Van Halen - The Downtown Sessions - "You Really Got Me" Video...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Ypu should learn to abbreviate you entire posts...
    you should go and fuck a gumboot...

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

And BTW Mark, Tattoo is awesome...

I really like it...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ashstralia
        you should go and fuck a gumboot...
        You should gum and go a bootfuck...

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
          Yes I am, I clearly stated I would only input one comment on the subject.

Hows Wolfies backing vocals on YRGM, who needs Mikey ? (There ya go Shoes !)
          At this point...I think Sammy's the only one who needs Mikey.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

And BTW Mark, Tattoo is awesome...

I really like it...
            Yeah, best vibe I have had from a song since the 80's. Theres a lot of layers
            to it, I get the same rush as some of the Randy Rhoads/Ozzy CVH albums
            with Tattoo. I honestly thought I would never get that feeling again.
            With one single tattoo Hagar has also been erased forever !
            (another bonus !)
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Yeah, it has real depth compared to whatever might be considered to be the best Van Hagar song, by far...

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                Head Fluffer
                • Oct 2010

Well, my circle is small...
                Among other things...

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Panamark
                  In the process of microchipping it permanently on my soul as we speak !
                  I was thinking of tattooing some of the lyrics somewhere on me, but I thought that might be too meta.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
                    That's the thing, yeah. Los angeles rock station morning show Mark & Brian. They only played the very beginning of it & then went off. What makes me mad is maybe casual fans will think the small portion they heard is indicative of the entire album, then they get further skewed opinions by hearing the dj's. Power of suggestion & all.

I dig the tune for what it is. VH messing around sloppily & live. Just having some fun & filming it so we can be a part of it.

Oh well, what matters is that I enjoyed it. So cool to see a different flavor of VH. They never cease to amaze or surprise me.

I still think that is all a part of it. They have just gotten all of the warts and ugliness out of the way. Haters can hate. Then we get down to business.

Looking forward to a sweet album.

Nice Job Interscope, Dave and the Band.

Roth On!

=VH=

2000 Fuck Pukes!
                    Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-21-2012, 02:00 AM. Reason: BTW 2000 Mothers!
                    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                      I hope we hear/read a lot of interviews about how great they are getting along, etc., but until then I just cringe every time Dave is "being Dave" and I'm waiting for the shit to hit the fan. I hate that I'm conditioned to feel that, but that's the way it is...
                      I think you and I are the only two people here who cringed just a little bit when Dave was being Dave in this video. I absolutely remember Eddie talking shit about Dave's "hoppin-boppin" etc.. routine. Ed said those exact words for god's sake! And when Dave started up with it...I know I subconsciously ducked down a little because I just knew Ed was going to toss his guitar and say "fuck THIS"! I hope Ed and Al have grown up a little bit and realize that Dave is just Dave. They can't change him - and I hope they don't try.
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                        I was thinking of tattooing some of the lyrics somewhere on me, but I thought that might be too meta.
                        i can think of somewhere to put 'explodo pink' in a fancy font...

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

hey! couple #2 to the dance floor please. you know what happened last week.

aah heater, would you prefer it if davo wore a big pouffy blonde wig?
                          and sang beautiful songs about eagles, and how they go higher?

jeezus.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            I think you and I are the only two people here who cringed just a little bit when Dave was being Dave in this video. I absolutely remember Eddie talking shit about Dave's "hoppin-boppin" etc.. routine. Ed said those exact words for god's sake! And when Dave started up with it...I know I subconsciously ducked down a little because I just knew Ed was going to toss his guitar and say "fuck THIS"! I hope Ed and Al have grown up a little bit and realize that Dave is just Dave. They can't change him - and I hope they don't try.
                            Relax, bro.....

Its been going on 5 years now.......

Dave is golden with Howdy Doody Mountain.
                            Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

How many fucking times does ELVIS want to state the performance sucks?

Shut the fuck up already.

I think it's pretty cool. Laid-back. After years of getting excited at the prospect of a quote in a music mag from Dave or Ed, seeing them play this laid-back version of a debut album classic and knowing there are three more performances waiting on the bonus disc (one of them being one of the new songs) is good enough for me.

I think the DELUXE version is a dollar more or something on Amazon. Four performances on one disc is damn good for a dollar.

Welcome back, Dave.
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by Rikk
                                How many fucking times does ELVIS want to state the performance sucks?

Shut the fuck up already.

I think it's pretty cool. Laid-back. After years of getting excited at the prospect of a quote in a music mag from Dave or Ed, seeing them play this laid-back version of a debut album classic and knowing there are three more performances waiting on the bonus disc (one of them being one of the new songs) is good enough for me.

I think the DELUXE version is a dollar more or something on Amazon. Four performances on one disc is damn good for a dollar.

Welcome back, Dave.
                                There is a button for Ignore. Elbow can suck my kiss. It is a fool and a tool. Just walk on past.
                                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...