X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
    Rick Rubin is recording the new Metallica album next month. He is not doing anything with Van Halen.

My source, The Fag, told me this.
    "The Fag"??

LMAO!!!!
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• PT5150
      Full On Cocktard
      • Nov 2006

More from Doherty Elliot....

If I knew today the actual release date I'd say. Fact is I don't know. Those time periods have been discussed -- caveat invoked! You don't get it I guess.

Brett, let me know if you understand P.D. Also, let me reiterate that there may indeed be certain info available to some people and other info avialable to alternative people. Does the info always merge and neatly tie itself up? Nope

There will most likely be two female back-ups and one guy. They won't necessarily all be onstage at the same time but they will be onstage and any pre-recorded augmentation won't factor in. Look for Dave to make light of the back-ups to take any heat off 'em.

How or when will they be incorporated? Easy....think the chorus on Ain't Talkin' About Love will need help? Certainly will and the work up I've heard sounded pretty damn good in comparison to the original. This tour will be about cementing and respecting the past; but with enough leeway to open a door to more. Jamie's Cryin' will also need help. The list goes on.

Previously Shelved --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been ready since December 2000. Many people have heard it and right now it's Ed's 'skeleton' in the closet due to the spine-tinglin' quality of the material. Six plus years have left no moss on the rock but fresh ears are now on it and smiles abound. Ain't no twister melodrama or glossy HDTV valleymovie soundtrack flavors on this stuff.

Current events bode well for a revamp if Ed signs off on the beard's advice.

Two Jumbotron Screens etc. --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preliminary talks have shed some light on the proposed stage set-up and live show production theme to be presented. And, Venom, I patiently await your annointment of my information - God knows I've had a sleepless night as I couldn't Put Out The Lights. Let's just say that Janie ain't got no guns on me.

You betcha' RR's a busy man. Add U2 to that list of ongoing projects!

The serenity of Point Dume coupled with two trips to Taos has brought back DLR to the core of the issue and early feedback suggests SUCCESS!

But I digress...from a conversation Friday we may be lookin' at the following:

DLR center stage with EVH to his right and WVH tucked in behind Edward and a Mammoth drum Riser with the Uncle. To DLR's left will be the already discussed back-up crew. Two Jumbotron Screens will straddle the stage to project the various views on offer least not the headband cam planned for Uncle. Another vantage point discussed calls for an isolated fret cam ala what they used to do with Entwistle before his demise on the last two tours.

Hey what about that merchandising?! You're gonna get a variety of T's and sweats - many featuring the best takes from the Bronson Canyon shoot - which - is now in the Can. Took place near the old Bat Cave.

We gotta great day here on the coast and I'm off to Madrid in the morning - take care folks and happy Sunday. Hasta Luego & keep the faith --

Misleading and Misguided I must concur. All the band members will sit down for both Industry press interviews and shoots as well as filmed interviews. Not to happen or see the light of day until the RRHOF ceremony is done and dusted.

In light of the past 10 years + of ups and downs and turmoil along the trail, look for humor to save the day; both with the press slant and the stage set-up. Tongue-in-cheek wouldn't be such a bad thing and guess who's been elected to spear-head that monster when it's time to ROAR? ....

Call received today with PLEASURE! The wonders of cell phones can bring JOY half the way around the globe. Camp site reported to be 'workin' overtime' on many fronts including already mentioned press & photo ops as well as the ongoing 'evaluation' assistance from Rubin. (Nothing to hide on that anymore - appears to be in the public domain). One curveball today - like a lightning bolt outta sight! Seems as if another shoot is now lined up due to the band accepting the offer to front the cover of an upcoming glossy, almost an industry organ in LA and a fave of PR hounds needing to showcase their talent. The Vanity of this mini-project will push the kid angle as well as getting to the core of the real CVH. Additional shots of Dave are already lined up taken in NYC during Thanksgiving.
      ITS 5150 TIME

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by PT5150
        More from Doherty Elliot....

If I knew today the actual release date I'd say. Fact is I don't know. Those time periods have been discussed -- caveat invoked! You don't get it I guess.

Brett, let me know if you understand P.D. Also, let me reiterate that there may indeed be certain info available to some people and other info avialable to alternative people. Does the info always merge and neatly tie itself up? Nope

There will most likely be two female back-ups and one guy. They won't necessarily all be onstage at the same time but they will be onstage and any pre-recorded augmentation won't factor in. Look for Dave to make light of the back-ups to take any heat off 'em.

How or when will they be incorporated? Easy....think the chorus on Ain't Talkin' About Love will need help? Certainly will and the work up I've heard sounded pretty damn good in comparison to the original. This tour will be about cementing and respecting the past; but with enough leeway to open a door to more. Jamie's Cryin' will also need help. The list goes on.

Previously Shelved --

It's been ready since December 2000. Many people have heard it and right now it's Ed's 'skeleton' in the closet due to the spine-tinglin' quality of the material. Six plus years have left no moss on the rock but fresh ears are now on it and smiles abound. Ain't no twister melodrama or glossy HDTV valleymovie soundtrack flavors on this stuff.

Current events bode well for a revamp if Ed signs off on the beard's advice.

