X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

So here's the thing...

what happens if idiots like wrning and/or myself beat the NASCAR vets?

we won't...lmfao...when we both forget to set our lineup every other week...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Then you'll just use the same lineup that you had for the previous week....

And if you're like me, just throw the "ringers" in there all the time, you should be OK....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

I definately went with a slant this week...that's for sure...

I get this redneck rag for free every week at the foot of my driveway...lmfao...that has a HUGE NASCAR report...I'll read it on the shitter...I suppose...

I picked a couple of guys I've never heard of this week...until I picked...just had to make sure they made the race

...so I'm fucked from the start...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• YankeeRose

Many people don't think the drivers are athletes...The general arguement is "They just get in the car and drive..and turn left..how hard is that?". Look at it this way...You're driving in a car with no ac, it's 120* in the car, very limited peripheral vision so you're relying on the spotter to let you know of potential problems, no power steering, 170+ mph but slowing for a sharp turn every few seconds, you know there's 42 other guys doing the same thing, and everyone wants to be the first scross the line, and you have to do this for about 4 hours..without hitting anyone else, or the wall. Oh yeah..You can't stop to eat, drink, smoke or pee until it's done. Not so easy when you look at it like that.

Comment

• Cathedral
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Rose, lets not forget the G-Forces of going through those turns, and they do get a cup of whatever they drink during pit stops, and they do have water bottles in the cars with straws.

Lets put it this way, if you want to be competitive in Nascar, you have to be in top condition.
            They are for the most part in as good if not better phyisical shape than any athlete in any other sport.

Then try to hit a wall going 120 to 180 mph.....It's a pretty tough thing to do.

Comment

• YankeeRose

I believe...Michael Jordan couldn't it.

Comment

• Cathedral
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Nope, he'd wreck after he got tired of turning left, lol.

Gentelmen, and Lady.........Start your engines!!!

VROOM VROOM............................................. ..........

Comment

• YankeeRose

My weekends have meaning again.....

oh yeah...

GO NO. 24!!!!!!!!

Comment

• rustoffa
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Did y'all catch those trucks flying all over the place?

Those things are too loose for super speedways.

Talk about a white-knuckle weekend.

Good-ol' Bobby Hamilton ain't skeered though.....fucking Spencer got flagged for passing under the yellow line and still almost won it.

I went to the truck race here this past spring....good racing.

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

No, i missed it, been running around all day.

I'm with Rose, the weekends are now worth something again, lol.

I think i'll head over to Nascar.com to check out some video.

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

The roof flaps weren't helping at all.

Two trucks went flying through the air like trick-water-skiing.

Comment

• Cathedral
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

I saw one of them where the dude flipped, landed on the roof then flipped back over, and he drove it away...That was a first, lol.

Lucky Dog for sure.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

7 teams...not to shabby...

Rose, Cat, for once...I'm not going to debate your points. I think you both are wrong about the athletic piece of this. I disagree immensely. But don't feel like rolling through this debate.

I know a bunch of people that work out. That doesn't make them athletes.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

being able to last a long time in a car doesn't make you an athlete either...yeah...sure...it's hard...no shit...but...guess what...it's there job...and they get paid pretty fucking well...

You tell me I get a million dollars or so a year...you'd figure out a way...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

I think NASCAR drivers are exceptional at what they do...don't get me wrong here...

but that doesn't make you an athlete.

Comment

Working...