X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PT5150
    Full On Cocktard
    • Nov 2006

From VAN FAN 5150

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger...

RRHOF
    -Dave, Ed, and Al will be there for sure.

-Looking like Sam will be showing up, with or without Mike.

-Mike is obviously pretty bummed and pissed about the whole Wolfie thing, so he's undecided.

-As it looks right now, there will be NO performance happening by the band themselves... not with Dave, Sam, Gary, David Coverdale... NOBODY. Too early, as I said in an earlier thread. Sorry!

-Rumors about the Red Hot Chili Peppers inducting the band in are floating around, but they don't sound too legit right now. Haven't really heard about any other candidates yet, though I know that Ed would love for Eric Clapton to do it.

And now for what you've really been waiting for...

THE TOUR
    -Hearing that it will be announced at an official press conference with Dave, Ed, and Al sometime around mid to late February, which means Dave will officially be on vocals, and (sigh) Wolfie on bass.

-Looking like it will kick off sometime around early May in the southeast, possibly in or around the area where they kicked off their 2004 trek (Greensboro, NC).

As always... more to come when I hear about it!

SAM on radio-RRHOF.... Mark & Brian show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No talk of anything yet as to what they will play. He did talk to Al since the announcement.

Says don't be afraid of them being jerks at induction. Things will be cool.

He says that he never said anything negative about Wolfie and says that Wolfie "CAN" play. He doesn't like that Mike was fired, but doesn't blame Ed for wanting to play with his son. Admits that he is NOT in the band anymore.

Typical Sammy class, he congratulates REM, Grandmaster Flash and the others who were inducted.

He and Al laughed when they talked.

He does not know even if they will be playing, and that they may not even rehearse if they do. He will see if Azhoff can put something together as far as a bend "meeting" goes.

Congrats to Ed, Al, Dave and Mike before hanging up.

No mention of the VH 2007 tour.

Comment

• keithguitarfan
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Jan 2007

something is going on with the vanhalen website

Looks like the updates are being made to the www.Van-Halen.com website. It will not allow you to go past the intro page and if you type in one of the previously existing links www.van-halen.com/band.html it says page under construction.
      Looks like theguy was right.

Comment

• saint
        Foot Soldier
        • Feb 2004

What a proof, now I know it’s true. The Guy is for real, and to furthermore prove that the Guy is a reliable source, the Bette Middle site is down for reconstruction as well…..
        http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• PT5150
          Full On Cocktard
          • Nov 2006

from VAN FAN 5150

Would everyone please calm the hell down?!? No one specific (including Ed) is to blame for them not performing at the RRHOF. Ed and Al literally just got back together with Dave for chrissakes! They obviously could be ready to play by March if they wanted to, that's not the problem. The problem is that both Sam and Mike MAY be there, and believe it or not, maybe out of respect for them, Dave/Ed/Al may not feel comfortable using this ceremony as their "coming out" gig since it would be in front of the two guys that they fairly recently cut ties with again. Did you ever think of that? Furthermore, do any of you really think that Dave/Ed/Al want to play with Sam and Mike right now in the middle of all of this madness? If they were being inducted a year from now, or even last year for that matter, MAYBE there could be a way for all 5 of them to come together for a historic jam session, but the timing of this thing is just really bad for that to happen right now.

And I never said that Sam wasn't being inducted with the band, but by the way I wrote what I did a few days ago, I can understand how it could of come off that way. Sam knows that the night is going to be all about Dave reuniting with the VH's, so I was focusing on the fact that they're eligable at this moment because their first album (with Dave) came out over 25 years ago, while Sam's first VH album wouldn't be "eligible" for another 5 years.

Clapton is Ed's true hero, as we all know (and arguably Cream is one of the classic VH lineup's favorite bands... remember "I'm So Glad" from the US Festival?), so that was my thought as someone who would be great to induct the band since Clapton, along with Hendrix, were Ed's predecesors in reinventing the guitar.