Two Jumbotron Screens etc. --

Preliminary talks have shed some light on the proposed stage set-up and live show production theme to be presented. And, Venom, I patiently await your annointment of my information - God knows I've had a sleepless night as I couldn't Put Out The Lights. Let's just say that Janie ain't got no guns on me.

You betcha' RR's a busy man. Add U2 to that list of ongoing projects!

The serenity of Point Dume coupled with two trips to Taos has brought back DLR to the core of the issue and early feedback suggests SUCCESS!

But I digress...from a conversation Friday we may be lookin' at the following:

DLR center stage with EVH to his right and WVH tucked in behind Edward and a Mammoth drum Riser with the Uncle. To DLR's left will be the already discussed back-up crew. Two Jumbotron Screens will straddle the stage to project the various views on offer least not the headband cam planned for Uncle. Another vantage point discussed calls for an isolated fret cam ala what they used to do with Entwistle before his demise on the last two tours.

Hey what about that merchandising?! You're gonna get a variety of T's and sweats - many featuring the best takes from the Bronson Canyon shoot - which - is now in the Can. Took place near the old Bat Cave.

We gotta great day here on the coast and I'm off to Madrid in the morning - take care folks and happy Sunday. Hasta Luego & keep the faith --

Misleading and Misguided I must concur. All the band members will sit down for both Industry press interviews and shoots as well as filmed interviews. Not to happen or see the light of day until the RRHOF ceremony is done and dusted.

In light of the past 10 years + of ups and downs and turmoil along the trail, look for humor to save the day; both with the press slant and the stage set-up. Tongue-in-cheek wouldn't be such a bad thing and guess who's been elected to spear-head that monster when it's time to ROAR? ....

Call received today with PLEASURE! The wonders of cell phones can bring JOY half the way around the globe. Camp site reported to be 'workin' overtime' on many fronts including already mentioned press & photo ops as well as the ongoing 'evaluation' assistance from Rubin. (Nothing to hide on that anymore - appears to be in the public domain). One curveball today - like a lightning bolt outta sight! Seems as if another shoot is now lined up due to the band accepting the offer to front the cover of an upcoming glossy, almost an industry organ in LA and a fave of PR hounds needing to showcase their talent. The Vanity of this mini-project will push the kid angle as well as getting to the core of the real CVH. Additional shots of Dave are already lined up taken in NYC during Thanksgiving.

...and the hits just keep on comin'!

=V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DLR'sCock
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

hmmmmm.....

if this was true, well.....

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
            hmmmmm.....

if this was true, well.....
            Well, its interesting to say the least.

I'm sure Dave is trying to make this tour the best it can be. And he's always been greatful to the fans, so new music, box set or DVD is just what we need!
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Venom Thrust
              Before anyone asks....this compilation will feature no new material and I'm sticking to my long held position that there is still no new material with David Lee Roth planned at all.

That from Andrew at Melodicrock.com 2 weeks ago.
              That's truely a safe bet since WB/Rhino can't release anything but the back catalog without the band's blessing.

This other alleged "new material" could be released elsewhere. Via the net might be their only hope as I doubt any record companies have much if any interest in VH at this stage.
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                That's truely a safe bet since WB/Rhino can't release anything but the back catalog without the band's blessing.

This other alleged "new material" could be released elsewhere. Via the net might be their only hope as I doubt any record companies have much if any interest in VH at this stage.
                There are always other record companies and some may change their tune regarding VH in light of the Hall induction and if the upcoming tour is successful.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2006

DLR center stage with EVH to his right and WVH tucked in behind Edward and a Mammoth drum Riser with the Uncle. To DLR's left will be the already discussed back-up crew.
                  Eddie to the right of DLR? (assuming that you are talking about Dave's "right" as Dave is facing the crowd) Since when does Eddie set up on that side of the stage?
                  Last edited by PlexiBrown; 02-12-2007, 02:05 PM.
                  And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                    Eddie to the right of DLR? (assuming that you are talking about Dave's "right" as Dave is facing the crowd) Since when does Eddie set up on that side of the stage?
                    I'm assuming he meant Dave's right from the audience viewpoint.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• perticelli
                      Groupie
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                      I'm assuming he meant Dave's right from the audience viewpoint.
                      Ed always sets up on the left side, looking out on the audience.

However, w/ Wolf and background singers, Ed would set up in front of Wolf and be able to be there for him for any reason. maybe if Wolf takes to performing, etc quickly, Ed would go to the left again.
                      I would put b/g singers up on top of mountainous speakers...off the stage. No real need to have them in the way of the show and to limit the guys performances to any side of the stage.
                      Radio without the Rules

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by perticelli
                        No real need to have them in the way of the show and to limit the guys performances to any side of the stage.
                        don't worry about the stage size...this is not 2004...

that stage design was stupid...the rings and only the little VH-triangle for the band to move...
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2006

There will most likely be two female back-ups and one guy.
                          Females??? This isn't Pink Floyd.
                          And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by perticelli
                            Ed always sets up on the left side, looking out on the audience.
                            I meant from OUR viewpoint.

When we watch the band on stage, Ed is to the right of Dave.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• evhwolf
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                              Females??? This isn't Pink Floyd.
                              Knowing Dave they won't be wearing much.

Comment

Working...