Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Yet the fans keep coming back for more.Slash is pretty much a glorified session player now,but hey thats just my humble opinion,for god sake the guy gigged at cabo wabo
    Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 09-01-2010, 02:26 PM.
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
      for god sake the guy gigged at cabo wabo
      So did Alice Cooper. He even released a live album from that gig. With Rob Zombie.

Just because Spambo used to run the place, it doesn't mean it sucks. Everybody has SOME talent. His is obviously selling tequila. I'd go there.

As for the "fans" that keep coming back for more, well... Amy Winehouse always had a full house. Whenever she managed, by miracle or joke, to actually sing through a whole concert, people were disappointed. A couple even stated that they bought the ticket just to see a train wreck & felt cheated.

People are weird. I wanna either be an animal or a superior being. Or maybe that's a redundant choice...

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Didn't Slash's solo disc hit number one on I Tune's ?? Why yes it did. Not that piece of shit Axhole put out. I listened to some of it, what a mess !! VR had some great moments and toured the world twice !!! People do keep coming back, to see Slash !! 5 disc's too Axlholes 1 since he left Gun's in 96. I'll take the musician over the I still think it's the 80's has been !! When's the Guns American world tour if things are so great for them ?? I watched some You Tube clips of them. Not impressed.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Sad reality of the Axhole Pose show is that the same mentality of his ticket buyers is the same as the ones that bought tickets for the Van Hagar "Fleece the Sheep" fiasco of 2004.

Those people don't care who's in the band, they just wanna hear the songs...

SHEEP...
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Axhole being a crybaby..one more time!

Report: GUNS N' ROSES Walks Off Stage In Dublin; Video Available - Sep. 1, 2010
            According to Entertainment.ie, GUNS N' ROSES left the stage for more than 30 minutes during tonight's (Wednesday, September 1) concert at the O2 in Dublin, Ireland after a bottle was thrown up on stage following a warning from singer Axl Rose.

The band's show reportedly started at 10:25 p.m. — well over an hour after the support act, DANKO JONES, had finished playing. Some angry fans booed and threw a few beer/water bottles on stage in protest at the delay.

GUNS N' ROSES kicked off the performance with "Welcome To The Jungle" at which point another bottle was thrown up on stage, causing Rose to declare, "Alright, here's the deal. One more bottle, we go home. It's up to you. We would like to stay. You want us to stay? We wanna stay. We wanna have some fun. If you don't wanna have fun, all you gotta do is let us know and we've got no probllem. We'll go on our way." According to the report, "The gig continued for another three songs and as Rose was introducing the band, another missile was thrown at the band. At this, Rose took the band, bid his goodnight and stormed off the stage at about 10:50 p.m."

More here...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxLUUQdqA0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxLUUQdqA0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Why do people keep giving this guy their money?
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I guess that's his last gig in Ireland...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Last gig anywhere....... I hope.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

He should get a fucking job he likes.

If you want to be a singer in a rock band especially one that leaves people standing about for hours out of sheer ego then it's ludicrous to complain like a little girl about the odd plastic bottle being thrown in your general direction.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

LISTEN TO THE STAGE MANAGER AND GET ONSTAGE WHEN THEY TELL YOU TO. NO ONE HAS THE TIME FOR YOUR ROCK STAR BULLSHIT. NONE OF THE TECHS BACKSTAGE CARE IF YOU'RE DAVID BOWIE OR THE MILKMAN.

WHEN YOU ACT LIKE A JERK, THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNIMPRESSED WITH THE INFANTILE DISPLAY THAT YOU MIGHT THINK COMES WITH YOUR DUBIOUS STATUS.

THEY WERE THERE HOURS BEFORE YOU BUILDING THE STAGE, AND THEY WILL BE THERE HOURS AFTER YOU LEAVE TEARING IT DOWN.

THEY SHOULD GET YOUR SALARY, AND YOU SHOULD GET THEIRS.

SIGNED,
                      HENRY ROLLINS

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

So true...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Axhole Rose does it again! This time in Dublin.

