Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Probably stole him from Pittsburgh, they may have went corner there.

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Miller still a good pick there, Ben will use him big time.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

They did steal him from Pittsburgh...well...they have some options here...they could surprise and go with a Cody...

they could go Khalif Barnes...they need a tackle...

or of course...Miller...who I'm not thrilled with...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

The question though Al...is his health for one...not thrilled with a sports hernia...

and will Pittsburgh use him?
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Well...I guess they'll have to use him now...won't they...

oh well...crap...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Both Codys are there for the taking in the second round...I wonder if anyone will try and move up...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Detroit did, Shaun Cody, DE, USC.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  The question though Al...is his health for one...not thrilled with a sports hernia...

and will Pittsburgh use him?
                  I don't like it, just DO NOT LIKE IT....

Who knows if they would have even taken Jones hadn't Jacksonville grabbed him at 21....

But I don't see using the #1 pick on the 2nd reincarnation of Mark Bruener, UNLESS they make a MAJOR revision to the offense to utilize the TE more, which I just don't see them doing....

As the Steelers' pick was getting closer, I was like you Poj, I was hoping for Cody from Oky.....

Well, I'd say either DE or OG in Round 2....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Clarett goes to Denver with #101 pick, the last of the 3rd round and of the first day.

Bell and Dayne out there in front of him.

About 3 rounds earlier than anyone thought he'd go.

Unreal.

Comment

• monkeythe
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Apr 2004

Imagine what Denver can do with a RB that had shown promise in college? They've taken a bunch of no names (except Portis) and made them stars. If Clarret can keep his head on straight, this could be the steal of the draft. Of course since we're dealing with Clarrett he could be the next Lawrence Phillips.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Still a questionable pick from Denver...

first they forfeit a fucking pick...

then they fucking use a pick on Clarett...at least 2 rounds before anyone else would have done it...

someone's going to take some serious heat for that...

and they don't even need a fucking back with Griffin and Bell there...

morons...

Comment

• redblkwht
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Chicago Bears picks
                          ---------------------------
                          Dont know much about Mark Bradley (WR) from OU..
                          Kinda wanted Brown over Benson, they say Benson is the second coming of Neal Anderson..if he is, that aint bad. any thoughts about these dudes? im not familiar with either..lol

go figure, Rogers fell in the lap of the Packers..hate em'
                          Last edited by redblkwht; 04-24-2005, 12:38 AM.

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Bradley from OSU?...Ohio State?...surely you didn't say OSU...and mean Oklahoma State...

Christ...never heard of him to be honest...

I liked Benson more than Brown...based on performance over three years...Benson may be more talented...but Cedric is a performer...fuck the combines...

Comment

• redblkwht
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Bears sold on Bradley's speed, toughness
                              By Larry Mayer
                              April 23, 2005

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Wide receiver Mark Bradley didn't have the gaudiest statistics at Oklahoma, but his tremendous speed, athleticism and toughness earned him a ticket to Chicago as the Bears' second-round draft pick.

Bradley initially lined up at cornerback when he transferred to Oklahoma from Arkansas-Pine Bluff in 2002, but he moved back to his natural receiver position in 2003 despite the presence of four other NFL prospects.

Getty Images
                              Seven of Mark Bradley's 23 receptions last season went for touchdowns.
                              Last season Bradley had 23 receptions for 491 yards and seven touchdowns while also excelling on special teams as a return man and gunner on the punt coverage team.

"Our game is speed and toughness and he has an abundance of both," said Bears general manager Jerry Angelo. We feel he'll find his niche here and are real comfortable with him."

Bradley improved his draft stock immeasurably during offseason workouts. He was timed at 4.34 and 4.37 in the 40-yard dash during his pro day at Oklahoma after running a 4.43 and impressing scouts with his route-running and pass-catching ability at the NFL combine.

"We were looking at the ceiling with him," Angelo said. "(But) it's not just about potential. This guy has played. He's done good things. We're very comfortable with him. In our eyes, he earned his stripes on the field. We didn't go just based on his combine numbers, which I thought were extraordinary."

At Pine Bluff High School in Arkansas, Bradley lined up as a receiver, quarterback, defensive back, punt returner and kick returner. In track, he set the state high-jump record at 7'4" and broke the state meet record in the long jump at 24'7½".

Bradley initially stayed close to home, playing two years at Arkansas-Pine Bluff before transferring to Oklahoma, where his father, David, was a standout quarterback from 1981-84.

After sitting out in 2002 due to transfer rules, Bradley played his final two seasons with the Sooners. As a junior, he caught 11 passes for 194 yards and 2 touchdowns while averaging an eye-popping 35.3 yards on seven kick returns.

Getty Images
                              Mark Bradley averaged 21.3 yards per catch in 2004 for Oklahoma.
                              Bradley earned more playing time as a senior despite competing at receiver with NFL prospects Mark Clayton, Brandon Jones, Will Peoples and Travis Wilson.

"We just liked the way he was growing and developing in the program," Angelo said, "and we felt that if he had another year left, as did his coaches, that the sky was the limit for him."

Bradley is excited about joining the Bears and eager to reunite with former Sooners teammate Tommie Harris in Chicago. Harris started all 16 games at defensive tackle for the Bears as a rookie last season after arriving as the 14th overall pick in the draft.

"It's a great feeling to know that Chicago picked me in the second round and really wants me to come out and be a threat as a receiver as well as a special teams player," Bradley said.

"For me to be able to be in Chicago along with an old teammate, and for him to show me around, it's a tremendous opportunity."

Bradley brings a speed element to the Bears receiving corps that is generally lacking with the exception of 2004 third-round pick Bernard Berrian.

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Yeah...Bradley from Oklahoma...I heard them talking about him on ESPN today in the first round...

they were saying he'd be a steal in the 2nd or 3rd...don't know anything about him other than that though...

OSU...lmfao...

Comment

Working...