X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    I think one of the tunes they supposedly put down in 2000 was magic carpet ride, by steppenwolf. In it's original form...no, but I can easily picture Roth and the tin-can-trio blues-ing that up...
    I think that song Halenized would sound pretty cool....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I do remember hearing something about "Magic Carpet Ride" back then, but there was so many bullshit rumors and fake insider troll bullshit going around back then, that who knows if it was true or not? As far as Steppenwolf covers go, I'm thinking "Born to be Wild" might actually work better. Or if they want to keep it bluesy, "God Damn The Pusher".
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DaveTheScott
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2007

Fuck that, change it up and blow everybody away - they should cover Shy Boy, or Tobacco Road even fucking better. Can't you hear Ed fucking destroying those?

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Kinda like the spin Mick Jagger & Lenny Kravitz put on that one, myself.
          you said no keyboards...

maybe a Cream tune...
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

When Dave did his Vegas stint with Edgar Winter, he fucking knocked the hell out of a version of "Free Ride". Was actually my favorite performance of the night.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• VHscraps
              Veteran
              • Jul 2009

Goin' Back Home by Dr. Feelgood - Dave can get the harp out, as well:

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                Veteran
                • Jul 2009

If not on the new album, then for the road - I agree. No synths, just badass rock'n'roll. Have Love Will Travel by The Sonics - from 1965. This kicks butt.

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                  I do remember hearing something about "Magic Carpet Ride" back then, but there was so many bullshit rumors and fake insider troll bullshit going around back then, that who knows if it was true or not? As far as Steppenwolf covers go, I'm thinking "Born to be Wild" might actually work better. Or if they want to keep it bluesy, "God Damn The Pusher".
                  Oh shit, I changed my mind. "Born to be Wild" would be out-fucking-standing.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Oh shit, I changed my mind. "Born to be Wild" would be out-fucking-standing.....
                    The Cult did it. Slayer did it. A few others have done it. Would be most awesome with the brown sound and Dave. I have a feeling they could end up owning that tune just like they took You Really Got Me from the Kinks.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
                      Would be most awesome with the brown sound and Dave. I have a feeling they could end up owning that tune just like they took You Really Got Me from the Kinks.
                      That's exactly what I was thinking bro, I think Ed could tear up that riff....

I mean, I'm not a guitarist, and it seems like a fairly easy riff to play, but I would love to hear how EVH would play it....

Comment

• photodood
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Sep 2010

Howz bout a Rod Stewart gem? I always liked You're Insane and Every Picture Tells a Story. I know, one is solo and one is Faces, but still Rod. I also always thought that Black Betty would be torn to shreds by them. It's got a spot for a drum spotlight, a guitar solo, and Dave would just kill on vocals.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If they were gonna do a Faces tune, this might work........

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

The Georgia Satellites recorded a cover of "Every Picture Tells A Story" for their first album, and it worked quite well. But I just can't hear Dave Roth singing "Spent some time feelin' inferior, standing in front of my mirror..." with any real conviction. In fact, it would be downright impossible to believe.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              But I just can't hear Dave Roth singing "Spent some time feelin' inferior, standing in front of my mirror..." with any real conviction. In fact, it would be downright impossible to believe.

I hear ya.... Dave - expressing even a moment of self-doubt, ever? Not likely...
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Little Texan
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                                I like the line that runs up the back of your stockings....

Dave covered that on the BBQ video.

Comment

Working...