Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yah
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2006

It's been awhile since the end of '08 tour and I'm sure most of us are looking forward to hearing new VH songs, if indeed they actually exist?!

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by yah
      It's been awhile since the end of '08 tour and I'm sure most of us are looking forward to hearing new VH songs, if indeed they actually exist?!
      I've been dying to hear more ever since Me Wise Magic came out. What a fucking great song. Proved to everyone that they could still kick ass with Roth at the helm.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vaijuju
        Sniper
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by vaijuju
        Melodicrock going to do a update too.but it seems different news. Wait and see
        VAN HALEN - 2011 STILL SHAPING UP FOR A BIG YEAR:
        Let's great straight to it - it's been quiet in the Van Halen camp since a wave of expectation and excitement broke following news leaks a few months back regarding a possible new album and tour for 2011.
        The Tour: The band will tour extensively in 2011, taking in North America, likely European dates and even some Australian dates, which local newspaper the Herald Sun stated Sunday - [VH] "...are very close to confirming an Oz visit next year..."
        The line-up will remain as it was for the 2007 tour - Eddie, Alex, Wolfgang and David Lee Roth.

The New Album: Numerous reports about new music coming from the band are true. There is new music recorded with the expectation of an all-new studio album featuring David Lee Roth to be released in 2011. What is not known right now is the time frame for this.
        Here is what I was told. It seems DLR's vocals are being recorded away from the 5150 studio, with Eddie receiving various vocal tracks from the singer, but not always to the guitarist's satisfaction. I'm told that it's work in progress between Eddie and Dave.
        I also heard, but cannot confirm, that Eddie has recorded most of the bass parts for the album.

There is a deal in place between Warner Bros. and the band for a new album (as announced a few months back). However, I'm told there is a genuine fear from the label that the album may now not be ready before tour commitments begin. The album was definitely expected to be released in early 2011, but there has been so much going back and forth and re-arranging, so if the recordings are not turned in by early 2011, the label have developed a contingency plan.
        That is preparing re-masters of the Sammy Hagar era catalogue (curious decision perhaps, but the only albums left to do), as well as preparing Blue-Ray releases of Live Without a Net and Live Right Here Right Now so at least there is something on the market when the band tours.
        Additionally they are preparing limited edition Vinyl releases, which have just appeared on the Rhino/Warner schedule. 1984, Women And Children First and Van Halen II will be released on LP December 13.

And to close - the band apparently tested a few different producers, but the man at the helm for this album is one Ross Hogarth. Go look him up. His website makes no mention of any work with Van Halen, but in July he did make one reference to a new record he was starting. He stated: "The record I just started ROCKS!!! [it] will be amazing...that is all I will say..."

Stay tuned as always...more soon.

Melodic News, Melodic CD Stores, Melodic Labels, MelodicRock Links, MelodicRockXtra, MelodicRock Records
        http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vaijuju
          the man at the helm for this album is one Ross Hogarth
          Never heard of him!

Comment

• vaijuju
            Sniper
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by GAR
            Never heard of him!
            it seems that he worked with Ratt, Cheap Trick, and Dio. . he worked with Templeman on the last doobies record. (i read this on vhlinks)

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

Hmm, this is weird.. he knows alot of people I know! And he's got alot of awards on his walls, too.. like me!

I like this guy already.

Comment

• mh5150
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2010

Andrew @ Melodicrock Reports This:

Let's great straight to it - it's been quiet in the Van Halen camp since a wave of expectation and excitement broke following news leaks a few months back regarding a possible new album and tour for 2011.
                The Tour: The band will tour extensively in 2011, taking in North America, likely European dates and even some Australian dates, which local newspaper the Herald Sun stated Sunday - [VH] "...are very close to confirming an Oz visit next year..."
                The line-up will remain as it was for the 2007 tour - Eddie, Alex, Wolfgang and David Lee Roth.

The New Album: Numerous reports about new music coming from the band are true. There is new music recorded with the expectation of an all-new studio album featuring David Lee Roth to be released in 2011. What is not known right now is the time frame for this.
                Here is what I was told. It seems DLR's vocals are being recorded away from the 5150 studio, with Eddie receiving various vocal tracks from the singer, but not always to the guitarist's satisfaction. I'm told that it's work in progress between Eddie and Dave.
                I also heard, but cannot confirm, that Eddie has recorded most of the bass parts for the album.

There is a deal in place between Warner Bros. and the band for a new album (as announced a few months back). However, I'm told there is a genuine fear from the label that the album may now not be ready before tour commitments begin. The album was definitely expected to be released in early 2011, but there has been so much going back and forth and re-arranging, so if the recordings are not turned in by early 2011, the label have developed a contingency plan.
                That is preparing re-masters of the Sammy Hagar era catalogue (curious decision perhaps, but the only albums left to do), as well as preparing Blue-Ray releases of Live Without a Net and Live Right Here Right Now so at least there is something on the market when the band tours.
                Additionally they are preparing limited edition Vinyl releases, which have just appeared on the Rhino/Warner schedule. 1984, Women And Children First and Van Halen II will be released on LP December 13.

And to close - the band apparently tested a few different producers, but the man at the helm for this album is one Ross Hogarth. Go look him up. His website makes no mention of any work with Van Halen, but in July he did make one reference to a new record he was starting. He stated: "The record I just started ROCKS!!! [it] will be amazing...that is all I will say..."

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Threads merged....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

As usual, the clue-free nitwit at Melodicrock has misinterpreted the info he has stumbled across. He claims the VH record is being produced by Ross Hogarth, yet fails to even bother to read Hogarth's website, which he mentions in his "article". If he had, he would realize that Hogarth is not a producer, yet an engineer. This is given away by the fact that the Doobie Brothers album the guy "worked on" was in fact produced by Ted Templeman. Now, by simply connecting the dots, doesn't the story seem more interesting?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• mh5150
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2010

Melodicrock reports

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

How many times do you feel it necessary to post this same shit? Wasn't having it moved once enough for you?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Well...we all know what we think about CROCK...but...since it's up here...

Not much about Hogarth...looks like he's produced Ziggy Marley...and there's some stuff up about him working with the Doobie Brothers...

There's seems to be a circle of untruth to that...like someone thought, well...Templeman worked with the Doobies...let's create a new lie with the new Doobie guy...

Of course, I could see spED thinking that way as well..."Let me call Michael McDonald, and see who's producing for the Doobies." Does he have time though...between all that fucking bass playing he's doing...jesus christ...

Okay...back on the CROCK now...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• vaijuju
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2008

We can send a email to Ross Hogarth

Are you working with Van Halen ?
                            Last edited by vaijuju; 11-16-2010, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Merged again. Listen...mh5150...thanks for the info for the third time...one more..and you're voted off the island...we get the point!!!!

As to e-mailing the guy...not a bad idea...I'm sure that his e-mail inbox is already full though...so why add to the pile. I'm sure we'll have enough fake replies in the next month to last a lifetime...or another 25 years.

Roth recording from a distance doesn't scare me at all...by the way. To be honest...it sounds like status quo for spEDward...
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Okay.

The only thing that makes ZERO sense is for WB to re-release Van Hagar material on CD or Blu-Ray when the band that is prepping to tour is with Dave -- not Sambo.

Why promote the band that is NOT touring or recording a new album?

A better thing for WB to do is to release a classic live VH CD/Blu-Ray -- instead of anything related to Van Hagar.

That portion of Andrew's news is BS.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...