X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Combat Ready
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Yeah...okay...I'll let Dave know that that show he played in Corry fucking Pennsylvania...

in front of about 100 screaming fans...

wasn't as bad as he fucking thought...

This is the shit I'm talking about. I'm glad you have a blind belief that Roth does nothing wrong.

I don't, and won't...ever.

In other words...I'm dosed in reality...

so sue me...
    Ok---so, do you still have the opinion that the tour will suck----Or not? If so---We agree to disagree!

Comment

• Hyman Roth
      Veteran
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Combat Ready
      Ok---so, do you still have the opinion that the tour will suck----Or not? If so---We agree to disagree!
      Dude STFU and let him finish why don't you?
      Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Combat Ready
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Hyman Roth
        Just a friendly debate of opinions here.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Okay...Combat Ready...

Shut the fuck up so I can finish this review.

Your THAT GUY that tells the guy that give YOU A FUCKING FORUM to yap his mouth off about the band that he's a fucking bandwagoner...

Which is utterly fucking ridiculous.

It's that plain and simple.

Your THAT GUY that says Dave can do nothing wrong.

Your THAT GUY that BEFORE all the YouTube bullshit came out said, DAVE CAN DO NOTHING WRONG, but now uses the YouTube bullshit to back up your point.

DO YOU WANT ME TO POINT OUT THE BLUEGRASS AS A CASE IN POINT AT WHY DAVE WASN'T UP TO PAR FOR A TOUR LIKE THIS?

Are you going to say THAT made him ready for VH? Was him doing that the pointed factor that made you say 'a tour with roth never...ever...sucks?'

Did you go and see him in Corry in 1995...when he was as enthusiastic as a stone playing in front of 100 of your neighborhood drunks? Was that tour special?

Vegas?

Diamond Dave?

Like I said...blind faith?

Idiotic.

Period.

I can watch YouTube until I'm blue in the fucking face...and I could have waited until then to voice my opinion...

I could have waited until Roth and Ed and the band practiced for hours every day to voice my opinion...but I didn't.

What I don't have...is blind faith...

what I do have...

is an opinion...

that was rooted in doubt.

Not Blind Faith...

THAT I FUCKING HAD 10 OTHER TIMES IN THE PAST TEN FUCKING YEARS THAT ALL BLEW UP IN EVERYONE'S FACE.

So irregardless of what I think or thought about the tour...

That's the real deal.

So don't stand there...on your high and mighty mountain...and profess that you are the keeper of the wagon...

because you guessed right once...out of about fucking 20 reunion attempts.

And if you try and sell every tour that roth ever did as...what did you say..."never suck"ing...

Then you are naive...period.
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Carmine
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Hyman Roth

IF YA SMEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....

WHAT THE ROTH..............................

IS COOKIN....

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Combat Ready
              It matters not. Dave hasn't been so great over the last few years. Alex has a hard time moving his neck. Eddie has been a drunken bum. And Wolfgang was unproven. So, they pulled a miracle from somewhere. Eddie looks sober, healthy and can play guitar again. Alex seems happy. Wolfgang is doing a respectable job. Dave is singing his ass off maybe because he knew this would be big and rehearsed a lot, or maybe because VH brings out his best. Either way, the way these guys were 12 months ago, a tour seemed like it would have been an embarrassment to the CVH legacy. It feels so good to be proven wrong

ROTH ON!!!
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Part 2: The Meeting with Fairwrning

I've known Fairwrning for hell...6 years now...from the site. He lives relatively close...but haven't ever met. We had talked about golfing here and there, but never gotten around to it.

Mostly, we bust each others fucking balls about Fantasy Football Leagues. Yeah, he crushed me last week. Such is life. He wins the meaningless, regular season games. I win the titles...against him...

Oh, yeah...the review.

I called the bastard from the car five minutes before getting to the hotel, and sure enough, he had just pulled in to the Red Roof, and was waiting in the parking lot. We get out of the car, and three seconds later, after shaking hands, we were physically accosted by a guy selling fake VH shirts in the Red Roof Inn parking lot. He was selling them for $20, and they were going for $35 and $40 at the arena. So, here's what you need to picture, to understand. You know the regular concert shirts...they are cheap, thin, and not worth the money...but they are legit...and aren't all fucked up. These $20 shirts were. "They are the real prints," the dude mumbled to us...but they weren't. The front was reasonable close to the classic VH logo...but the back was nowhere near the real shirt. If the tour shirts suck for $40, these shirts were far worse. Let me put it this way...

If you wiped your ass with the shirt, you would have had tearing. Do yourself a fucking favor...buy the real thing.

So, after talking with wrning a bit...we dropped off our shit, and headed for Big Dogs. This is not before deciding to take Wrning's Mustang...one car. Now...I have owned a '65 mustang during my early days as a driver...and the only time I had been in the backseat of ANY mustang was to meet and greet with high school girlfriends. I seem to recall the 60's versions of Mustangs to have a bit more room than the 2000's versions.

Yeah...I've gained some weight since MY Mustang. But jesus h. christ. Mustangs weren't built to SIT in the backseat, which is what I did. Wrning wasn't kidding when he says he thought we might need the fucking Jaws of Life to get me out of the back...

I don't care if you fucking weigh 120 pounds, don't SIT in the back seat of a mustang.

Fuck in one, by all means...

Just don't sit...

That being said...we were off to Big Dog's...or whatever the fuck it was called...

