to do a song together and then blow him off the stage. there was a lot of cowardice and greed there on dave's part.
                    DAVE "did it for the money?" Really?

No shit moron! When you work, well, IF you worked, you'd do it for the money too. Like when you deposit your welfare check, ya,' for the money.

Compare that to commercial jingle HAGAR, who would sell his shit-stained, Cabo-underroos on E-Bay if he could get $10 for them.

Comment

• EbDawson
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2004

ritetool, I don't know what we'd do without you around here but I'm willing to try.
                      "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                        He seems to only perform after being well rehearsed.
                        Dave admits to not rehearsing, and that rehearse is a "bad word" among him and his band...

Some of the boots reveal this fact...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Shut the fuck up...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            I love Dave, but they both kinda looked rediculouse.
                            Now that's ridiculous...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

dave always said "I don't jam with anybody"...good for me...
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                                Veteran
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                Dave admits to not rehearsing, and that rehearse is a "bad word" among him and his band...

Some of the boots reveal this fact...

Dave was being sarcastic. Everyone who has ever worked with Dave describe how demanding he is and how hard they rehearse.

For a so-called Dave fan, you sure don't understand him.

Comment

Working...