X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grant
    Sniper
    • Feb 2005

Mate, I'm very sorry to hear this news.

Sending out my prayers and best wishes for him for a sound and speedy recovery.

In the meantime, give us a ring anytime if you need to...

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

ta g, i'll give you a buzz tonite. i'll definitely be beering. thanks all... they're keeping him asleep for another day or two, another leg op tomorrow. as for the elderly drivers; i know it's a tough call to take someone's right to drive away. the problem is exacerbated by the fact a lot of them drive big 4wd vehicles because of the perceived safety factor... as this lady was.

Comment

• fifth element
        Commando
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ashstralia
        had a horrible accident on his motorbike yesterday. an elderly lady pulled out in front of him. he's in hospital in brisbane, in an induced coma. he has a shattered leg, broken wrist, hip, ribs, but luckily no spinal or head injuries. he would have been at soundwave with me. those of you who read the golf thread would be aware of his golf love, too. there won't be any golf for a while.

he is an atheist, but any of you who feel the need to throw a prayer to your deity of choice for him, please go ahead. i'll be visiting him on thursday 18th august, and if i could show him this thread and the well wishes of like minded people (he's a huge cvh fan) half a world away i know it will lift his spirits.

i just wanted to share this with you, my roth brothers and sisters, as a way of helping you help me help him, if you know what i mean. when he gets out i'll probably be his carer for a while. as you can imagine, i'm pretty messed up right now too. thanks for reading.

ash.

my best wishes for a speedy recovery for your friend....

and for your spirits, as well. it is hard having someone we care about in pain.
        Last edited by fifth element; 08-13-2011, 01:52 AM. Reason: typing in the dark...not good.
        “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

When I got my motorcycle permit they warned us about elderly drivers. It actually said "When you see blue hair beware!" in the state handbook. LOL! One of our neighbors got killed on his bike last year. He was riding on a mountain road with lots of curves and went into the curve too fast and couldn't hold it. It used to be teens and old people and now it's the damn cell phones. Plus, people just seem loopy anyways.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

damn! i ran out of thanks. today i registered on a motorcycle forum i know he frequents, and told those guys what happened. he's going to be inundated with well wishers from all over the world! cool. thanks all so much for making this a bit easier..

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Wow, this is horrible news, ash!

Strange enough, one of my best friends is named Barney. Almost lost him in a motorcycle accident 10 years ago. He escaped with his life.
              It was a long road to recovery. But he's in decent shape considering what he went through.

Wishing you friend a speedy recovery, dude. Hope everything works out good!
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

these coincidences are interesting, jimi. if only we could predict them when gambling!! 'barney' is not his real name obviously.

update:
                great news.. they woke him up briefly today; he responded to family and tried to de-tube himself. he's tougher than a two dollar steak, my bro. they're still going to resume the leg repair tomorrow, which will involve putting him to sleep again. this is a very positive development.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Good to hear!

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

thanks HR. how's your dad doing btw?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Not so good. Trying to stay positive. But pretty serious. Rather not talk about it at present.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

My mom was a nurse. I couldn't have a motorcycle living under her roof. She had seen too much carnage. What would really piss her off was seeing people riding without helmets. She said she didn't feel so sad for the dumb sorry bastard who got in a wreck without the hemet but the poor person at the hospital who had to spend hours picking gravel out of their face. My mom said she spent hours picking gravel out of some motorcycle dude's face only to have him die on her.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                          Not so good. Trying to stay positive. But pretty serious. Rather not talk about it at present.
                          sorry mate, i understand. it's just fucked watching my best mate all banged up in hospital.

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

quick update; they've finished the leg repair, it's going to recover fully eventually. now they just have to fix his wrist and he can start healing! excellent news.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

just saw this thread. my condolences and joy for you and your friend sent together. glad he has a great friend to help him out. glad his recovery has a positive outlook, too. peace, love and good happiness stuff.
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

Glad everything's looking up, Ash!

Good vibes to Barney!!!!!
                                Originally posted by vandeleur
                                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...