Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

thanks PB. and kwame, here's another coincidence.. his avatar on the previously mentioned motorbike forum is......

captain goodvibes!!!!!!! it's a sign!!!!

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Nice!
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by ashstralia
        quick update; they've finished the leg repair, it's going to recover fully eventually. now they just have to fix his wrist and he can start healing! excellent news.
        Is it his left or right wrist and is he left handed or right handed. That though it may seem small from your perspective will be a big deal when he wakes!
        3 Cheers to Captain Goodvibes AKA Barney!
        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

thanks blaze. i know! i had a right hand injury quite a few years ago, all the little things you take for granted are affected. learning to wipe left handed was weird

i' think it's his right, and he's right handed. d'oh!

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

thanks blaze. i know! i had a right hand injury quite a few years ago, all the little things you take for granted are affected. learning to wipe left handed was weird

That's going to piss him off when he wakes up! It is funny the things one focuses on after a major physical injury.
            You tell him when he wakes up that Blaze said, "We know he has worked really hard to recover thus far however, due to cut backs in allotted injuries, he will have to do the job of two injured people and work twice as hard and produce 4 times as much progress." Give him my apologies and explain we all are having to work extra during these austere times.
            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
            sigpic

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
              That's going to piss him off when he wakes up! It is funny the things one focuses on after a major physical injury.
              You tell him when he wakes up that Blaze said, "We know he has worked really hard to recover thus far however, due to cut backs in allotted injuries, he will have to do the job of two injured people and work twice as hard and produce 4 times as much progress." Give him my apologies and explain we all are having to work extra during these austere times.
              i will tell him you said that blaze! or rather wait a week or three, and make him read the thread. he's going to be a captive audience.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                When I got my motorcycle permit they warned us about elderly drivers. It actually said "When you see blue hair beware!" in the state handbook. LOL! One of our neighbors got killed on his bike last year. He was riding on a mountain road with lots of curves and went into the curve too fast and couldn't hold it. It used to be teens and old people and now it's the damn cell phones. Plus, people just seem loopy anyways.

Another problem is that bikes are far far more powerful than 20 years ago.

You get these guys who rode a bit when they were young and then in their 40s decide to go buy themselves something that is more powerful than a racing bike used to be. Big rise in deaths in that demographic.

I'm not saying that's what happened to Barney but since this is exactly the demographic of this website thought it was worth mentioning...

There has been a significant rise in the number of middle-aged men critically injured in bicycle and motorcycle accidents.

More middle-aged men crashing bikes more often

There has been a significant rise in the number of middle-aged men critically injured in bicycle and motorcycle accidents.

The Institute of Health and Welfare has looked at how many drivers, motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians were seriously injured in road accidents between 2000 and 2008.

It found the number of men between 45 and 64 with life-threatening injuries increased by 50 per cent, with motorbike riders and cyclists accounting for the largest increase in injuries.

Researcher Geoff Henley says researchers believe the increase is down to increasing numbers of men in the age group riding bikes and motorcycles.

But he says younger people still have the highest injury rate overall.

"We found for both males and females around the 15-24 years age group the rates are highest among these groups in terms of life-threatening injuries," he said.

While the number of road deaths fell during the eight-year period, injuries increased by almost 2 per cent every year, from 26,700 to 32,500.

More than a quarter of the injuries were life-threatening.

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

also, props vain goodvibe reference post#4

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

definitely agree sesh. over here the bike sellers like to sell the LEARNER OK!!! angle. much more power than even five years ago. but let's face it, anytime you get into any type of conveyance you're a chance of biting the big one.

Comment

• Grant
                      Sniper
                      • Feb 2005

That's great news, mate!

Let's hope he gets up n about again in no time. Keep up with the good vibes...and get your arse back into the NRL thread! Finals are almost here, and bunnies are on a roll...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

definitely agree sesh. over here the bike sellers like to sell the LEARNER OK!!! angle. much more power than even five years ago. but let's face it, anytime you get into any type of conveyance you're a chance of biting the big one.
                        Indeed, I'd been nagging my best mate about the dangers of his Suzuki for ages and then I nearly killed both of us in my car.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Good to hear Barney's on the mend, Ash. (btw Barney is the name my buddy uses as an alias. Syas it came in handy when he used to get stopped by the cops when he was a kid...)
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think we need to start calling Ash Fred.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• fifth element
                                Commando
                                • Nov 2010

broke my right arm a few years back....(yes, I'm right handed)

had to learn to write, wipe, and hold my newborn in my left hand/arm.....
                                never again, please God.
                                “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

Working...