• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

26 fuckin years?

NO COVERS!!!

For the next album I want ALL killer , no filler....
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• hambon4lif
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

I like the line that runs up the back of your stockings....

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
        26 fuckin years?

NO COVERS!!!

For the next album I want ALL killer , no filler....
        It wouldnt be VH without at least ONE cover lol

I was thinking like thome about all of these threads I have seen over the last 10-11 years since I have been on DLR/VH sites. Still cool to think about.

Max and I were talking today about Donut City and no it's not a cover but its something I would love to hear live with maybe some, um, vocals ...from Dave :p
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by thome
          If we merged this thread with the 50 others on this subject we will have perhaps covered every some ever written.

And I love that ...but this -IS- the only tune they should do.

I would like to see Dave and Ed's treatment of this gem.. Make It HOT!!~!

Thome!! What the flying FUCK made you think of this song!! LMAO!

You know they could have pulled this off when they had Anthony singing back up (la,la, la,la,la...)
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• thome
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
            Thome!! What the flying FUCK made you think of this song!! LMAO!

You know they could have pulled this off when they had Anthony singing back up (la,la, la,la,la...)
            I thought that..too, lol.

I also thought the vid could have Al, Ed and Wolf doing the funny chicks dance thing..... but then I thought no comedy hit this jam and shayk'it!

You hear that driving bass in the background this song is made to feature Wolfgang.

I know that kid can throw down.

Get some BrlyQ Babes shaking those hips and the la la la should be Eds' guitar...

Your the best ....dg

Comment

• Dan
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

No Cover Songs.
              Last edited by Dan; 09-10-2010, 08:05 PM.
              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

As would Bill Withers Use Me.
                Kinda like the spin Mick Jagger & Lenny Kravitz put on that one, myself.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

The good thing about a cover is they present the public with an already well known song, just with a different well known VH sound. It's a very safe way to get radio play & people wanting to buy the whole album to hear the new originals. I'm all for 1 cover tune. They have always made them so good. Just look at You Really Got Me. 30 years later I bet most average people think that's a Van Halen song.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                    The good thing about a cover is they present the public with an already well known song, just with a different well known VH sound. It's a very safe way to get radio play & people wanting to buy the whole album to hear the new originals.
                    That was Ted Templeman's theory as well, that by doing a cover tune you were already half way there. Of course, this lead to Edward Van Halen's statement about preferring to "bomb with his own stuff than cover other people's material". Now that he has proven that belief with VH III, you have to wonder if he has reconsidered that position.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Assuming Ted Templeman produces this album (which he damned well better be) maybe they should do a Doobie Brothers cover.

Not the Michael McDonald stuff - that was the Doobies "Van Hagar" era.

I could hear them pulling off a bluesy version "Black Water". Dave (being Jewish) might want to pass on "Jesus is Just Alright With Me" though.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Dave (being Jewish) might want to pass on "Jesus is Just Alright With Me" though.
                        He could change it to "Moses Is Just Alright With Me"...I don't give a shit, as long as they're doing something.

Daves voice now is custom-built for some killer blues. People are expecting a second coming of the first album, which is not very realistic, in fact, it's downright ridiculous.

What they can do (given the bass players other nut has dropped) is a down and dirty blues record with extra grease. Take those skats Dave and Ed were doing on the last tour and build on 'em. Run with that "Crossroads" jam and see where it goes.....

A Van Halen 'blues' disc would not only be a natural next-step, it would just fucking slay!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by joe d'amato
                          ... this has probably been covered here before but hey why not one more time ...

ok

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I think one of the tunes they supposedly put down in 2000 was magic carpet ride, by steppenwolf. In it's original form...no, but I can easily picture Roth and the tin-can-trio blues-ing that up...
                            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

Can't you hear me knockin would be cool too

and Max says In the Midnight Hour...

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Can't you hear me knockin would be cool too

and Max says In the Midnight Hour...
                                Lovely to hear from you guys!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...