X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Part 8C: The WAWAZAT MOTHERFUCKING SHOW

You know something...the solo hasn't come yet...ignore that...it came after this tune...

anyways...

They bust into Pretty Woman...and Dave was still hitting the high notes...and at this point...he and wolfie are grooving through it...

No, it wasn't like Mike...but it wasn't bad...

Ignore the shit about Wolfie not playing as well as Mike. No, he doesn't play the same...but I think he's as good...and like I said...that fucker NEVER LOOKS AT HIS BASS...EVER...

I don't like Pretty Woman...but here's what struck me...

It sounded IDENTICAL to the disc...fuck me...identical...24 years ago...and a 16 year old bass player...

fucking A...

Setlist guy was really studying...and I was pissed...

Now...the drum solo...

It was alright...I did notice some folks leaving...5150 guy with big tit girlfriend left again...and Va could tell how worked the fuck up I was...

lmfao...

Guys with his fucking cellphone...

I'm about to drill him in the head...

but he was gone...

So I said to his girl...during the drum solo...at the top of my lungs..."DOESN'T HE KNOW THE SONGS!!!!" And she says, "NO, HE'S ONLY BEEN TO A SAMMY SHOW WITH ME!!!!" And I said...big tits be damned...

"SAMMY IS A FAGGOT!"

And she says, "OH, YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE!"

And I say, "WHAT, A MAN?!?"

She gives me that snooty, Sammy FAGAR I'm better than you look...

and turns to watch the solo. I'll bet she didn't fucking know Alex' name...

So douchebag comes back...grabs out the fucking set list,

Va turns right around...and grabs the fucking thing right out of his hands...crumples it up...looks him in the eye, and yells...GREAT SHOW...AND FUCKING THROWS IT ABOUT TEN ROWS DOWN...

We both laughed...and that was that...5150 dude...and big tit whore ignored us the rest of the way...and are now just part of the story...

fucking assholes...

Post Drum Solo...and the fun really starts...

Now look...I was fucking beat to the ground...it was pretty much an hour of in your face...Van Halen...for the first time in 22 years...

So what do they open up part 2 with?

Something to slow it down????

HOW ABOUT FUCKING UNCHAINED...and out comes set of chains that Dave carries around the whole time. Now...I heard Ed play this during the Cherone show...

and this was NOTHING LIKE IT...

Wolfie was supposed to say, "C'mon Dave...give me a break..."

but he said...well...I don't know what the fuck he said...but it wasn't "C'mon Dave...give me a break..."

He sure as hell fucked it up...as Dave looked over...didn't really know what to do...then looked at Ed...and pointed...and laughed...

I wonder what he would have done if Mike had done that...probably not good...

Then the keyboards came rolling out...and time for I'll Wait...

Now...most people didn't want this song...but I fucking love it...the solo is one of the best in song solos of all time...

This was the FIRST time that Dave went on the ramp into the crowd, and Eddie went out over to Wolfie...Dave was really interacting...and acknowledging the crowd...shaking hands...

Then...during the solo...for the first time...I noticed that Ed had a black and white striped homage to frankie...I'm guessing was a Charvel...it was good seeing Ed using the stripes again...

He'd been using the sunburst Wolfgang up to that point.

Man...Ed was really shredding...

Dave worked his way back to the stage at the end of the tune...and yelled...

"Are you HAVING FUN GREENSBORO!!!"

And there it was...you know how the fucking energy lulls at most concerts...not here...the crowd went fucking nuts...

FUCKING CRAZY...

And again...bam...into And the Cradle Will Rock...

And Eddie brings out another Charvel...Yellow and Black...of course...

I Love this song...and Eddie was shredding it...there's no real other way to describe it...I watched him the entire time...and you can tell that he was putting some fucking work into it...really getting into it...Dave was next to him...looking amazed...it was phenomenal...

The Dave hits the "Have you seen Jr.'s grades..."

cept he says..."have you seen Wolfie's grades..."

Now...you know they've done that before...but fucking Ed and Dave were laughing like fucking little school girls...it was hilarious...

This is when Eddie flew across the stage at Wolfie...and slid on his knees halfway across the floor...ending up right at Wolfie...

It was incredible...

