• Oct 2009

Dave is Dave and that's the way it should be

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
      Head Fluffer
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Bloomington
      Dave is Dave and that's the way it should be
      Exactly. He's sui generis. To me, there was no VH without him. As far as I'm concerned, this is the first VH album since 1984.

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chi-town324
        talking about winging it..how bout bottoms up?...Dave is laughing on the com umm umm umm baby...that shit is what make Dave great...hes one of a kind
        Yep....you can go on and on about the "mistakes" on their albums........that's what makes this band so great.

Like Ed has said, the falling down the stairs and landing on your feet, moments make this band unique.....it's never been about note perfect performances, it's a vibe and an attitude!
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• degüello
          Sniper
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
          ... Christina Hendricks on the other hand...
          Wow, just googled her. Holy fuck.

That's it, I'm starting to watch Mad Men this week, no more putting it off.
          "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• SNIPER
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Damn, Calderone.. ...That shit is killer! You are a bad man!!

Comment

• So this is love
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

Exactly!!!!

Originally posted by nitroDave23
              That's what makes this band so fun,

They just show up and rock the house down.You know, that party vibe, Van Halen are a party band.

Dave just happens to be the party
              You nailed it!!!!!
              Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kwame k
                Agreed, The Who brought it that night and are another great example of a band winging it live........like I said earlier, if you want a band to recreate the album perfectly live, why bother! Just sit at home and listen to the record.
                or any of a shitload of lipsyncing "artists" shows out there.

somewhere

out there
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Calderone
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bru87tr
                  Ok, doing a little research I think the Carson Daly was in 2002.

Dave was hitting those screams with ease in 2002 when on tour with Brian Young, Ray Luzier & James Lomenzo. That was a great band and they played the songs top notch and Dave sounded really great.

I always wondered if he was practicing the scream for that tour cause before that he could not do it so well. Only a couple years later and it was rare to hear him do it. But in 2002, he was easily doing it for the most part.

If you search and watch most any 2002 performance with that band, he did it a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-PH...eature=related
                  Those are not the high classic screams ...you are confusing them with the James Brown-Like screams which are not
                  the classic ones. He just did a classic but "hidden" one at 1:29

Comment

• Calderone
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                    Damn, Calderone.. ...That shit is killer! You are a bad man!!
                    Hey there !

Comment

• degüello
                      Sniper
                      • Mar 2004

Calderone, good to see the resident DLR vocal scholar is back! Nicely done.
                      "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• Calderone
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

What's up Deg ! i've been always here but mostly lurking , now its time to celebrate !
                        Remember the old days of the Torch ?

Comment

• tod
                          Roadie
                          • Mar 2004

You mean this one?

Into his bandana or his mouth? Where do you usually aim, dopie?

Originally posted by dopie
                          OK guys. Good luck jerking off on your 1982 Roth posters.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by bru87tr
                            Ok, doing a little research I think the Carson Daly was in 2002.

Dave was hitting those screams with ease in 2002 when on tour with Brian Young, Ray Luzier & James Lomenzo. That was a great band and they played the songs top notch and Dave sounded really great.

I always wondered if he was practicing the scream for that tour cause before that he could not do it so well. Only a couple years later and it was rare to hear him do it. But in 2002, he was easily doing it for the most part.

If you search and watch most any 2002 performance with that band, he did it a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-PH...eature=related
                            Best Roth solo band since EEAS love Ray's drumming there.

How can that possible be nearly 10 years ago I saw them in Tampa? Jesus...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
                              Agreed, The Who brought it that night and are another great example of a band winging it live........like I said earlier, if you want a band to recreate the album perfectly live, why bother! Just sit at home and listen to the record.
                              Instead nowadays just about every single song from every single gig ends up on YouTube with at least 20% of the comments being completely retarded.

Talking of which I just remembered something from the gig I went to on the last tour - 1:40 in, one of the best put downs since 'I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend...'

Comment

• fourthcoming

I personally think Roth put more into his vocals on the 07-08 tour than he ever has. I'm a drummer and the lead singer in a half ass, stuck in the glorious 80's cover band....(who the hell cares, I know) I'm not a friggin scientist or anything but it's a proven fact that male voices get higher over time as a man ages and women's voices get lower as they age. Something to do with the vocal chords obviously but I went to community college so don't expect an in-depth explanation. I don't necessarily love the higher registry that developed around the Your Filthy Little Mouth days, but Diamond Dave just cut a new record with VH.....there's nothing that's gonna ruin my spirits. On Dave's worst day he is still above and beyond Gaygar's "I sound like a dying cat" vocals and Dave's lyrics are always excellent. Dave is a showman, he is a throwback to a different era, yet he is timeless. You could have put Dave in the 1920's music scene and he still would have set the world on fire. He has that something, that charisma that sets him apart from any other front man in the history of rock and roll. He gets it....he knows he's not only a singer, but an entertainer. He has never sounded EXACTLY like the album when he sings live, he doesn't have to...he has so much more to offer. He has his schtick and he improvises on occasion. He's a spontaneous dude....and that's the genius of his style. I will always respect his abilities. If your looking for a lead singer and a band that sounds EXACTLY like the album, then your a RUSH geek.

Comment

Working...