X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
    The Rhino site lists a handful of Roth era VH remasters coming out (again)...which could be interpreted as some sort of activity, I guess. WARNING: The site has some sort of FLASH nonsense that bogs out you plug in if you are using Firefox. RHINO LINK

Still waiting to hear from or latest poster as to where his info came from. As VA said..."tick, tock...". Wow, I feel so enlightened.
    Yeah...like the original six-pack remasters?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Fuck rumors.

There's been too many of them concerning Van Halen to get psyched up for anything that may or may not happen down the road, and since Cherone left the band 11 years ago there have been upwards of (off the top of my head) a dozen or so widely spread scenarios regarding what "the band is gonna do" that have turned out to be not even close to the mark...95% of the time Van Halen ended up doing nada.

The only informed sources that matter are the current members of the band, and they're not talking.

Whatever happens, happens.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        Yeah...like the original six-pack remasters?
        It lists three albums due in December...WACF, 1984 and VH II. I don't get it...they are reissuing the remasters, or are they remastering them a second time?

EDIT: Come to find out, these are vinyl releases. part of a shitload of Warner Bros. stuff getting released in this format for around 25 bucks per album.
        Last edited by chefcraig; 11-14-2010, 06:40 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

It lists three albums due in December...WACF, 1984 and VH II. I don't get it...they are reissuing the remasters, or are they remastering them a second time?

EDIT: Come to find out, these are vinyl releases. part of a shitload of Warner Bros. stuff getting released in this format for around 25 bucks per album.
          Damn...I wonder how much I can get for my original albums...not that I'd sell them...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

"Best Of (1978-1984)" tentative track listing:

01. Runnin' With The Devil
            02. Eruption
            03. You Really Got Me
            04. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
            05. Jamie's Cryin'
            06. Dance The Night Away
            07. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
            08. Beatuiful Girls
            09. And The Cradle Will Rock
            10. Everybody Wants Some
            11. Mean Street
            12. Unchained
            13. So This Is Love?
            14. Where Have All The Good Times Gone
            15. Oh, Pretty Woman
            16. Dancing In The Street
            17. Jump
            18. Panama
            19. Hot For Teacher

I have that in my truck right now. I burned it myself a few months ago. The only difference is the 1st few tracks on mine are Unchained, Panama & Dance The Night Away. (It's my morning wake-up with coffee cd)
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Damn...I wonder how much I can get for my original albums...not that I'd sell them...
              Yup, and all of mine were purchased first day of sale, so it's possible they might be worth something. But like you, no way I'd part with them.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Over at the Links, they're hinging on every word coming from Andrew...

You know, because Tasmania is the center of the music world.....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                  I have that in my truck right now. I burned it myself a few months ago. The only difference is the 1st few tracks on mine are Unchained, Panama & Dance The Night Away. (It's my morning wake-up with coffee cd)
                  Yep. I burned my own "Best of Van Halen" volumes 1&2 CD's years ago for road trip convenience (and not having any Hagar songs in the mix). Funny thing is when you burn the Van HALEN catalog onto 2 80 minute CD's, it takes up most of the 6 pack. Though I actually used a couple songs from the Zero demo in the mix rather than from the first album. RWTD & On Fire, if I remember correctly. Plus I also used that version of House of Pain, which in my humble opinion blows away the 1984 version. Damned if I know why that never made the first album.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

I actually have a CD that I listen to every morning, with just Mean Street, Unchained, So This is Love, I'm the One and Take Your Whiskey Home

rinse...repeat..

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

In 2000...we had a release sent to us, complete with the Warner Bros. heading...about a new tour with Roth, starting with an appearance at the MTV music awards. I had a friend that worked for WB distribution in Nashville who said, "Damn, that looks like the real deal."

Brownsound and hain (webbies here at the time...Brownie still is) and I thought it was the real deal...

Of course...it wasn't...

But there has been some good stuff to come down the pipe since 1996...
                      Fuck, I remember that shit. I think I still have captures of that fake WB letterhead, and the artwork and whatever else that troll put up as his "evidence". Unfortunately, it's probably on the same dead hard drive that has all my pics of the 2002 Gorge show and a whole lot of other shit that I'll never actually see again
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                        Fuck, I remember that shit. I think I still have captures of that fake WB letterhead, and the artwork and whatever else that troll put up as his "evidence". Unfortunately, it's probably on the same dead hard drive that has all my pics of the 2002 Gorge show and a whole lot of other shit that I'll never actually see again
                        You know what...that wasn't an Army thing...it was an EUAS thing. We got it because of our movement on the Links...right?

Long time ago...fuck...

Comment

• Etienne
                          Commando
                          • Aug 2010

I would like the title "BOLD".

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by Etienne
                            I would like the title "BOLD".
                            Only problem is that Dave so far would never title an album like this. Subconsciously or not it does not sound like his normal call. So it looks like it....hmmm feels like it......smells like it.....tastes like it.....Damn, good thing we didn't step in it! Perhaps "Bold" might be a compromise with Eddie as they are a "Band" now. But, Ego's aside, Eddie has not been known for his command of the english language.
                            Last edited by SunisinuS; 11-14-2010, 08:03 PM. Reason: /shrug
                            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

"BOLD" could be an acronym for "Best Of Lonesome Dave", but that would make it a Foghat album.

Last edited by chefcraig; 11-14-2010, 08:04 PM.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Etienne
                                Commando
                                • Aug 2010

My personal association goes more with - Axis: Bold As Love - Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...