Right out of that...they blow into Hot for Teacher...which is one of my favorite tunes...

Dave is joking around during the beginning speaking parts...then walks over to Ed again...and they are just fucking tearing this song up...

But here's what struck me about this song...Wolfgang...

Wolfgang was nailing the high parts. This is one of those subtle songs...where Mike was hitting it so high...you really don't hear it. So I was really fucking curious...

I'm sure the reviews won't hit this...because they won't be paying attention...

but during the chorus...during that HIGH REGISTER spot...Wolfie was fucking nailing it...not close...but nailing it...it was unfucking believable...now...

Ed couldn't go down the ramp...during the solo...like on his table solo in the video...so Dave did...

That's when I fucking noticed it...

Fabio...remember fabio from the fucking Ramp...there he fucking is...about three feet in front of wrning...right on the fucking ramp...with his hand up...Dave walked by him...

fucking FABIO...you had to fucking see this fucker...

If I were Dave...I would have kicked him in the fucking skull.

So I look back up...still hot for teacher...and now Wolfie's singing the chorus by himself...

AND SOUNDED FUCKING GREAT...

and there was no background piped in...

Again...the POJO Review is the only one that caught that...

fuckers...

And of course...those fucksticks from three rows up...are now fucking doing the 3-lock-box VH sign...which pissed me off...because it was in direct line of our site...

Va and I both started yelling "MORONS...THIS ISN'T BETTE MIDLER..."

The whole back row started rolling with us...

Of course...they had no idea...

Litte Dreamer started...and Dave was back at the top of the S...above Al...

He stayed there the entire time...and this was pretty standard fare...and was the one time I felt like I could take a break. Wolfie had switched to a blue and white Frankie bass...

Then came the song I was waiting to hear for some odd reason...Little Guitars...

and Ed had a Red and White Charvel that looked like Frankie...or so I thought...more on that later...

Wolfie had changed to an orange and black, smaller bass...painted like Frankie...

Again...Wolfie was really showcasing the high register here...but so was Dave...

So...I'm turn my attention to the big screen, and the Ed-cam...and I noticed a lot of fucking nicks on the "Charvel." So...I climb all over Va to get a better look...and folks...that was no Charvel...

IT WAS FRANK!!!!!

Now...I don't know if it was Frank...because the rumors are that it was all fucked to hell...from Ed trying to fuck with it...or another one of his Frankenstrats...

Either way...it was old school...

DID ANYONE ELSE SEE FRANK???????

Holy fuck...I still can't believe it...I remember thinking...Dave...Ed...Frankie...

the history...

fuck...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
      Pojo,

I'm gonna drive up Raleigh and murder you, if I don't find out what happens to the 5150 setlist toolbag tonight! lol
      shit, man, then none of us get to hear!!! (oh, never mind...keep it up, poj)
      Last edited by damngoodtimes; 10-01-2007, 09:30 PM.
      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Fabio..the guy with the wig on?..I do remember that guy...he and about 30 others worked their way down to the floor..and were quickly removed..but I think Fabio actually had a ticket and I recall him sitting 1 row back and on the other side of the aisle from me..I lost track after a few songs..
        Poj..Dave was on the ramp for 'RWTD"..5-10 feet away from me there big guy
        And..Christ..I didnt realize you and VA were so damn violent

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Don't worry...we're almost there...

and wrning...I don't know how the fuck I missed him on stage...

It had to have been when Eddie and Wolfie were singing...I was probably focused so much on that...that I missed Dave on the stage...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

HOW ABOUT FUCKING UNCHAINED...and out comes set of chains that Dave carries around the whole time. Now...I heard Ed play this during the Cherone show...

and this was NOTHING LIKE IT...

Wolfie was supposed to say, "C'mon Dave...give me a break..."

but he said...well...I don't know what the fuck he said...but it wasn't "C'mon Dave...give me a break..."

He sure as hell fucked it up...as Dave looked over...didn't really know what to do...then looked at Ed...and pointed...and laughed...

Holy fuck...I still can't believe it...I remember thinking...Dave...Ed...Frankie...

the history...

fuck...
            I just listened to the boot, and Wolfie does a total Butthead on it, he's like "Uh, Dave? Could you like, uh, give that person you're talking to...whoever that is...a break, or something?" Sounded totally funny, but I can see where it may have come off awkward live...

