• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dan
      Get A 6-pack Of XXXX In You.
      I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

seeing as we're in this thread; barns went for xrays today. the ortho's want him to have 1 more op to tighten the screws on dec 16. then he'll be weight bearing and physio begins!!!! woo fucking hoo!

just between you lot and myself, i think i'll be getting a nice chrissy present this year.

Comment

• Grant
          Sniper
          • Feb 2005

Sweet as, ash. Good that Barns doesn't have to wait too long for his next operation (reminder that he's not to take any fish oil capsules from now, that is if he does take them regularly?).

Originally posted by ashstralia
          just between you lot and myself, i think i'll be getting a nice chrissy present this year.
          Now all we need is for Sir John Kerr to come back from the dead to resolve our current national crisis...then Xmas will have come full circle.

Cheers!

Comment

• Barney G
            Full On Cocktard
            • Jan 2012

Just read this, thanks to y'all.

I definitely attracted the best doctors, they did a great job. I've been riding since I was aged in single digits and have never had the big crash. In this case I had the right of was and the elderly lady just cruised straight through a give way sign and t boned me.

I was conscious the whole way through the crash and the initial treatment and then got put under because of the pain.

I will rie again, but it will come after a lot of things like walking and golf and so on.

I do not hold any great grudge against the lady who did this, she didn't leave her house that morning with the express intent to be be careless and hurt somebody or to deliberately screw my life up, these things just happen.

Barney G
            Victor Hugo - What evil good can be

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Been there done that. But in my case, I was in my van, and a lady plowed through a stop sign and smacked the rear end of the van. Spun me around, no injuries, and I got a nice fat check from her insurance company.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Barney G
                Just read this, thanks to y'all.

I definitely attracted the best doctors, they did a great job. I've been riding since I was aged in single digits and have never had the big crash. In this case I had the right of was and the elderly lady just cruised straight through a give way sign and t boned me.

I was conscious the whole way through the crash and the initial treatment and then got put under because of the pain.

I will rie again, but it will come after a lot of things like walking and golf and so on.

I do not hold any great grudge against the lady who did this, she didn't leave her house that morning with the express intent to be be careless and hurt somebody or to deliberately screw my life up, these things just happen.
                Barney G
                very proud of your positive outlook and understanding
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

I agree.

Comment

• Barney G
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jan 2012

A victim of positive thinking

Please don't take that too seriously though. When I crashed I had 27 broken bones, right leg effectively crushed, both arms wrists, most of the ribs, neck of femur out of hip and so on.

I also got internal injuries, 2 damaged lungs, problems pissing and generally everything got a good shake up.

18 month later I still can't walk and the lack of circulation from destroyed lower leg arteries mean my tibia is still in pieces and every step I take is in pain.

I drive a computer at work so that is okay, I take shit loads of medication and have 24/7 pain.

My leg will end up in a below knee amputation.

But here's the positive part.

How cool are carbon prosthetics AND I'll be able to walk without sticks.

Otherwise life is fucking perfect.

A big mention to Ash, who is my best mate and a man among men truly. I could waffle on about all he did, like effectively keep me alive and stuff but it would sound like a Whitney Houston song, and she died and I didn't.

Therefore bro - stay Frosty.

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

it's just nice you're still alive bro...

now get me a beer and a sammich.(please).

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Lol. Barney, I sincerely hope that you heal in ways better than your wildest dreams.

Some friend.....telling the cripple to get up and walk and get him a beer and a sammich.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Thanks for the update, mate. Am rooting for you.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                          Full Member Status

• May 2010

I had this friend many years ago who was a drag stip racer, Yamaha 4 cylinder 600 cc ..and he had his clutch and shifter hydraulically converted into buttons on each side of his handle bars, so he could lay down feet back on the rear axel area of the frame... and shift with his hands.

He made these himself back in the 1970's, am sure there are actuators now and perhaps a kit somewhere so that may help you get your face in the breeze again after you get your golf swing back..lol.

If there isn't a device you should invent it and market it and make a million...you can cut me in on the moneys if you want to ..lol.
                          2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                          clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Barney G
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                            Lol. Barney, I sincerely hope that you heal in ways better than your wildest dreams.

Some friend.....telling the cripple to get up and walk and get him a beer and a sammich.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Thanks for the update, mate. Am rooting for you.

Thanks for the call out, appreciate it, I've got the beer and sandwich covered though.

Hang on, I'll just get my helper monkey onto it.

Oh, that's you Ash....

Also Clara, all I need is a rear brake activated by my left hand instead of my right foot. There was this other Australian chap who got that covered by the name of Doohan.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Barney G

Also Clara, all I need is a rear brake activated by my left hand instead of my right foot. There was this other Australian chap who got that covered by the name of Doohan.

My bad , I thought your left leg was the one that took the most impact...?

I should re-read the original thread by Ash..but ?? why, research when I can just throw wild ideas around....lol.
                              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

Too bad about your accident Barney. I'm a motorcyclist too and while it's true some cage drivers don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists sometimes it's just an accident, a moment of inattention that causes accidents. I've cut of bikes I didn't see and I'm pretty careful because I ride myself. Any accident on a bike will likely cause some injury but that's the chance you take when you ride.
                                How were somewhat lucky you lost your leg below the knee instead of above. One of my friends lost his leg in a motorcycle accident. (His own fault he made a U turn without signalling at all and the car behind him thought he was turning right when he started going right and started around him. When he leaned it the left he got broad sided.) Because it was below the knee he adapted quickly. My roomate lost his above the knee due to a spider bite and he's still struggling to walk without a walker.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...