Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

This misheard lyric from ADKOT might even be funnier than the dude who thought "Casablanca gin joint" was "Casablanca ding doink" in "She's The Woman."
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

I've got a perpetual mis-heard lyric in the first line of Stay Frosty. I can't sing along to it even with the booklet of Dave's lyrics in front of me. A real tongue twister about arms being too short to box - trouble is, it doesn't sound like English to me, so I never know WHAT he's saying. As for Bullethead, damn is that tune ever fun to sing along to - although I have to give one of my patented Dave screams over the '...piss me off' part so the kids don't hear it. Sure, I could probably turn down the volume, but it's so much more fun to belt out a healthy scream at top volume. Therapeutic, I think.
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Zing!
        I've got a perpetual mis-heard lyric in the first line of Stay Frosty. I can't sing along to it even with the booklet of Dave's lyrics in front of me. A real tongue twister about arms being too short to box - trouble is, it doesn't sound like English to me, so I never know WHAT he's saying. As for Bullethead, damn is that tune ever fun to sing along to - although I have to give one of my patented Dave screams over the '...piss me off' part so the kids don't hear it. Sure, I could probably turn down the volume, but it's so much more fun to belt out a healthy scream at top volume. Therapeutic, I think.
        "Your arms are too short to box with God" is a pretty old saying. I think it was even a musical on (or possibly off) Broadway at one point in the past.

I've given up trying to edit any music. My kids are allowed to say "piss me off"...as long as they're singing it!

But the original 7 dirty words are still banned.....
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
            This misheard lyric from ADKOT might even be funnier than the dude who thought "Casablanca gin joint" was "Casablanca ding doink" in "She's The Woman."
            I remember when you cleared that up for said dude. That was funny. I think I've stuck with singing ding doink to that part of the song ever since.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I have to give one of my patented Dave screams over the '...piss me off' part so the kids don't hear it. Sure, I could probably turn down the volume, but it's so much more fun to belt out a healthy scream at top volume. Therapeutic, I think.
              I usually let out an abrupt cough or a hearty Hank Kingsley "HEY NOWWwwwwww"

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                I remember when you cleared that up for said dude. That was funny. I think I've stuck with singing ding doink to that part of the song ever since.
                I told my kids about it, and to this day they still sing "ding doink" because it makes them giggle....

In fact, we've incorporated it into our everyday language when one of of us does something stupid; as in "way to go, ding doink!"

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

That's a good use for it. Wouldn't work as well in traffic. "Hey! Why don't ya watch where you're going ya ding doink!!"

Comment

• Catfish
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

You make me feel like a bad father. I never steer around curses in songs when Little Catfish is listening. I just pretend it doesn't mean anything and hope he doesn't notice.

Like one of his current favorite songs, 'More Human than Human,' (primarily because it's the song played during the trailer of the upcoming Disney movie "Planes") when the chick is orgasming, I'm waiting for him to ask what that is so I can tell him she's getting ready to sneeze.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wow!

Sexual Maturity Before reproduction, the fish has to become sexually mature, just as with other animals. In a study done by Robert C. Summerfelt and Paul R. Turner, flathead catfish were found to age 10 years before becoming sexually mature enough to reproduce.

How Do Catfish Mate?

Mating conditions
                      Spring is the catfish mating season. The catfish do their best mating in warm water. Eggs hatch in about a week. The best mating conditions occur when the females are six years old, and weigh more than three pounds. An eight pound female has the capacity to lay thousands of eggs. Generally, water temperature and the age of the female fish are the primary determinants for mating successfully.

Common breeding styles
                      The type of insemination that is most common tends to be internal. However, the male catfish may place his sperm in the oral cavity of the female catfish, and she may also allow the sperm to pass into her digestive system.

Nurturing
                      Catfish mate and take care of their young. They do not leave the eggs unattended unless they have hidden the eggs under rocks. Males often carry the eggs in his mouth until they hatch, and even carry the hatchlings in his mouth until they are mature enough to venture out.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        That's a good use for it. Wouldn't work as well in traffic. "Hey! Why don't ya watch where you're going ya ding doink!!"
                        It would if you were my size. And I got them cRazY eYes.
                        Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-29-2012, 09:46 PM. Reason: meanwhile start reaching into your glove compartment as you look at them.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Need a little help.

"I'm a lemon on the lawn baby....

Well I'm a bullethead

come-ah come-ah come-ah come-ah baby

Well I'm a bullethead

Hurt me!"

Can't be right.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Well I'm a lovin' the horn, baby
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                              Well I'm a lovin' the horn, baby

HAHA! Thanks Angel. That makes a ton more sense than being a lemon on the lawn. But with Dave....ya just never know.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

I cheated. Looked it up, it was driving me nuts and work was slow.
                                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...