X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

My Good Mate Barney...

had a horrible accident on his motorbike yesterday. an elderly lady pulled out in front of him. he's in hospital in brisbane, in an induced coma. he has a shattered leg, broken wrist, hip, ribs, but luckily no spinal or head injuries. he would have been at soundwave with me. those of you who read the golf thread would be aware of his golf love, too. there won't be any golf for a while.

he is an atheist, but any of you who feel the need to throw a prayer to your deity of choice for him, please go ahead. i'll be visiting him on thursday 18th august, and if i could show him this thread and the well wishes of like minded people (he's a huge cvh fan) half a world away i know it will lift his spirits.

i just wanted to share this with you, my roth brothers and sisters, as a way of helping you help me help him, if you know what i mean. when he gets out i'll probably be his carer for a while. as you can imagine, i'm pretty messed up right now too. thanks for reading.

ash.
  • clarathecarrot
    Full Member Status

• May 2010

Sending the good stuff your way for your bud.
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

thanks clara. spoke to his sis, more surgery tomorrow to try and save the leg. these first few days are going to be tough.

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

So sorry to hear that.. hang in there, buddy.. this too shall pass. Sending some good vibes your way... it may be delayed with the time change and all, but they're on their way!
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

My thoughts go out to him and your families. Painful recovery, but there will be one.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

sorry ash.

elderly people on the road who don't know their skills disappeared gradually is a continuing problem.
            time to invoke the logan's run act and send them to carousel before they endanger anyone else.

Comment

• Etienne
              Commando
              • Aug 2010

Hope your friend recovers very well. My best wishes to him.

Comment

• Blaze
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by ashstralia
                had a horrible accident on his motorbike yesterday. an elderly lady pulled out in front of him. he's in hospital in brisbane, in an induced coma. he has a shattered leg, broken wrist, hip, ribs, but luckily no spinal or head injuries. he would have been at soundwave with me. those of you who read the golf thread would be aware of his golf love, too. there won't be any golf for a while.

he is an atheist, but any of you who feel the need to throw a prayer to your deity of choice for him, please go ahead. i'll be visiting him on thursday 18th august, and if i could show him this thread and the well wishes of like minded people (he's a huge cvh fan) half a world away i know it will lift his spirits.

i just wanted to share this with you, my roth brothers and sisters, as a way of helping you help me help him, if you know what i mean. when he gets out i'll probably be his carer for a while. as you can imagine, i'm pretty messed up right now too. thanks for reading.

ash.

I ask in prayer for ashstralia to have endurance of good character and to find comfort in troubling times.
                I ask in prayer for Barney to have the best doctors for him drawn toward him in usefulness.
                I ask in prayer for the people around Barney and ashstralia to have graced inspiration.
                ~Amen~
                "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                sigpic

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this Ash!

Please someday when he is recovered, let him know that we here at Roth Army were greatly disturbed by the news and want him to recover!

Will talk to the big Sound Engineer In The Sky on his behalf.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

That sucks! Wishing your friend a speedy and complete recovery.
                    Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

thanks guys. he's made of tough stuff. hopefully they'll wake him up today or tomorrow.

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

All The Best To Your Friend,Ash.
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I think we need to have mandatory driving tests, once people reach a certain age. I know that borders on fascism, but it would prevent tragedies like this from happening. My grandpa was not happy when we took his car away from him (since he refused to stop driving) but he probably had 5 years added to his life as a result. Not to mention my grandmother's life, and anyone else who might have got in his way.

Now that my dad is 80 years old, I dread the day we have to make that decision again, but it's probably coming. So far, he seems to be doing alright. He's "young" for his age in most respects.

Hope your friend fully recovers, and soon Ash.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• lesfunk
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I agree that old folks should be tested but it won't prevent tragedies like this from happening. Maybe a couple, but Everybody fucks with motorcycles on the road, not just the elderly. My fellow riders will back me up on this.
                            Hope your boy is up and putting in no time.
                            Cheers
                            http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by ashstralia
                              thanks guys. he's made of tough stuff. hopefully they'll wake him up today or tomorrow.

Well having been hurt pretty bad (not as bad as your friend) I say induce my coma until the weekend before I return to work at a desk job. The PT can work under my desk.

Hope you all give him good spirits when he comes to. Tell him we are all rooting for him!

Two highest accident groups that kill: Teenage Drivers and Elderly Drivers. The 2nd only because there are less of them.
                              Last edited by SunisinuS; 08-12-2011, 08:36 PM. Reason: :(
                              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...