I'm still trying to figure out if we were talking about Dogs or Puppies or some other kind of sexual connotation...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Yeah..we really should make a point to play somewhere..its an easy drive..just watch out for the fuckin deer at night..I passed 4 right on the side of the road coming back last night..if any of em had decided to jump..I woulda been sitting on the side of the highway at 2 am..
                  And the T-shirt guy nailed some other guys in the hotel lot for shirts..dumbasses..I wonder how much cash that guy rakes in each show

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Part 3: Big Dogs

We pulled into Big Dogs, and there was a sizeable Armada of Army contingent already there. By the time we we settled in, here was the complete roll call...with some thoughts about each.

Hyman Roth--Really the hunter/gatherer of this here Roth Army Reunion. You couldn't meet a more cordial person in all the world. This guy is a Van Halen fan...and to put it plainly, is just an outstanding individual. The man could work a freakin' room, and he did just that...welcoming everyone...and holding about 20 different conversations at once. Yo Hyman, WTF happened to Charlene Tilton and Nancy...did they show up?

Plexi-Brown--Here's the guy that just tells it like it is...no doubt about it. I believe last night's show made the 78th VH show he's been to, and he's got a few more planned down the road. It was a pleasure throwing down some beers with Plexi-Brown...and I gotta tell you...his take on a few of you cracked me the fuck up...of course...he was right...but that's beside the point. Oh, and PB...just so you know...as far as Alias' go...WARF isn't everyone...just most everyone...

damngoodtimes--DGT is a DDLR member...but ventures over here on occasion. He's from my hometown...and we spent the afternoon throwing down about Ohio Sports...like we do in the forums. Yeah, we talked some VH...DGT had gone to the Charlotte show...so I had to shut him the fuck up about it so he wouldn't fuck with my clear head. Good guy...hoping to see him venture to the Army a bit more.

Vain--This guy was fucking everywhere. I swear to Christ, after we went to the show, this guy was at every beer stand I happened to be at. East Side...West Side...North Side...South Side...EVERYWHERE! He was there with his girl...and knows his VH shit...I'm half expecting this motherfucker to show up on my back deck...

Fairwrning--douchebag

Va Beach--asshole

Vince--rolled out the IPhone, and showed me YouTube from Ed's solo from the night before. It was the only YouTube that I saw...but shit...I wanted to see the IPhone first. Made me want to switch to AT&T...for a second.

Biteyoass--Also there with his girl...and also extremely knowledgable about VH...he rolled out early after throwing down a few...to check out the lot, and the early crowd.

Ellylions--It was an absolute pleasure to meet her and her hubby. She was in the same boat as me...for the most part. She hadn't looked up any of the shit beforehand for the same reasons that I did. And for those that were wondering, yeah...she's hot. And Elly...I'm saying that in the most of plutonic ways...it's just a fact. No disrespect to your man in the least. I'm just here to deliver the facts.

Yo...if I forgot anyone...blame the booze.

So...we all shot the shat about a whole bunch of shit...from VH...to where everyone was from (from Florida to Illinois to Virginia to NC to SC to Georgia to Chicago)...

No shit...

Va Beach had posted some articles about VH from a local mag called Yes, and the writer showed up after talking to Hyman. He was throwing around tickets like candy, and did a piece on the Army for his post-game.

It all started dissipated around 6:00. Apparently Ziggy Marley's brother was something to see...

not for me though...

We hung back until we were last out...then headed to the show...not to go in just yet...

there was parking lot to attend too.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                      Veteran
                      • Nov 2006

LMAO - thanks for the kind words but the pleasure was all mine. Yeah you guys missed it - I took Charlene and Nancy back to my pad and played them that Doobie Brothers song "Long Train Runnin'".

I'm still working on that project you asked me to complete - I can probably have it to you by the end of the evening.

Great thread, Pojo - I hope you decide to post more often.
                      Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Um...yeah..I would have to agree with the statement that Elly is an extremely attractive lady indeed..and great personality to match from what I saw.
                        Charlene and Nancy werent to far behind either..

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Part 4: Red Rocker Rev-a-WHATTHEFUCK?

I would like this time to address a couple of things, starting with the Red Rocker Revolution. Now, I'm not really sure what the fuck it's all about, but apparently, somewhere, there is a faction called the Red Rocker Revolution that are going to protest, or some stupid fucking business.

So...here it goes. Dear Red Rocker Revolution. I would like to invite you to the Roth Army. Please feel free to come on over here, and protest away. We would absofuckinglutely LOVE it if you would visit and share your fucking gay ass views.

Red Rocker Revofuckinglution.

Congratulations 3R, you are officially the gayest fucking sort I ever did see.

Well...didn't see...because they sure the fuck didn't show up to any shows, or they have gotten the shit kicked out of them.

I do want to share one other quick story right after I found out about the RRR. Vain was a ***** at the Charlotte Show. He got to go to the soundcheck, where someone tried to run them out. Edward Van Halen spoke up, as he was interacting with them, and said, "Aren't they supposed to be here?" Another good sign...Ed's actually ACKNOWLEDGING THE FANS. Is he waking out of the haze?

Comment

• moose
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Red rocker revo.................fuckin funny.............!!!

Comment

• wiseguy
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2004

Wow...you don't think too highly of yourself do you...this is nail biting stuff really.
                              Stay frosty now.
                              Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

LMFAO !!!
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...