Bunch of pussies at the forum!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fabulous Shadow

GEEZE some of you guys are moderators and Brett you run a board of your own! Can you take this to the right forum so the rest of us can get back to enjoying the ass kickin!

Comment

• seenbad
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

anyways, five, you actually think shaq has been a force that's helped the lakers this year? ugh. He was HORRIBLE this year. Just the amount of potential that he left behind last year should embarass the punk ass out of the league. MAJOR under achiever. If there was an award for that, you just know he'd win it.
      sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

LMFAO...this thread was killing me...wondering what the fuck it was doing in here...

impressive ignorance on everyones part to save a thread and move it to the appropriate place...

Now onto business...

I think it's an incredible statement that Shaq isn't even considered a threat at the end of a close game because of his free throw shooting...just an incredible statement...

I was watching that game on Sunday...knowing that the only way LA could slow SA down was to get the ball into the post...which they couldn't do because Shaq would have killed them...they put Bowen on Kobe...and he didn't smother him...but when you are losing momentum...Bowen is incredible at forcing you to take bad shots...shots out of the norm...

The Lakers only shot in this damn series is to get a big lead in the fourth...or pray that Kobe will slice and dice them with a great defender on him...

Any thoughts on this free throw business...I mean...you hear tons of philosophies on why he blows...from laziness (which I can't fathom...I can't fathom that O'Neil doesn't work on his shot like mad)...to psyche...to arc...to health...

Obviously...anyone in the sports business knows that it's more than likely psyche...with pieces of all the other crap...

It's incredible to me to fathom that Shaq is a liability at the end of a game...hardly the sign of one of the greats of all time...which he is arguably considered...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• thefive

Yeah that is strange Lou. But I am still enjoying b-ball.

Comment

• thefive

You guys are tripping me out what your saying about Shaq. And Brett now you admit he doesn't suck. flippin LOL Shaq rules!!!!! Dave is a Shaq fan too.

Comment

• seenbad
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Any thoughts on this free throw business...I mean...you hear tons of philosophies on why he blows...from laziness (which I can't fathom...I can't fathom that O'Neil doesn't work on his shot like mad)...to psyche...to arc...to health...

Obviously...anyone in the sports business knows that it's more than likely psyche...with pieces of all the other crap...

[/B]
              I would attribute it mostly to laziness. The fact is, he was way better the last two years. He sucks now. What that means is that the potential is there. He's done it before. If he's done it before then why wouldn't he be able to do it again? He's lacking the discipline necessary to bring himself back to that level. He had a special coach specifically for that last year if I remember correctly. It seemed to be working. I remember games where he would hit 70 percent. You could go to a guy at the end of a game with that percentage. Not 20. He blows.
              sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

lmfao...

Yeah...I haven't heard much about it...the special coach...this year...which leads me believe that he doesn't do it...

Hell Seen...50% would be alright to goto at the end of the game...

fucking 20 though...pathetic...just pathetic...

I think you are seeing what happens when the fat get fatter...

he's got his freaking rings...the extra effort is gone...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Lou

I don't know, it seems like Shaq hasn't shown up for the regular season and has just winged it since his first championship. That first championship year 1999-00 when they went 67-15 or whatever, they were dominant (although lucky against Portland when Portland CHOKED big time). Then in 2001 they half-assed the regular season but truly dominated the playoffs. 2002 again, they half-assed it and got lucky when Horry hit the game-winner against Sacramento. 2003 they winged it and it finally caught up with them. This year, they winged it again--4 straight years--and guess what, it'll catch up with them again.

Shaq and the Lakers just have this disregard for the regular season. The Lakers and him used to be good enough to take it light during the regular season and then just turn it on in the playoffs but they're not anymore. I think Shaq is out of shape to tell you the truth, I don't think he's been that well conditioned the last couple of years. So to sum it up--yeah he got lazy. You just can't keep half-assing the regular season and then expect to be fine for the playoffs.

Comment

• thefive

But remember that Dave is a Shaq fan.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Interesting topic transition fellas, what's next, the Middle East ??
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Rumor has it Va...sand...lots of sand...

but they can shoot free throws...

Comment

• Brett
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Shaq swears he practices his free throws, in fact players have said he stays after and shoots 200-300 of them. I don't get it it. He has regressed so badly this season.

Comment

• Lou

Yeah but does he practice them correctly? That might be the problem. He never seems to have a consistent shooting stance or technique.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Brett
                              Shaq swears he practices his free throws, in fact players have said he stays after and shoots 200-300 of them. I don't get it it. He has regressed so badly this season.
                              Yeah...I heard that as well...the story really hasn't changed from year to year though...

who knows what it is...and at this stage of his career...I don't think it's ever going to change...

it really puts the Lakers at a disadvantage as the game wears on...

who would have ever thunk that Tony Parker would be eating up Payton...

This could be his coming out party...

Comment

• Brett
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Gary Payton is a whiny crybaby, dude sulks all game long. He can't even keep Parker in front of him. It's pretty sad when Derek Fisher is a better alternative than Gary Payton.

The Lakers are famous for letting average point guards look like the second-coming of MJ. Mike Bibby, Tony Parker come to mind.

I said before, Shaq's inability to make free throws makes him pretty useless on the court in the final minutes of games, because you absolutely cannot go to him anymore.

Comment

Working...