X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdVanZep
    Groupie
    • Jun 2005

Howard Stern talks about Van Halen tour

Let me start by saying I really enjoy Sterns show but when it comes to R&R he has his head up his ass. Starts by saying "here's a shock , Van Halens tour is canceled . They did a few warm up gigs and now it's over". I guess it's for shock value , he does no research and has no idea the tour is going on at this moment until 6/26 and that future shows were postponed.
  • atomicpnk47
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2007

Hmmm Howard Stern, Rolling Stone.....What's the difference? :dafinger: to both.

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

I heard that also, and frankly i was shocked that he didnt do his homework before announcing such bullshit, makes you wonder what other untruths he spews, oh all of em??

Comment

• BenJammin
        Foot Soldier
        • Feb 2004

I haven't listened to Stern in years except for the blurbs I get here. He is a master of the soundbyte that attracts the short (and easily distracted) attention span of the general American public. No reason for him to go delve into reality, history, or depth on his show but I suspect he probably knows more than what he says publicly. Nothing to see here, keep moving.

Also has anyone noticed the major press on the 'cancellations' , 'infighting', and general controversy about the tour after months of success went by with just a few low-level, mixed, or lukewarm press reviews?

What are the age old expressions again?
        -Any press is good press
        -and-
        -Never waste a good crisis

Also remember there is nothing more desirable than a scarce or dwindling resource, perceived or real. Get it ?
        Last edited by BenJammin; 05-21-2012, 08:25 PM.
        "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

FUCK HOWARD STERN ---- FUCK HIM TO HELL

Seriously ---- this asshole has had it out for Dave ever since Dave took over his old CBS radio gig ---- Stern was pissed that Dave didnt come to him for advice about being on radio ---- so Stern has decided to burn DLR any chance he gets.

He's even resorted to licking Sammy's smelly cunt recently after he spent 20+ years slamming Spambot on his show! You got to be a despicable douche to stoop that low.

Basically ---- Dave OWNS Stern and Stern can't stand it. Stern is a lazy spoiled prick who stopped being funny in the mid-90s. He barely works 2 days a week. He's a fucking boring pile of shit. Needs to go away --- SOON.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

You seem to know quite a bit about someone you want to fuck to hell...

Maybe you should just change the station...

Comment

• BenJammin
              Foot Soldier
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
              FUCK HOWARD STERN ---- FUCK HIM TO HELL

Seriously ---- this asshole has had it out for Dave ever since Dave took over his old CBS radio gig ---- Stern was pissed that Dave didnt come to him for advice about being on radio ---- so Stern has decided to burn DLR any chance he gets.

He's even resorted to licking Sammy's smelly cunt recently after he spent 20+ years slamming Spambot on his show! You got to be a despicable douche to stoop that low.

Basically ---- Dave OWNS Stern and Stern can't stand it. Stern is a lazy spoiled prick who stopped being funny in the mid-90s. He barely works 2 days a week. He's a fucking boring pile of shit. Needs to go away --- SOON.

I agree somewhat but yur missing the point.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Media is all the same. They'd much rather stir up shit than get the facts. Good news doesn't interest anyone.
                Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

"a few warm up gigs and now it's cancelled"?

They started touring in, what, February...off the top of my head I can make a safe estimate that they have done 30 + shows already, if not more.

Just sloppy research and/or a lack of familiarity with the facts.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• BenJammin
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    "a few warm up gigs and now it's cancelled"?

They started touring in, what, February...off the top of my head I can make a safe estimate that they have done 30 + shows already, if not more.

Just sloppy research and/or a lack of familiarity with the facts.
                    Missing the point x2

Comment

• TJMKID
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      You seem to know quite a bit about someone you want to fuck to hell...

Maybe you should just change the station...

I never listened to him before or watched his stupid E! show ---- but I rented a car last year that had satellite radio so I tuned in to Stern for a few days. The asshole is really boring and predictable these days. Basically asks the same "what color panties are you wearing" questions over and over to all his female guests. That shit got stale by 1995. He busts on people's wives all the time but if anyone insults his horse-faced wife Beth he gets angry and defensive. Stern is just a spoiled rich cunt who has nothing better to do so he hangs on to his radio show and spews retarded shit for 2 days a week.

Comment

• BenJammin
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Feb 2004

Damn, see... you guys are sucked into his BS just like he wants you to be.

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BenJammin
                          Damn, see... you guys are sucked into his BS just like he wants you to be.

Stern is a really dumb cunt if he thinks broadcasting blatant lies about a beloved American rock band is going attract new listeners to his show

Comment

• BenJammin
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Feb 2004

Again, it's not about VH, it's about Stern.
                            Do you really think he's concerned with the percentage of VH fans vs. his general audience ? Or what you think about him personally ?
                            And shit... he'll have a lot of us tuned in just to hear what he says, good or bad. That's the ugly truth. It's not about right or wrong, truth or lie, it's about ratings.

Comment

• Carloscda
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jan 2009

Just trying to stay relevant with his low ratings show!! That shock jock crap is played!!

Comment

Working...