Oh, and POJO, I'm near certain those are the Frankie replicas, I hear he's not touring with the real one...

Awesome review thus far!
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Actually Poj, after watching those videos, I now realize that we really had to endure a lot of our sound through the PA...

Some of those videos had great sound....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

yeah, VA, I was on the floor a few rows in front of the soundboards and the sound was MUCH better than when I was over on Eddie's side in Charlotte
                David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Part 8D: The BOP BOZDEBOZDE BOP WAWAZAT MOTHERFUCKING SHOW

So...now they bust into Jamie's Crying...

and Ed and Dave were rolling again...on Ed's side...

again...another high register, mike specialty...and Wolfie nailed it...He fucking nailed it...

And there they are again...the fucking Sammy fans...with the fucking faggot fucking Stupid-Ass Sammy Sign...I swear to christ...

and wrning...I'm relatively calm most of the time...but that shit really pisses me off...

So now...another break...for just a second...and the lights go off...and Va Beach and I both look at each other and say...

Ice Cream Man...

Dave comes out and asks if we want to hear a little story...and of course...a resounding yes...

Here's the story...

Well...a few years ago...I moved back to that little city called New York...so I could finish college. Back when we were in the band, we didn't have time for college. Anyways, I lived in this little apartment apartment...and I realized that everyone there wasn't from there, but from backyards just like this...

Well...it made me think about the old times, when we played in those backyards, and there was this one place, in Pasadena, and my friend Joe had this Ice Cream Truck...and when we'd play, we'd take all that Ice Cream out of Joe's Truck, and we'd fill that truck up with beer (crowd went nuts). That was back when pot still had seeds in it. Well, we'd get out a Pink Floyd Album, then roll up the reefer on the Pink Floyd Album. We never listened to the album, mind you, but we just used it to roll the pot, with all those seeds falling off. We'd shoot some darts...and we'd be so fucked up, we'd miss. And we would chip the paint off the board, and the wall, and all those little wholes would look like stars...and we'd look at those stars like we were in the S.S. Enterprise (hugh laughter)...Stardate Thursday 1972...

There was A LOT more than that...but that's the gist of it...

"Do any of you want some Ice Cream?"

Then Dave starts rolling out Ice Cream Man...

And I have to tell you...the fucking boys were really rolling with this one...Dave was up and down the fucking ramp...and Wolfie was rolling through it as well. Eddie ran over, and was singing with Dave...then Dave ran over to Ed's side, and they were singing together...

At some point...Va gets my attention, and Ed's playing his guitar with a drumstick...it was no doubt...the most rocking rendition of Ice Cream man I've ever fucking seen...outstanding...one of my favorites of the show...

Then right into fucking Panama...and it's bedlam fucking again. This may be the song that Wolfie really fucking comes out on...and he really fucking did. First...Eddie and Wolfie are following around Dave...fucking imitatint him...It was funny as hell. Dave throws on a Cowboy hat...

So during all this haberdashery, Dave gives his hat to Eddie, who looks absofuckinglutely ridiculous with it on. Dave yells out..."Who are these Guys" in the middle of the song...

Now Ed...runs over, and gives the hat to Wolfie...who can't quite get the fucking thing on right. So Wolfie rips off the hat...and walks over to Ed...and Sings the first chorus with Pops...and on his way back...stops...and walks up to Dave, to sing with Dave...Ed sees this, and Ed walks over...and the three are fucking sitting there, singing together...

It was fucking magic I tell you...Wolfie walks back over to grab the hat...he puts it back on, and is posing for the crowd, before taking it off again. In the meantime, Ed and Dave are over on Ed's side again...fucking around...talking to each other...playing off of each other.

THE ONLY thing that pisses me off about Panama...THE ONLY THING...is the Sammy fans...

the Panama-a-a-a-a-a...

So...we all fucking know...Dave doesn't do that on the first go around...

he does it on the second...

SHITHEAD SAM did it all the time...because he's fucking gay...

and about a third of the crowd did as well.

Dave didn't...we didn't...

but that fucking dickhead in front and his bigboobed bitch did...those two tools...I couldn't see them three rows up...but they did. I'm sure Mike...probably in Spambos guest house...did it...

