X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Venom Thrust
    Full On Cocktard
    • Dec 2006

WOW! New music......Hey guy who is producing that..... New music? I spoke to Janie on Dec.21,06 and she said tour only. You don't suspect she is a liar!!! Please if you would elaborate a little more on that......New music.
    Smilies

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by The Guy
      Bueno Bob, sorry but your request for an audition has been declined, but keep on practicing.
      That's funny!

Thanks for all your hard work, The Guy.

By the way, if Ed ever wants to learn how to play bass, have him give me a call...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• rustoffa
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Here's the first sentence.

Announcement could come as early as next week.
        Here's the following mashup.

Like my first sentence said, the big announcement you all have been waiting for could come as part of the hall of fame response.
        Here's my problem.

I've looked at the first sentence. It said nothing about what we've all been waiting for, or the hall of fame. All it said was "Announcement could come as early as next week."

While I appreciate a flair for the cryptic, the first sentence could basically apply to any number of things.

You see, generalizational compostition is exactly that. Often, an attempt to lend deeper meaning to a prior compositional generalization negates the author's credibility. Next thing you know, folks are like, "Whovever wrote what I just read must fuck rotting dog carcasses."

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Venom Thrust
          WOW! New music......Hey guy who is producing that..... New music? I spoke to Janie on Dec.21,06 and she said tour only. You don't suspect she is a liar!!! Please if you would elaborate a little more on that......New music.
          Alright.

The gloves have come off -- Guy, its your turn.

Venom Thrust has up the ante right there.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
            That's funny!

Thanks for all your hard work, The Guy.

By the way, if Ed ever wants to learn how to play bass, have him give me a call...

Sorry things didn't work out for ya Bob.

Maybe you can hook up with Warrent or Poison?

=V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by TheArchitect
              Hagar will get in. The hall is not this forum. They are not going to ommit someone who was a member for over a decade. The hits are what the hall is concerned with and Hagar sang the tunes with the vast majority of chart success. Thats just the reality of it. Just accept it and go on with life.
              No.

The hall does not just care about hits.

If that's the case, then New Kids on the Block could get inducted.

The Hall also looks at the artist's influence on music and popular culture -- of which Van HALEN started (Dave, Ed, Al and Mike).

Van Hagar didn't have that impact on people.

Van HALEN did.

Big difference.

But you're right that Hagar still may get in -- that doesn't mean I think he should.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• TheArchitect
                Groupie
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                No.

The hall does not just care about hits.

If that's the case, then New Kids on the Block could get inducted.

The Hall also looks at the artist's influence on music and popular culture -- of which Van HALEN started (Dave, Ed, Al and Mike).

Van Hagar didn't have that impact on people.

Van HALEN did.

Big difference.

But you're right that Hagar still may get in -- that doesn't mean I think he should.
                You really think they won't be nominated when they are eligible? Van Hagar had a number chart hits. Roth era had 1. That will be VERY significant to the hall. Chart hits is a very easy measure of influence and impact to a lot of people.

As for Van Hagar having influence, It may not have had influence on you, but it did on a lot of people. They still sold millions of each record with Hagar. Sombody was buying them. The Hall will be taking note of that as well.

Do you really think the Hall differentiates between Roth and Hagar era's? Not a chance. As EVH is so fond of pointing out, its Van Halen and thats exactly how the Hall will look at it. To be blunt I wouldn't be completely surprised if Cherone was in as well.
                Last edited by TheArchitect; 01-05-2007, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• rocket
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Jan 2004

I posted this at the Links a few months ago. Though I think Hagar wil be included, it makes me happy to know he shouldn't........

In 1978 there were 4 guys playing day and night papering cars in parking lots and doing whatever they could to build a fan base. They started with nothing. Those same 4 guys busted their balls, created 6 albums of multi-platinum music with their last effort being their biggest seller, created a party schtick and persona unlike ever before, put So. Cal on the map in a way not done since the Beach Boys, gave new meaning to the words "World Tour", gave new meaning to the word "decadence", created an MTV generation, made fathers nervous, took girls performing back stage antics to new heights, broke boundaries by playing dixieland music into hard rock on the same record, made many, many 15 year olds consider playing guitar, made many many guys grow their hair long and talk in surfer speak, and so on.

