Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

I love Bullethead. Haven't had a chance to read freaking lyrics yet, so I'm still grasping a little bit at a time. At first I thought it was "bite a bullet" not "bomb the moon". I really don't think the lyrics on this album can be taken at face value. Then again, it could be that I'm just thinking way too much thanks to academia. To me, Bullethead slams Sammy. We'll see if I still feel that way once I get to really sit down and analyze this sucker.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• SunisinuS
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • May 2010

And you might ask yourself, if you hate "Bullethead" where the title of the album came from:
      Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-18-2012, 02:56 AM. Reason: Bullethead
      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• chi-town324
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Feb 2007

heard bullethead on XM BONEYARD channel today....pretty cool! DJ was really talking up the CD and tour

Comment

• Polk High
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

I used to just skip this song, but it isn't bad. now i actually like it, I also didn't like trouble with never at first either
          We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Has anyone noticed at the end of the song it sounds like someone is making a car screeching noise with their mouth? "Rrrrrrtt!" Or is it just my imagination (runnin away with me)?

Almost like Gene and Paul in the background of the "Destroyer" version of "Detroit Rock City".
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
              Has anyone noticed at the end of the song it sounds like someone is making a car screeching noise with their mouth? "Rrrrrrtt!" Or is it just my imagination (runnin away with me)?

Almost like Gene and Paul in the background of the "Destroyer" version of "Detroit Rock City".
              Yeah, that's Dave. The spoken part of this soung sounds like he could have recorded it back in the day - I'm sure he didn't but it sounds like the old Dave. Especially when he drags out the words "I'm a bullethead..."
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• minkahed
                Roadie
                • Jan 2012

Geez, I fuckin' love this tune. Totally kick ass !!!

When I first heard it, lyrically, I too, thought it might be about that fat guy in chickendick ...
                Hot dog and a shake

Comment

• devildawg
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Feb 2006

Bullethead Lyrics Question

Ok, quick question . Anyone else catch Dave's lyrics on Bullethead???

What is he saying??

"Stop driving a Dodge, start driving a Hybrid"
                  OR
                  "Some days you're the dog, Some days you're the hydrant."

Don

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by devildawg

What is he saying??

OR

Don

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

It's "Some days you're the dog, Some days you're the hydrant."

*but your misheard line is pretty funny. Great for an election year
                    Last edited by sadaist; 03-28-2012, 12:58 AM.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

The slow bluesy part of this song.....motherfuck! I swear it sounds like Dave circa 1979. I haven't heard his voice quite like that in a long, long time. So damn cool. One of my favorite spots of the whole album right there.

Well Ima bulletheeeaaaaad......hurt me!
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• tjvhou812
                        Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

some days people piss all over you, and some days you piss on people. i like being the dog
                        Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Carmine
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          The slow bluesy part of this song.....motherfuck! I swear it sounds like Dave circa 1979. I haven't heard his voice quite like that in a long, long time. So damn cool. One of my favorite spots of the whole album right there.

Well Ima bulletheeeaaaaad......hurt me!
                          That's my favorite part of the song...."Well, Ima Bulletheeeaaaaad", followed by Edwards screeching...the first one...fuckin Van Halen

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by devildawg

What is he saying??

OR

Don
                            Now THAT'S funny....

If you listen closely after the line you can hear a dog howl....probably Russell.
                            Originally posted by perilouspete
                            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                              some days people piss all over you, and some days you piss on people. i like being the dog
                              Better to be pissed off....than pissed on.
                              Originally posted by perilouspete
                              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I love that line. I wonder if it's a Dave original or something he picked up somewhere. Reminds me, in meaning, a little of "somedays your'e the windshield, somedays you're the bug" by Dire Straits.

Comment

Working...