Van Halen - The Downtown Sessions - "You Really Got Me" Video...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rothschild
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Mar 2005

The video is very cool, and the "imperfection" of it makes it "Perfection"!

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

For the record - Wolf wasn't playing on that and the vocals were piped in. There. Now we can all move on.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• PanamaHat
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Jan 2012

Link for fans outside the U.S.

Here's a link where non-U.S. people should be able to download it (it worked for me!). Just skip the advertisement after 5 seconds and there it is.

I quite liked at as it is great to see the boys having fun together. Eddie also plays some pretty cool licks here and there. Not that I am crazy about acoustic VH but great to have this kind of bonus material while eagerly waiting of the album and tour.
        My Van Halen / David Lee Roth concerts: 1988 - Helsinki, Finland; 1993 - Stockholm, Sweden; 1995 - London, UK; 1998 - Melbourne, Australia; 2004 - Toronto, Canada; 2007 - Greensboro, NC. Upcoming - Chicago, IL (Feb 24th)!!

Comment

• wiseguy
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by PanamaHat
          Here's a link where non-U.S. people should be able to download it (it worked for me!). Just skip the advertisement after 5 seconds and there it is.

I quite liked at as it is great to see the boys having fun together. Eddie also plays some pretty cool licks here and there. Not that I am crazy about acoustic VH but great to have this kind of bonus material while eagerly waiting of the album and tour.
          That was awesome, thanks again. What was all the fuss about?? That was so raw. Loved it. Very good.
          Stay frosty now.
          Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• chi-town324
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Feb 2007

you have Dave & Ed" sitting in you living room" setting jamming ...how fucking awesome is that? the only thing better is if Ed would break out Spanish Fly at the end!!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Just watched the vid.It was fun,I liked it.Could not help laughing at al on the bongo's
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• franksters
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                That was kick ass. Nothing wrong with that at all. Never done, never seen, never heard before. Better than any bootleg we could have hoped for.
                well said, about all these things, rumors, clips, music,pics, debates, ect....: I find myself enjoying this so much, and I would even say that this is the most fun ''musically'' I've had in a long fuckin time I'll tell you.
                keep it coming
                SUMMER'S JUST
                AROUND
                THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• franksters
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

I also enjoyed the way it was shot like 2 views at the same time.. really kool!
                  SUMMER'S JUST
                  AROUND
                  THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                  http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

This makes me very excited for 'Your Blues' - I have to assume it's a tune that translates well to acoustic. Seems like it has an intro which makes me think instrumental. Can't wait for this!!

Oh, and I do not think VH will bust out with an acoustic set in the middle of their show.. no way, nuh uh.
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

The versions of the video from the official sites are now on the Homepage and in this thread....

So you damn foreigners can see it, too....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        The versions of the video from the official sites are now on the Homepage and in this thread....

Sure... now that we've downloaded software full of ads . However, I now can also get all those American shows that I'm usually blocked from. Thanks, Sesh!
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

some of you guys are really full of shit and should take some happy pills or what have you...we were desperate to get something from the band...waiting for years...speculating about Dave being a hired gun, adding his vocals in some studio in NY while the van Hales record their stuff in 5150...now they appear as a band, playing around, laughing at each other, having fun and are the only people taking that shit not so serious...

and then there is you...bitching and moaning about Dave singing through his nose...it's a fun shot...enjoy it and go with the vibe...maybe that gets the cramps out of your sour asses...jesus...
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

fuck you very much...
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• So this is love
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

Finally!!! Fark you very much too Friend...Damn good I want this version of YRGM to be played at my funerals...
                              Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• So this is love
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
                                This makes me very excited for 'Your Blues' - I have to assume it's a tune that translates well to acoustic. Seems like it has an intro which makes me think instrumental. Can't wait for this!!

Oh, and I do not think VH will bust out with an acoustic set in the middle of their show.. no way, nuh uh.
                                I wouldn`t bet my house on it,,,I think acoustic is in the air for this tour...at least more tunes than ever before...I wish I`m wrong.
                                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

Working...