These 4 guys (good, bad or ugly) cultivated ALL of this so that a bunch of keyboard jockeys nearing 40 could say..., "It was an awesome time, I remember it and I was there" ... and not ONE of these guys in Van Halen who created those things was named Sammy Hagar.

Now if you want to talk about the 5150 strut, Right Now, and Cabo Wabo that's great. But that is not why VH is being inducted in the the Hall. And I believe that the hall judges know the difference.

Also

1) the first and last Van Halen CDs added together outsold the entire Van Hagar catalog combined. You can look it up.

2) Each Van Hagar CD had declining sales from the 1984 peak.

Halen is the legend and Hagar was just a good band.

Comment

• rustoffa
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TheArchitect
                    Do you really think the Hall differentiates between Roth and Hagar era's?
                    I think "the Hall" does. That being stated, "the Hall" is all about politics and corporate hoopla. Have you been to the hall? It looks like a goddamned ice sculpture/the cover of a Billy Joel album. They should call it The Smithsonian. That's right, the boatload of faggots known as "The Smiths" are in there.

Pathetic.

Parents take their kids in there and shit...the snot-nosed-fuckers' are like, "daddy...what's that checkerboard clown suit thing?"

Fuck the HOF.

People with viable fucking taste don't need some cuntsortium validating the obvious.

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

Announcement could come as early as next week.

The 2007 tour plans are still coming together, Dave is still going to be the singer and there will be something new for your ears in the spring (sorry Eddie007).

Bueno Bob, sorry but your request for an audition has been declined, but keep on practicing.

Like my first sentence said, the big announcement you all have been waiting for could come as part of the hall of fame response. Whether they get in or not, there will still be atleast a statement and maybe more.
                      The time is finally just about upon us.
                      Yeah, and I'm John Holmes and I'm not really dead...
                      Oh yeah, I almost forgot....say hi to Janie for me.
                      http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• VanHalener
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Matt White
                        PIGS IN SPACE!!!

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK....

Still waiting for an announcement.....
                        ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Venom Thrust
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Dec 2006

From Andrew at Melodicrock.
                          Originally Posted by Turbo
                          Thanks for the latest, Andrew. I'm sure you would've posted by now, but just in case...any slight hint from any of Dave's people about his involvement? His recent comments didn't give a clue.

No hint at all. My PERSONAL belief is that it has been all lawyers and managers to this point. No hanging out together. That's just my personal take on this so far....
                          Smilies

Comment

• Venom Thrust
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Dec 2006

And this..from Andrew at melodicrock. He has a source with Azoff.
                            Still working on a few angles behind the scenes, but no new hot gossip or anyting. Just that the band continue to reherse as a 3 piece as I am aware. Getting ready for a Dave fronted tour. Not sure when he will join in rehersals or if ay one on one contact has yet taken place.

I have heard NOTHING about any new Dave fronted material
                            Smilies

Comment

• Venom Thrust
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Dec 2006

Me thinks something stinks in ""The Guy" land. If Andrew's source is correct and I believe it is, as his source is within Azoff mgmt. Dave has not only NOT been recording with VH but has not even been to rehearsal yet. Oh Guyyyyy where are you?????
                              Smilies

Comment

• Halen High
                                Commando
                                • Jul 2004

From the lack of any significant updates regarding Van Halen 2007 appearing on Melodicrock over the last few weeks, it seems to me Andrew's source(s) have dried up a little.

I believe Andrew's source was Azoff, or someone within his organisation, so the lack of info for Andrew could have something to do with the recent rumours of changes to VH management.

And keep in mind 'The Guy' broke the 'Dave is back' and 'Wolfie will replace Mike for a 2007 tour' before Melodicrock or any other media. So he/she seems to have something going on with VH.

I think we will get new material, but at first it will only be a single for radio and perhaps a movie to help promote the tour. An album could follow during or after the tour depending on how things go.

Can't believe that particularly in light of Mike not being involved they would just go out and tour.

Comment

Working...