X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Part 7: Pre-Game Showand there was Va...next to me...yawning in anticipation. You yawning bastard. I don't know if he saw someone yawning...or what the fuck...but the next thing I know...half the rows around me are yawning...surreal...because I was lit with anticipation, as they unveiled the setup.
    ROFLMFAO !!!!

I knew it !!! I knew you were writing that shit down....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chi-town324
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2007

your on a roll Pojo...stop so i can go make some popcorn

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Don't worry...I'll finish this...lmfao...

but Va...I'm on like page three of my notes...I have like forty more pages to get through...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

This is a cool thread! I so wish I'd been there.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
            • Jan 2004

but Va...I'm on like page three of my notes...I have like forty more pages to get through...
            Notes are useful... especially when one may have had a little too much to drink...:p

G'night and happy writing!
            sigpic

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Hey guys,

Great to meet you all... I'm listening to the show now... great times!
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Part 8: THE SHOW

The lights are down...there's a fucking half-assed curtain that's covering about 25% of the stage...VH is about to come on...

and someone holds up their fucking cell phone, and I see, two rows in front of me, these two douchebags with 5150 shirts. You have got to be kidding me. Of course, according to those 'in the know,' those fans are the REAL VH Fans! Yeah...I just threw up a bit in my mouth too...

Then...and this is within about two seconds...I start thinking...hmmmm...no Eddie Chant...that's a first...

Then...like two seconds later...there's the Eddie chant...

and two seconds after that...

The guitar screech...and there's Eddie...looking fucking awesome...

The crowd went absolutely fucking balistic (sidebar...the place was packed more full than I had ever seen it, and I saw Kiss/Aerosmith there) As the Curtain goes up, and the lights come up...there's Roth...standing at the top of the S with the Red Flag...waving it back and forth...

as Eddie shreds into "You Really Got Me," there's an immediate energy...it's immediate.

Va actually turned around and said he couldn't hear Dave because of the crowd...

the place was fucking frenzied...and Dave came down, and immediately went over and started playing off of Ed...back and forth...

I made a point to look over at Wolfie...and he was doing his thing. I immediately thought...he doesn't fit...but did notice that he could play...

I also noted that Wolfie was playing a base painted like Frank...

So...Ed Solos in You Really Got Me...and this douchebag with the 5150 shirt immediately does the Samass 5150 halen sign with his hands. I tried to spit on him...not sure if I made it though in the dark...

Ed and Dave spent the whole song, for the most part, throwing the smiles back and forth...and truth be told...I couldn't tell how true it was...yet...

I did notice that Eddie was back. You could tell...there was some fire there...

He then went right INTO 'I'm the One," just after patting Dave on the back...

So...at the part in I'm the One where Dave rolls with, "Honey, I'm the One...the one you love...c'mon baby show your love...HAAAAAIIIIIII..."

He flat fucking nails that scream...flat out fucking drops it down like it's 1975. And that's when I realized that I'd never heard Dave THAT good...the register wasn't lower by any stretch. He was hitting notes he hasn't hit in 15 years....

So just as I'm getting goosebumps...

the music stops...flat fucking stops...

David Walked over to Eddie...gets side-by-side...and they both bow together...I glance at Wolfie...who bowed late...it was kinda funny. Anyways...Dave and Eddie bowed...then hugged...which was planned...and the place went fucking nuts...and got louder...and louder...and louder...

Dave had Cheese smile on his face...and Eddie was smiling...then it happened...and it was legit...Dave's face cracked...just for a second...but it cracked. I can't explain it...you have to know the cheese face to get it...and he was tearing up...Eddie had to put his hands up to his face...

What a fucking moment...

Then they shredded into the rest of the song...

and as it ended...Wolfie hauled up the S to the top, and stood up top and started hammering out 'Running With the Devil...'

Dave rolled out the Red Mat Hatter hat as Wolfie rolled down to his mic, where his Dad met him, and they were singing on the same mic...

Ed rolled back over to his side, and started singing with Dave right up to the solo...when Dave growled..."Sing it Eddie..." Then Dave put the red hat on Eddie...and it went completely over his eyes...hilarious...and Ed kept it on...and looked utterly ridiculous...

The song ended...and for the first time..., they stopped...I was out of breath...so was the crowd...

more in my next post...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2006

So...Ed Solos in You Really Got Me...and this douchebag with the 5150 shirt immediately does the Samass 5150 halen sign with his hands. I tried to spit on him...not sure if I made it though in the dark...
                  Man....you just made me spit iced tea all over my monitor!
                  And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Damn,This Thread Is Great.
                    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                      Man....you just made me spit iced tea all over my monitor!
                      Look...Plexi...

I would have leapt over the big-tittied girl in front of me...onto the 5150 fucks...I even had the springboard off the 34DDDD planned...then realized I'd rather rub them then jump on them...then realized I'd miss the show if I did either...

such is life...

Not done talking about the titties...

or the 5150 dudes...

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

When I was walking toward the arena there were these two guys outside of their car listening to Van Hagar. I will bet that these are the same guys that you are talking about.
                        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Guys...the rest of the review will have to get put up tomorrow...

there's a lot to it...

and I'm fucking beat...

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                            Veteran
                            • Nov 2006

You know - about the hug being "planned" - I'm not sure I agree with
                            that. It seemed spontanious and genuine to me. And if my memory
                            serves correctly, they did not hug in Charlotte.

You're doing a great job describing the audience "frenzy", Pojo. Its
                            hard to put it to words but I have never seen anything like it at any
                            concert I have attended (and I've seen a few). I'm sure I am not the
                            only one talking like Peter Brady when his voice changed today! I
                            yelled my fucking head off the entire night. But when they went in for
                            that hug - the audience just went bonkers. It must have been louder
                            than anything coming from the stage that night.

Last edited by Hyman Roth; 10-01-2007, 01:00 AM.
                            Trollidillo-T

Comment

• light 'em up!
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Hyman Roth
                              You're doing a great job describing the audience "frenzy", Pojo. Its
                              hard to put it to words but I have never seen anything like it at any
                              concert I have attended (and I've seen a few).
                              It was beyond amazing! I can't stop thinking about it. And this is only the beginning! This tour is only 2 dates old!

Comment

• light 'em up!
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Mar 2004

Part 8: THE SHOW

...then it happened...and it was legit...Dave's face cracked...just for a second...but it cracked. I can't explain it...you have to know the cheese face to get it...and he was tearing up...Eddie had to put his hands up to his face...
                                Everyone saw it on the video screen. It was emotion on the grandest of scales. Very powerful!

Comment

Working...