As for Wolfie, leave the poor kid alone. He's been given a great opportunity to play with one of the world's greatest rock bands... whether he wants to or not.

And for the tour... an early May kickoff is what I've been told, so you can either believe me and my proven sources, or you can believe some of those yahoos on this thread who think they know what they're talking about

All good... I think we're all a little on edge right now since this is basically the second time in three years that we're going through another confusing "reunion" and everyone's emotions and opinions are on overdrive.

And I didn't mean to scare anyone into thinking that Wolfie doesn't want to play with VH, I'm sure the kid is stoked to be doing so, but I'm sure if he didn't want to, Papa Ed would definitely "convince him" to do it.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
            Commando
            • Mar 2006

Dallas Texas DLR was on the bo and jim show and said he has been working with EVH and will be touring this summer as long as EVH can keep his act together.
            The Bo And Jim show? Dave made this big announcement on the Bo and Jim show? Are you sure it wasn't the Beavis and Butthead show?
            And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by PT5150
              from VAN FAN 5150

No one specific (including Ed) is to blame for them not performing at the RRHOF. They obviously could be ready to play by March if they wanted to, that's not the problem. The problem is that both Sam and Mike MAY be there, and believe it or not, maybe out of respect for them, Dave/Ed/Al may not feel comfortable using this ceremony as their "coming out" gig since it would be in front of the two guys that they fairly recently cut ties with again. If they were being inducted a year from now, or even last year for that matter, MAYBE there could be a way for all 5 of them to come together for a historic jam session, but the timing of this thing is just really bad for that to happen right now.

That's the point... it IS happening NOW, in 2007... I really feel it's a shame they (Ed) cannot grow up and see the bigger picture for what it is... They were part of something special, and to not want to honor that for just 1 hour is beyond me. It's hard to argue that Eddie isn't insane and hasn't driven the band into the ground. Just shut up and play, Eddie..
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                Commando
                • Apr 2006

Ya, just fuckin play. If Dave is in the band then there is no reason why they couldn't do a couple of songs at induction. If that means letting Mike play and Sam watch then so be it. Would it really hurt to let Mike play on a couple of tunes?

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2006

If they don't play, it's just another slap in the face to VH fans yet again.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

smells like 1996...
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
                      If they don't play, it's just another slap in the face to VH fans yet again.
                      I don't think so.

The media actually wants VH (with both Dave and Sam) to perform so that they can embarrass themselves and give the press the opportunity to mock the so-called 'drama' that may come from it.

Not performing is a good idea and will not provide the media the opportunity to make fun of it.

Just get up there, accept the induction, say some nice words to the fans and the people who helped them get there and then leave with dignity.

I'd prefer it that way.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• rocket
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Jan 2004

I'd love for the original lineup to do a song or two just for the occasion. Hagar would understand that his catalog is just not old enough to truly be considered and would respectfully stand by. Maybe even have Hagar do a verse of You Really Got Me to get him included.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          Just get up there, accept the induction, say some nice words to the fans and the people who helped them get there and then leave with dignity.

I'd prefer it that way.
                          I come to second that...
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Pud
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Aug 2006

Did The Guy die?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Pud
                              Did The Guy die?
                              Good question.

I'm sure now that you've mentioned him, he'll pop up here soon enough.

=V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• finallyin2007
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by rocket
                                I'd love for the original lineup to do a song or two just for the occasion. Hagar would understand that his catalog is just not old enough to truly be considered and would respectfully stand by. Maybe even have Hagar do a verse of You Really Got Me to get him included.
                                hagar would respectfully stand by? are you on crack!!!!!!!! i believe the hof ceremony will be a very good opportunity for these guys to make peace. i think it will happen. and if the dave and wolfie tour goes well, get ready for the mother of all $$$$$$$$$ tour when they reunite all members including dave and mikey the next time around!!

Comment

Working...