I fucking hate that shit...

but fuck was that song on...dead straight on...

So...after the song...Dave has the crowd going fucking nuts...and he says...

"Phew...we haven't stopped since we started..."

I 100% agreed...

So...the lights go down, wolfie had left the stage...and Dave and Ed are hugging, laughing and talking...then Dave ran off the stage...

Ed Solo time...

Now...I don't get the folks that say this solo is boring. It's fucking Edward Van Halen...and he could play the sound of a fart for ten minutes...

The solo started at 10:44...

Ed opened the solo with the riff from Women in Love...then 316...still love it...then part of Erupstion with Wolfie and Al...Then Eddie fucking on the ground in front of his stacks...jabbing the floor with the neckof his guitar...

Holy fuck...he was tearing it the fuck off...he was doing the old solo...with 100% energy...it was fucking incredible...

Then a long version of cathedral...then Eruption...

It ended at 10:56...and 11 minute solo...and the show was officially over two hours.

Okay...

So...after the solo...we have Ain't Talkin' Bout Love...and the crowd...still in a frenzy...Ed...still in a frenzy...Dave...still in a frenzy...Al...still in a frenzy...5150 tool and bigboobed girlfriend...pissed off...but frenzied...even though they suck...

And the HEY HEY HEY's...motherfuck...20000 people...hammering it every time...like the show just started...

After the song...Ed high fived Wolfie...then Dave...Alex came off the riser...and came right over to Dave...and hugged him.

They bowed...and off...nope...not off the fucking stage...

the lights went out...and 1984 came on...There's Dave on the stage again...waiving the red flag...full circle...

then the true let down...

the Encore...and 198fucking4...Dave started on the top...but out came the fucking microphone...the big fucking microphone...on the ramp in the crowd...Dave comes down...and heads on out there...and of course...rides the mic back in...

He ends the show laying it down on the stage in the middle...the band comes out...bows again...and game...fucking math...

Show is over...

and so is the review...for now...

conclusions...

TOMORROW...

And check the main page...Hyman's review is up next...

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                    Veteran
                    • Nov 2006

Part 8C: The WAWAZAT MOTHERFUCKING SHOW

Va turns right around...and grabs the fucking thing right out of his hands...crumples it up...looks him in the eye, and yells...GREAT SHOW...AND FUCKING THROWS IT ABOUT TEN ROWS DOWN...

...laughed...

fucking assholes...

...Wolfie had changed to an orange and black, smaller bass...painted like Frankie

...fuck...
                    LMMAO @ VA - I would have had his back! And I don't know if it was Frankie or not, but that "orange" bass looked like a mid-seventies Fender Jazz pretty much stock (I couldn't see the pic ups...).
                    Trollidillo-T

Comment

• TVGUY
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Feb 2007

Spot on review thus far.
                      Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Risin...you son of a whore.....

I knew it...I fucking knew it....

The Roth Army Caesar.......

He tears it all down......

And then fucking has em on the edge of their seats whilst he builds it back up.....

You son of a whore.......

God Bless ya, bro.......

Somebody had to do it.

Rock on.
                        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• MAX
                          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Part 8D: The BOP BOZDEBOZDE BOP WAWAZAT MOTHERFUCKING SHOW
                          Nice reviews Poj and I'm glad you decided to go.

I'm also stoked that you (in only the way you can) went after the fucksticks holding up the Haganthony Vag hand sign!!!
                          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• jharp84
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Thanks very much! Brought me back to early 1980'S! What would REALLY KICK ASS is a CONCERT FOR THE DLR ARMY!! I know the logistics never work! But I will take a live dvd box set! NEW/OLD! SEEIN EM IN CHI-TOWN!! Too bad Eddie didn't jam "i'm so glad" style on "get me a doctor"!

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

Great job Pojo. You nailed it plus very entertaining.
                              And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Oh...Plex...

I'm not even close to being done yet...

TWO Major things still yet to happen...involving douchebag 5150 guy...

and Va's fucking shirt...lmfao...

Then of course...

I gotta give the best song...best moment...shit like that...

One more day...

lmfao...the week-long review continues...

christ...I may not finish until you see them again in Jersey and NYC...

Comment

Working...