Van Halen - The Downtown Sessions - "You Really Got Me" Video...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Saw the YRGM video...I don't know if Eddie is really laughing at Dave's jokes...he seems a little "back-tense", stressed people do. Trust me I know I have a smile like that when I'm stressed!
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• So this is love
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
      He looks more relaxed than I've ever seen him. I think Daves Zen approach to life has finally stuck to Ed.
      I like your thinking here...Maybe one of the reasons why we as fans dig Daves Zen approach to life...Food for thought (I always wondered why I seem to appreciate Van Roth music more than anyone aound me in my journey through life...its like its in my blood or something)
      Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
        Saw the YRGM video...I don't know if Eddie is really laughing at Dave's jokes...he seems a little "back-tense", stressed people do. Trust me I know I have a smile like that when I'm stressed!
        Ed is a recovering alcoholic afterall - in addition it seems he is trying to kick the smoking habit so that may all have to do with looking a bit "back-tense".

I thought he looked good. And judging from the Cafe Wa show, he is definitely on fire.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• SNIPER
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

I think this is great and it sounds killer. Playing clean like this is not easy for anybody when you are a hard hitting rock band. I fucking love it!! They are moving forward and doing things for the fans that they have never done before. Thats what a band is suppose to do. As long a they are giving us new stuff like this I am in van heaven. I never thought I would see the day. This is the Van Halen I have been waiting for!! I am a happy kid!

Comment

• fifth element
            Commando
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
            Yeah, no doubt, Ed is singing big time. He has always been part of the Van Halen back up vocals!
            lol...yep, Ed is ROCKIIN'

great to see it!
            “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• redfire
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
              Funny...I think I've heard that somewhere before, almost verbatim.

Good to see ya back.

No way. I'm not big on reading 7 pages of posts anymore. Especially because I typically feel the need to respond to the people who have nothing good to say about the Van Halen content we've received in the past month. Probably because this is MORE VAN HALEN than we've received in the past 10 years. You remember the past 10 years right? It was that horrible time period where we heard next to nothing from this band. The days when we asked for something, anything, from =VH=... Alas, Law school robbed me of the joy of reading. So, to whomever wrote my post, attribute my post to you. I'm just glad someone else thought the background vocals sounded great.

Nice to be back.
              Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by redfire
                Alas, Law school robbed me of the joy of reading.

Nice to be back.
                Nice to see you.

It could be worse, law school robbed me of the view that most people are nice. Well for a few years anyway.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister

It could be worse, law school robbed me of the view that most people are nice.
                  I never had that view...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Nice to see you.

It could be worse, law school robbed me of the view that most people are nice. Well for a few years anyway.
                    Especially lawyers. If everyone got along they would be out of a job.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      I never had that view...

Of course.

You are a poster boy for atheism.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

No i'm not...

People in general just suck...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

No i'm not...

They are not called the immoral majority for nothing. The Chinese had it figured out a long time ago. It's all about who's in the circle and who's out. You only let the people you can trust in the circle and they have to earn the right to be there through their actions. Everyone out of the circle are just the masses and not really anything special.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Well, my circle is small...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

No i'm not...

It just confirms my thesis that there are nice people and cunts in the world and religion has absolutely no impact at all in making the cunts less cuntish but it can sometimes make the nice people cunts.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

It just confirms my thesis that there are nice people and cunts in the world and religion has absolutely no impact at all in making the cunts less cuntish but it can sometimes make the nice people cunts.
                                For religion to work you need scared people. Actually politicians do the same thing by scaring everyone that the country is going to be over ran by terrorists unless we feed the huge war machine and invade other countries. What's ironic is they leave the border wide open and if a terrorist really wanted to come in and raise some hell. No problemo. But it's the fear they use to justify their money making actions.

In organized religion they exploit the fear of death and the fear of being an outcast in the community. Peer pressure basically. If people weren't scared then the politcians and priests would have no emotions to exploit. So maybe we just need to stop being scared and just live life.

I learned skiing real steep cliff faces and going over 60 MPH on skies if you just relaxed and went with it, you would ski wonderfully. Much like playing an instrument after you have mastered it. You just don't think anymore you go beyond that. As soon as the fear of oh shit this is steep! or man I'm going too fast! As soon as that fear creeps in you will wreak and crash.

A World War II fighter ace said the same thing. As long as you thought your were the best pilot up there and believed it, you would probably come back. As soon as you became scared you probably would get shot down. Fear just is a crippling emotion. Students that have bad test anxiety do shitty on tests; even though they know the material. The fear just cripples their reasoning.

So one of the most important lessons in life is to control your fears. They only hold you back and people can use them against you.
                                Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-20-2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...