Axl Rose tries Dublin's patience, sends crowd home

By SHAWN POGATCHNIK, Associated Press Writer Shawn Pogatchnik, Associated Press Writer – Thu Sep 2, 1:14 pm ET

DUBLIN – Axl Rose, it seems, needs a little more patience — and a much louder alarm clock.

The 48-year-old singer of U.S. hard-rock band Guns N' Roses irritated thousands of his Dublin fans at the 02 Arena on Wednesday night by showing up nearly an hour late — a recurring problem on his band's European tour — and then walking off after an unruly minority in the crowd hurled water bottles on the stage.

Most of the fans left, but Irish concert promoters MCD wouldn't let Rose leave until he finished the gig. The band went back on stage an hour later to a mostly empty venue and didn't stop playing until nearly 1 a.m.

MCD and the 02 issued a joint statement criticizing Rose for having "a long history for being late on stage," but emphasized that "no artist should be subjected to missiles and unknown substances being thrown at them."

Rose's patience snapped after he warned the crowd to stop throwing things on stage.

"Here is the deal. One more bottle up here and we go. We don't want to go. Your choice," he told the crowd during an abrupt break to the band's second song, "Welcome to the Jungle."

But when introducing his other band members before a following number, up came another bottle — and off Rose went to a chorus of boos. "OK, that's it. Good night. Have a nice evening," he said.

Politicians called on the promoters to refund tickets that cost an average of (EURO)72 ($92). MCD declined to say whether anyone would get their money back.

"Reports say that the lights came on and the security people told concertgoers to go home. Confusion reigned and thousands of fans had left by the time the band came back again on stage to complete their set," Irish senator Michael McCarthy said.

Rose is the only remaining original member of Guns N' Roses, which was founded in Los Angeles in 1985 and achieved chart-topping successes with its first two albums, "Appetite for Destruction" in 1987 and the double-album "Use Your Illusion" in 1991.

The band effectively collapsed in the mid-1990s and Rose became a Malibu semi-recluse. He re-emerged in recent years with a completely new band that, after missing a decade of production deadlines, unveiled the album "Chinese Democracy" in 2008. It has received generally positive reviews but sold poorly compared to the band's heyday.

The European tour has been marred by late starts.

At the first stop Aug. 27, an open-air festival in Reading, west of London, Guns N' Roses arrived an hour late and had their microphones and amplifiers cut off by organizers during their encore.

Two nights later in the northern English city of Leeds, Guns N' Roses again was ordered to cut its performance concert a half-hour short because of an hour-late start. The tour has 22 cities in 13 more countries to go.

Such tardiness is nothing new for Rose. Guns N' Roses kept Irish fans waiting two extra hours during its 1992 European tour.

ttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100902/ap_en_mu/eu_ireland_guns_n__roses

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2010

Why do people even bother to give this moron their money and the time of day ?!? His reputation more than precedes him . There might as well be a HUGE disclaimer printed right across the front of every ticket this asshole ever sells . He has no integrity , no respect for his fans , and is a proven complete un-proffesional .

I was at the infamous debacle at Riverport here in St. Louis in '91 . I've been soured on that guy ever since .

Comment

• hambon4lif
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Damn! This is the second time I've read this today!

...that's when you know you've really fucked up! When you somehow manage to be late twice for the same gig!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...ds-Reading-etc.
                              Last edited by hambon4lif; 09-02-2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
                                Why do people even bother to give this moron their money and the time of day ?!? His reputation more than precedes him . There might as well be a HUGE disclaimer printed right across the front of every ticket this asshole ever sells . He has no integrity , no respect for his fans , and is a proven complete un-proffesional .

I was at the infamous debacle at Riverport here in St. Louis in '91 . I've been soured on that guy ever since .
                                It's at the point, given his consistent history of pulling this stuff, where anyone shelling out money to see this guy these days kind of deserves to not get their money's worth when he throws a hissy, being that a fool and their money were lucky to get together in the first place.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...