X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BenJammin
    Again, it's not about VH, it's about Stern.
    Do you really think he's concerned with the percentage of VH fans vs. his general audience ? Or what you think about him personally ?
    And shit... he'll have a lot of us tuned in just to hear what he says, good or bad. That's the ugly truth. It's not about right or wrong, truth or lie, it's about ratings.

I guess Stern's audience is mostly retards and dipshits who gobble up any garbage he feeds them.

Any reputable radio host with a brain wouldn't risk alienating his fanbase by spreading blatant lies ---- oh wait ---- that's what Rush Lardball and Hitler Hannity do every day !!

Comment

• BenJammin
      Foot Soldier
      • Feb 2004

... and they've had years of fame and success doing the same (and living large as a result).

Once you release all your sense of right and wrong and just go for the audience ($$$) it's all gravy.

I'm with you dude and I know about fighting the good fight, but the shame and reality of humanity is it doesn't matter anymore in this world. You can take your pride to the grave and maybe someone will write a resounding eulogy for you and maybe... just maybe if you've lived a good life your family and friends will keep you in their thoughts (till they die). Food for thought, how many times in people's lives do they eulougize the deceased as "He was a good man..." , yet even visit their graves or revere them in any way (past a few years) ? In the end you are worm food and guys like that are living it up from playing the stupid general public. Aside from religious/magic man in the sky comforts, that's reality so get used to it.
      Last edited by BenJammin; 05-21-2012, 10:13 PM.
      "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

you know if Van Halen had given Stern the interviev he wanted he would be sucking teyre asses, hes pissed cause they wont talk to him!!

Comment

• EdVanZep
          Groupie
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
          you know if Van Halen had given Stern the interviev he wanted he would be sucking teyre asses, hes pissed cause they wont talk to him!!
          They probably realized that Stern was gonna ask them all the same soap opera questions that he`s repeated for the last 20yrs.

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EdVanZep
            They probably realized that Stern was gonna ask them all the same soap opera questions that he`s repeated for the last 20yrs.
            probably, oh well, to heck with him

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

I've always thought Stern was a juvenile, annoying piece of shit that could only appeal to boys who just learned to masturbate last week. The fact that he has become rich and famous is another stone on the grave of any hope I once had for Western civilization.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• TJMKID
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BenJammin
                I'm with you dude and I know about fighting the good fight, but the shame and reality of humanity is it doesn't matter anymore in this world. You can take your pride to the grave and maybe someone will write a resounding eulogy for you and maybe... just maybe if you've lived a good life your family and friends will keep you in their thoughts (till they die). Food for thought, how many times in people's lives do they eulougize the deceased as "He was a good man..." , yet even visit their graves or revere them in any way (past a few years) ? In the end you are worm food and guys like that are living it up from playing the stupid general public. Aside from religious/magic man in the sky comforts, that's reality so get used to it.

Yeah I feel ya ---- I just miss the good ole days of "responsible journalism" ---- when people on TV and radio built their reputations on fact-checking because it was their asses on the line if they didnt.

But these days ---- it's all about sensationalism and who can scream the loudest and tell the biggest lies. How far we've fallen in just a couple decades.

As much as I despise Stern ---- my disdain doesn't even come close to what I have for right-wing radio hosts like Hannity and Lardball and Beck ---- you'll never hear so much fear-mongering delusions in one hour than listening to those cumstains.

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                  I've always thought Stern was a juvenile, annoying piece of shit that could only appeal to boys who just learned to masturbate last week. The fact that he has become rich and famous is another stone on the grave of any hope I once had for Western civilization.

Back in the 80's ---- Diamond Lee Roth had mass appeal to young new masturbators (like me) ---- but at least he did it with style and class and didn't lie to me about anything. When he was waxing poetic about the joys of tight pussy and strong whiskey ---- I later found out he was telling the truth !!!

Stern doesn't check facts and just broadcasts whatever comes spewing out of his asshole because he thinks he's important ---- no class, no substance, no brains. He's like Kim Kardashian with a radio show.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Everyone has something to say about Van Halen. The only opinions I care about come from the members at this site.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
                      Everyone has something to say about Van Halen. The only opinions I care about come from the members at this site.
                      Exactly. Anyone who hears stern and takes it as fact can eat a dick. They're not a fan and aren't going to shows or keeping things going.
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                        Western civilization went over the cliff the moment Fartman landed on the stage.

No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hummarstra
                          Commando
                          • Feb 2004

I love Stern. In fact, I'm watching Howard TV right now. In today's episode, Scott the engineer is quitting the block party because he and Shuli can't agree on expenses.

But, yeh, he fucked up on the VH tour situation. HEY NOW!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Fuck Howard. If he wants to sound like an ignorant fuck, let him!

He already has more money than god, and is surrounded by a pack of sycophantic bozos, so let him have his fun. I can stand him, say, when he is asking Maureen McCormick all kinds of questions like "Do you take it up the ass?", but aside from special occasions like that, I get tired of his schtick pretty fast.

Comment

• fwacf
                              Roadie
                              • Jul 2004

Howard stern jumped the shark------done
                              When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I like Stern and his show.

But, he is interviewing Slash right now, and he still thinks the VH tour is "cancelled". Slash ask him if it is cancelled or postponed, and Stern says "cancelled, that's what I read".

Dumbass.

Comment

Working...