Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

LeBron James...47 points...12 boards and 10 assists...

Talk about stepping up your game...

right now...he IS about as unstoppable as it gets...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

I still don't see another team in Vancouver..

I am done on this subject until there is some serious news...

Except to say, don't you think Stern is tired of the various scenarios with unstable franchises, with him having to play middle man between state, city, owner, and whoever else is involved?

He wants some problems to go away as soon as it is politically feasable, and the appearance of due diligence and exhaustive efforts to solve these problems.

In the end, he is looking for a more stable and foolproof model, namely, local ownership WITH STADIUM, and a diverse economic base in the host city hopefully with an NHL franchise to bolster the foundation.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        LeBron James...47 points...12 boards and 10 assists...

Talk about stepping up your game...

right now...he IS about as unstoppable as it gets...
        Just finished watching this...

What a game!

Flash with just about the same numbers.

Wade is on the Olympic team isn't he?

Crazy shit.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Yeah...I'm pretty sure Wade is on the Olympic team...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

IMO...it's a 3 man race for MVP...

1. Chauncey Billups
            2. Steve Nash
            3. Kobe Bryant

ALL NBA team...if they do it by position...

PG--Nash
            SG--Bryant
            SF--LeBron James
            PF--Elton Brand
            C--Dirk Nowitzki (I took liberties...I know he's not a center...but who the fuck else is there?)

If all were right in the world...

it would be Nash, Billups, Bryant, James and Brand (with Wade and Nowitzki right there)...

Not sure how they do it...

I think that it's a tossup right now between the three that I mentioned...and I'd say it's between the PG's...

but Kobe's really singlehandedly carrying the Lakers into the playoffs...

and putting up SICK numbers...

It should be interesting..

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

If the Lakers finish with 45+ wins somehow, Kobe deserves MVP, he's had a spectacular season. And guess what, he's making guys better, that fucking cliche. Look at Odom, look at Kwame Brown, both playing the best basketball in their careers the last month.

I think Yao actually deserves first team center, he's really stepped his game up since he came back from his injuries, and is a completely different player now. I was truly impressed by his play against the Lakers the other day.
              Last edited by Brett; 04-03-2006, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Switch84
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

DEETROIT BASKETBAALLLLLLL!!!

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                All I know is that the Pistons are beating the shit out of everybody!
                THAT'S RIGHT! Yesterday my Motor City B-ballers clinched home court advantage throughout THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS, BABEEE!!

The "Golden Grrl" is coming back to the "BIG MOTOR"!!!
                Last edited by Switch84; 04-03-2006, 07:26 PM.
                "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Brett
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: DEETROIT BASKETBAALLLLLLL!!!

Originally posted by Switch84
                  THAT'S RIGHT! Yesterday my Motor City B-ballers clinched home court advantage throughout THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS, BABEEE!!
                  No they haven't....just in the East they have.

Comment

• Switch84
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Re: Re: DEETROIT BASKETBAALLLLLLL!!!

Originally posted by Brett
                    No they haven't....just in the East they have.
                    The Eastern Conference is the ONLY conference, imo! It's definitely the strongest. What, you think the LA Losers can hang with the 'Big Motor', Miami, or Cleveland? That Hollywood Hype machine can't hang with the Knicks, baby...

San Antone will go the way of the Alamo.

Nuthin' but YEAH!!
                    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                    Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

I'd like to see KoBe get up to 35 ppg, just for posterity's sake.

That'd give him the 10th highest scoring average in an NBA season.

I see KoBe averaging over 30 ppp for the next few years as his teammates get better around him. If they can get another decent power forward, and a better bench, I think they could go far deeper in the playoffs.

Just imagine something like this...

PG - Parker
                      SG - KoBe
                      SF - Odom
                      PF - Garnett (I can dream)
                      C - Mihm

Then a bench with Brown, George, Turiaf, Walton, and a few others...

Comment

• Brett
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: DEETROIT BASKETBAALLLLLLL!!!

Originally posted by Switch84
                        The Eastern Conference is the ONLY conference, imo! It's definitely the strongest. What, you think the LA Losers can hang with the 'Big Motor', Miami, or Cleveland? That Hollywood Hype machine can't hang with the Knicks, baby...

San Antone will go the way of the Alamo.

Nuthin' but YEAH!!
                        The Lakers beat the Pistons this season, oh and Cleveland, Miami, and the Knicks twice.

You still don't know shit about the sport, it's sad you continue to comment. When you will you be off the Piston bandwagon, I doubt you were cheering when they were a last place team a few years back.

Yeah the East is real strong, that's why they have one title other than the Bulls in the last 15 years.
                        Last edited by Brett; 04-03-2006, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Brett
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

War, gonna have to give up Kwame or Mihm to get Garnett, along with Bynum...and with any luck, George.

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                            War, gonna have to give up Kwame or Mihm to get Garnett, along with Bynum...and with any luck, George.
                            I'd give up Kwame first, even though he's younger.

I'd give up Devean George as well, but I'm not sure about Bynum, although he may not be the wonder child some people make him out to be.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

I do agree with you...Brett...about Ming...forgot about him...

he's been damn good since the injury...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

MVP?

This game is a microcosm of why Nash is better for his team.

I don't buy the argument that Nash has better players to play with.

I like their team better than LA, but how many of these players are new.

Nash for MVP

Expert recap and game analysis of the Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Lakers NBA game from April 7, 2006 on ESPN.

PHOENIX (AP) -- Kobe Bryant can score all the points he wants as far as the Phoenix Suns are concerned, as long as they come away with the victory.

Bryant's 51 points weren't enough to keep the Suns from beating the Los Angeles Lakers for the seventh time in a row, 107-96, on Friday night in a matchup of potential first-round playoff opponents.

Steve Nash had 25 points and eight assists but was on the bench when the Suns pulled away with an 18-4 run to start the fourth quarter after Los Angeles had closed to within one.

The Suns pulled six games ahead of the second-place Los Angeles Clippers in the Pacific Division with seven to play. The Lakers, meanwhile, dropped into a tie with Sacramento for the No. 7 spot in the Western Conference.

Bryant, who made 19-of-33 shots, broke the U.S. Airways Center record of 50 held by Amare Stoudemire and Cliff Robinson. The former America West Arena opened in 1992.

"You feel like if he's taking all those shots, the other guys aren't really scoring," Nash said. "We don't feel like if he has a huge night, that we can't win, that's for sure."

Only two players have scored more against the Suns -- Wilt Chamberlain with 66 for the Lakers on Feb. 9, 1969, and Michael Jordan with 53 for Chicago on Jan. 21, 1989.

"Oh yeah?" Bryant said. "That's pretty good company -- excellent company."

Raja Bell, the Suns' best perimeter defender, is obviously no friend of Bryant. The two didn't shake hands before the game and never acknowledge each other, let alone speak.

"If I can keep him preoccupied with trying to beat me 1-on-1, then there are four other guys out there who aren't getting shots," Bell said. "That plays into our hands because we're going to get points. So if he gets 50 and the rest of the guys don't get enough to beat us, I did my job."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Bryant was motivated after a lackluster game against Bell the last time in Phoenix.

"At some level, it's remarkable," Jackson said of Bryant's 93 points on consecutive nights. "At another level, it limits us, it hackles us a little bit because other players don't get in the flow, and they didn't get in the flow tonight."
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...