X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by chefcraig
    11/22/63 is absolutely mind-blowing. No spoilers from me (Why do people always have to do that?) other than to say it's another book that is damned near impossible to put down. It grabs you from the very first page and doesn't let go.
    Other than the fact that King preposterously subscribes to the long gunman theory. How someone so intelligent can be so obtusely narrow-minded is beyond me, but he writes a hell of a story.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• dazzlindino
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2009

That Dave video is all Dat and Mo'...hell ya....oh heeeelll ya.....man would be cool if Dave would do something like that starting with the early days!
      I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• JJtheVagPounder
        Head Fluffer
        • Oct 2009

I feel this is more Interscope saying "Hey, we are going to do new and crazy things to make people aware that Van Fucking Halen is back so when the record drops BOOM! Big sales!" that it is solely Dave. But then again, maybe it's this kind of forward thinking that made Dave really push for Interscope.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by JJtheVagPounder
          With my quote?
          No, my mistake...

But dude, I didn't say anything negative in this thread so why dog me out ??

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by JJtheVagPounder
            I feel this is more Interscope saying "Hey, we are going to do new and crazy things to make people aware that Van Fucking Halen is back so when the record drops BOOM! Big sales!" that it is solely Dave. But then again, maybe it's this kind of forward thinking that made Dave really push for Interscope.
            Maybe Dave has more control that most of us currenty think...

Comment

• JJtheVagPounder
              Head Fluffer
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS

I was referring to this quote (and many other like it). In this case, did I read out of context? Do I owe you an apology?

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

No, I have thick skin...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

That's what I'm hoping for. It couldn't be anything but a good thing if Dave's back in his old role as captain of the VH ship. Hell, I wanna see him kick this thing into overdrive and set the world on fire! Even if he has to drag Eddie kicking and screaming all the way
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Momshell
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

I loved this - can't stop watching it - reminded me of Dave's radio show. Aside from being creative, original, and brilliant, he's got to have one of the sexiest voices ever! I could listen to him recite the alphabet for hours!!
                    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

And maybe you're another Dave took a shit and I ate it and liked it stupid mother fucker...
                      WTF????? You mean Dave took a shit and I missed it?????
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• don don
                        Groupie
                        • Jan 2007

Interesting to hear the personal and philosophical aspect to the lyrics. Can't wait to hear it live! See you guys in Louisville!

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by neuralfraud
                          Why the fuck are they using VIMEO? Are they too COOL to use youtube? a service which has gigabits of bandwidth dedicated for its millions of users?? No. They decided to use vimeo, a "hipster" alternative which obviously can't handle a moderate load. What a joke.

I would sincerely like to be able to watch this video.. I just... cant.

I took 10 minutes typing this message - couldn't really articulate my disgust.. the video paused in the background. I was waiting for it to preload. Typically in under a minute the rest of the video should be finished loading - evidenced by the progress/position bar having a solid gray background.

So how far did I get in 10 + minutes? I got an extra 45 seconds of video preloaded. Hot fucking damn!

/sitting on a 40mbps broadband, no problems here.
                          Vimeo allows users to embed a video on a specific page while preventing it from being embedded elsewhere. That means that DDE/VH can give any site(s) an exclusive. YouTube can't do that, as I found out when I came home from Cafe Wha? and wanted to share some videos only here.

Comment

• mohican
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                            Vimeo allows users to embed a video on a specific page while preventing it from being embedded elsewhere. That means that DDE/VH can give any site(s) an exclusive. YouTube can't do that, as I found out when I came home from Cafe Wha? and wanted to share some videos only here.
                            Someone just posted this video on YouTube. I think it's the same person who took the Roth Army exclusive videos. As for Vimeo, I gave up watching on vhnd. Maybe my wifi was slow today but it paused every few seconds and the audio and video didn't sync.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                              I feel smarter just watching that....awesome explanation..dude is a mad genius..

Sammy wrote a song about colors too...Red..Red I want Red..Red..Red..Red..Red..Red..Red..Red..buwwhhahha a!!
                              Come on Come on!
                              Gimme Red!Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red.
                              Red!Red! Paint it red, green ain't mean compared to red.
                              You don't know what it does to me,
                              My crimson sin intensity
                              I'm haunted by the mystery,
                              The mystery of red.
                              Red knocks 'em dead,
                              Some like it hot, I like it red.

Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DlocRoth
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I'm your huckleberry...
                                Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

Working...