X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
    Dave is fucking awesome, he would have been the best professor in college I never had lol

I was thinking the same thing ---- how cool would it be to have Dave guest lecturing a music history class at NYU? Holy fuck --- Dave would have a whole new angle for banging hot co-eds!

This video also reinforces how retarded cumstains like Jim Florentine totally miss the boat ---- calling "Tattoo" a cheesy song with cheesy lyrics.

We have to embrace these kind of moments because they are quickly disappearing ---- I mean who is gonna watch Justin Beiber sit on a stool and explain one of his songs 40 yrs. from now?

Can you see Sambo trying to wax poetic about one of his songs? "Well....umm....uh....I like my wife's pussy....so I wrote "Poundcake" you see.....she's homegrown and down-home, now that's a woman.....I'm so damn smart!"

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

in my best Ozzy impersonation: "I...I...I... me...me...mean...who the fuck is Justin Bieber...?"
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Dave is a natural born story teller. I could listen for hours.
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

It's funny, that's what all the girls say - I could talk to Dave for hours - or just listen to HIM talk.

Oh dear.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
            Head Fluffer
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
            It's funny, that's what all the girls say - I could talk to Dave for hours - or just listen to HIM talk.
            Ha! Am I the only one who not only didn't mind, but actually enjoyed, his rambling on between songs a couple of times at Cafe Wha?

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Course not! I love when he does that!

Oh dear.

Comment

• Bob_R
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

That was cool.

I remember Springsteen did the similar thing years ago but at a college university or some sort of intimate setting in front of a couple of thousand people. He even went as far as to play guitar and piano while explaining the ideas and meanings behind some of his songs.
                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

don't know how often I watched some intro to ice cream man from the last tour...same story and he tells it every night as if it was the first time ever he told it...great storyteller he is...and it never got old...
                  Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Nothing But Sweet As.
                    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Ray Luzier called it the "School of Roth"...
                      Roth Army Icon

Comment

• chi-town324
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2007

Obviously alot of thought went into this album. Maybe thats why it took so long. But i believe it's gonna blow our socks off!!
                        There is only one David Lee Roth!!

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          What really killed the experience for me was the overlong "chapters" Stephen King would tack onto his recent books.
                          I used to love King, but he lost me at The Dark Tower.
                          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                            I dunno, part of me doesn't want to know. I like Dave's lyrics because we all take from them what applies to us in our lives. Sometimes, not knowing what the hell he is singing about is better and leaves much to the imagination. That grey area is what kept this site going these many years, lol
                            Fuck it...even when he says what they mean...does he really mean what he says?
                            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• SparkieD
                              Veteran
                              • Sep 2006

I wish every person who went into a tattoo studio was forced to listen to this, especially the part about how it does and should hurt. I guarantee you there would be far less shitty ink. Dave's brilliant, as always.
                              Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                              Originally posted by rustoffa
                              Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• gbranton
                                Veteran
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                Fuck it...even when he says what they mean...does he really mean what he says?
                                And if so, would it be poetry in ink?
                                "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...