Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I like Hurdle...but I agree...the only way you break out of mediocrity is to revamp your minors, and have five or six guys coming up together...like the Rays...

Or...

spend SOME money...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Well..can't say that I blame them...but now they've got a guy who has to refigure out Heinz Field.

Yo Va...wasn't he with Pittsburgh a few years back in some capacity?

Here's the Link: Steelers cut Reed for Suisham...
      Last edited by POJO_Risin; 11-16-2010, 03:12 PM.
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Yeah, Suisham was in Steelers camp in 2005....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          I like Hurdle...but I agree...the only way you break out of mediocrity is to revamp your minors, and have five or six guys coming up together...like the Rays...

Or...

spend SOME money...
          Well, their minor leagues are vastly better in the last couple of years....

They have some of the best young arms in baseball the last two years, some are in AA, some in A, and some just started Rookie Ball, like the two best arms in the draft last year, Jameson Taillon and Stetson Allie, plus the #1 young international pitcher, 16 year old Luis Heredia from Mexico....

So it's gonna be a couple more years, but I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SilvioDante
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            Well..can't say that I blame them...but now they've got a guy who has to refigure out Heinz Field.

Yo Va...wasn't he with Pittsburgh a few years back in some capacity?

Here's the Link: Steelers cut Reed for Suisham...
            So, I guess Skippy's gonna take the fall for Arians being a horrble OC, LeBeau unable to adjust to Brady after 10 seasons and Tomlin unable to manage the clock. Not to mention a beat up line unable to run block....
            "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              plus the #1 young international pitcher, 16 year old Luis Heredia from Mexico.....
              That made me chuckle...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                Well, their minor leagues are vastly better in the last couple of years....

They have some of the best young arms in baseball the last two years, some are in AA, some in A, and some just started Rookie Ball, like the two best arms in the draft last year, Jameson Taillon and Stetson Allie, plus the #1 young international pitcher, 16 year old Luis Heredia from Mexico....

So it's gonna be a couple more years, but I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.....
                Yeah...I'm sure the #1 reason they brought in Huntington was to start revamping the front office...

I like Allie...went to St. Ed's in Cleveland...great...great stuff...thought the Tribe would go after him...as a closer...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

He slipped to the 2nd round because everyone was sure he was going to go to UNC..... Bucs took him and showed him the $$$$....

And, oh by the way, he hit 102MPH last spring....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

What the hell is in the cheerios these kids eat!

Let's hope the Pirates don't blow out this kid's arm...

Not that they would...mind you...

It's just hard not to unleash these kiddos...

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2009

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's sprained foot is actually broken, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Thursday.

The Post-Gazette said that the fifth metatarsal bone or the outside metatarsal on his right foot was broken during the first quarter of the Steelers' win Sunday in Buffalo.

The Steelers, who have listed the quarterback's foot as sprained, denied that Roethlisberger's foot was broken in a statement Thursday. The team said the injury is simply "an aggravation of an old injury where scar tissue is present."

Roethlisberger was limited in practice Thursday, but said he plans to play Sunday against Baltimore. He has not missed a snap since returning Oct. 17 from his four-game suspension.

Roethlisberger has been wearing a reinforced shoe in practice that stabilizes the foot yet allows enough movement to play, but according to the Post-Gazette, he has a heavy limp without the shoe and has been wearing a protective boot when off the field.

Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Bruce Arians told the Post-Gazette that the injury shouldn't impact the team's game plan against the Ravens.

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's sprained foot is actually broken, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Thursday.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

They're saying that his foot was previously broken, and this injury is due to the scar tissue built up....

Unfortunately, I don't think it matters much... I've seen too many of these games vs. the Ravens to predict what's going to happen....

1. Ravens blitz until the cows come home.
                        2. Steelers (read Arians, Bruce) refuse to call any plays that will not only counteract, but burn the Ravens for blitzing all the time, such as draws, screens and quick slants...
                        3. Ray Rice will have an average game, like around 80 yards or so.
                        4. Steelers CB's continue to give Ravens WR's a 10 yard cushion, thus making Flacco out to be Johnny Fucking Unitas.

Ravens by 10.....

Comment

• SilvioDante
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

You know, if the league hates James Harrison, Ben and the Steelers and LOVES Manning, Brady and Brees, I am cool with that. Let the pretty boys be the face of the league, that's fine. And I don't wanna be that guy, but...

JUST DON'T MAKE IT SO OBVIOUS!!!

For the love of GOD, could you imagine what would have happened is Harrison would have hit Manning in the nose. They probably would have had him shot at half time. You KNOW there would have been a flag. EASILY a fine over $50,000. And the hit on Miller... If that guy doesn't get over $25,000, it will just prove my point (no flag on that either...)

I guess the crackdown is just against the Steelers...
                          "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Not to mention the hit that Heath Miller took.... Jesus Christ, that was bad....

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Wannstedt out after six seasons as Pitt coach

By ALAN ROBINSON The Associated Press
                              Tuesday, December 7, 2010; 4:48 PM

PITTSBURGH -- Dave Wannstedt is out as Pitt football coach following a disappointing season in which the Panthers were big favorites to win a weak Big East Conference, only to finish 7-5 and qualify for a minor bowl.

Pitt called a 5:30 p.m. EST news conference to announce that the former Bears and Dolphins coach was stepping down, under pressure from athletic director Steve Pederson. Wannstedt, highly respected by Pitt's administration, is expected to stay with the school in a non-coaching position.

Wannstedt's six-season tenure was marked by upset losses to teams such as Ohio University and Bowling Green and a failure to play in a BCS bowl.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Good. That hairlip motherfucker is a HORRIBLE coach that should never, ever, get another head coaching job anywhere.

Comment

Working...