X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

I just don't know what happened to Dawson, really. I remember the Thomas Adamek fight when he looked utterly sensational. Since then he's been a head scrather: he has all the tools, but doesn't deliver.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
      I just don't know what happened to Dawson, really. I remember the Thomas Adamek fight when he looked utterly sensational. Since then he's been a head scrather: he has all the tools, but doesn't deliver.
      Yeah, he showed early promise, but something about him is off now, plus he comes off like a angry child sometimes.

Oh, and I'll take Mayweather by UD...IF he doesn't do a Diego Corrales-style number on Cotto necessitating a stoppage ...
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

Since my last several picks have not come to fruition and i have nothing to lose at this point, including my pride, i will go out on a limb and and pick Floyd by majority decision. My thinking is that the fight may be close enough for another referee to score it as badly as the one judge in the Dawson-BHop fight. Who knows, maybe one of the judges will be in the bag for Cotto. Also, on the Alverez-Mosely fight i will pick Alverez by UD. I don't see Shane getting stopped but i don't see the fight being close either. He was able to knock Floyd down once so i suppose the chance exists for Shane to land a solid punch that could get Alverez into some trouble. Shane could theoretically poor it on and get a controversial stoppage. That is the only danger is see.
        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Floyd didn't knock Floyd down - he rocked him, and it was the only decent punch he landed.

Shane is an ATG. He is also made for Mexicans, but Alvarez does things differently to most Mexicans - I expect Alvarez to step up. However, Shane always looks good against guys who come to fight and are there to be hit. He may have been on the back foot against Pacman, but Manny didn't really do much to him after rd 4.

In short, Shane may be old (and the loss to Mayweather ruined him mentally). I expect him to lose a UD, but I'd not be shocked if he beats Alvarez - this is a step up for the kid.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

by a punch, Mayweather has only been knocked down by Zab Judah.His glove touched the ground but it was not counted.It is debatable if he took a knee against Carlos Hernandez .Chop Chop Corley had him on the ropes.But no he has never "officially" been knocked down
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

right people , had a look at the betting for these two fights and the odds are terrible both mayweather and alvez are hardly worth betting on its such a sure thing. unless you pick rounds but here goes.

DB,Binnie , Jhale and Sonrisa all went for a mayweather points win that is 1/7 meaning if you bet a dollar you get a dollar back and a couple of cents.
              I fancy mayweather to win in the 9th round .. that is 12/1 that would give me 13 dollars if i win.

The alvarez Mosley fight is 1/12 alvarez to win , we all went for a alvarez points win .. which means we would all just about get our money back .....

so if you wanna break the virtual bank your gonna have to risk it on rounds or wait to make ya fortune on a fight were the bookies arent so sure of the outcome ....
              Tho this sunday morning when cotto and sugar are in the winners enclosure and were all eating our words we can always start again with the next fight.
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I will be happy to get my money back.It is the taking part that counts

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

cool

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

Floyd didn't knock Floyd down - he rocked him, and it was the only decent punch he landed.

Shane is an ATG. He is also made for Mexicans, but Alvarez does things differently to most Mexicans - I expect Alvarez to step up. However, Shane always looks good against guys who come to fight and are there to be hit. He may have been on the back foot against Pacman, but Manny didn't really do much to him after rd 4.

In short, Shane may be old (and the loss to Mayweather ruined him mentally). I expect him to lose a UD, but I'd not be shocked if he beats Alvarez - this is a step up for the kid.
                    My apologies. I could have sworn Shane hit him and Floyd fell on his rear causing the referee to count. Maybe i'm getting older than i thought.
                    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                      My apologies. I could have sworn Shane hit him and Floyd fell on his rear causing the referee to count. Maybe i'm getting older than i thought.
                      Nope, Shane rocked him, Floyd wobbled for a nanosecond, tied up until he recovered, adjusted and proceeded to humiliate Mosely.
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

The binnie breakdown: Mayweather - Cotto

Lets get one thing clear from the get-go: Mayweather is justifiably the favourite here, but this is not the same Miguel Cotto who fought Manny Pacquiao. I say that for two reason (neither of which are intended to diminish Pacman's sensational performance on that night): 1) 9lbs is a BIG difference in boxing - it relates to power, endurance and stamina; 2) Cotto will be mentally stronger since revenging himself against Antonio Margaritto. Consequently, we should expect Cotto to be much physically stronger than Floyd and to stalk him - relentlessly - all night.

That being said, even with those advantages, you'd have to say that he's up against it. Lets look at his post-Pacman fights. Firstly, moving up to 154 to beat previously unbeaten Yuri Forman: a decent - if lacking in punching power - champ. Then, a really tought fight with a VERY shopworn Ricardo Mayorga. And then the victory over Margarrtto. A winning streak is all well and good, but beating a guy who was good not great, a guy who was shot, and a guy who was fighting after a long layoff and with a fractured eye socket have to make us question whether Cotto has been flattered by his oppositin at 154. Against Margaritto he avoided getting mashed up to the same extent, but I'm not so sure we can read all that much into that - it was more a case of Cotto fighting smart by keeping off the ropes and circling rather than retreating in lines (those stopping Margo's weight going into the punches). But by round 9 (after which it was stopped on account of Margo's eye) the tide was turning as Cotto gassed and it's conceivable that had it gone 12 rounds Cotto would have been pummelled in round 10, 11, and 12. What I'm saying is that improvements aside, the pattern of the fight was in many ways similar to the first.

Mayweather will frustrate Cotto - as he does everyone else - by being difficult to hit. Ortiz was younger and faster, and he missed most of the night. Add into that the fact that Cotto has always been easy to hit - look at the connect rate percentages for his fights and you'll see that they're often worryingly high - and you can't help but conclude that Floyd should land at will. There are, of course, some intangibles - will Cotto's left hooks be useful against Floyd's shoulder-roll stance (which is most open to the left)? Will Floyd be slower at 154? But do we really think they're significant enough?

Cotto will stalk, stalk, stalk and the first 5 round might be close. But expect Floyd to pot-shot and then take over in the remaining half of the fight for a UD. Cotto is too strong at 154 to be stopped by Floyd in the way he normally fights.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

The binnie breakdown: Mayweather - Cotto

Lets get one thing clear from the get-go: Mayweather is justifiably the favourite here, but this is not the same Miguel Cotto who fought Manny Pacquiao. I say that for two reason (neither of which are intended to diminish Pacman's sensational performance on that night): 1) 9lbs is a BIG difference in boxing - it relates to power, endurance and stamina; 2) Cotto will be mentally stronger since revenging himself against Antonio Margaritto. Consequently, we should expect Cotto to be much physically stronger than Floyd and to stalk him - relentlessly - all night.

That being said, even with those advantages, you'd have to say that he's up against it. Lets look at his post-Pacman fights. Firstly, moving up to 154 to beat previously unbeaten Yuri Forman: a decent - if lacking in punching power - champ. Then, a really tought fight with a VERY shopworn Ricardo Mayorga. And then the victory over Margarrtto. A winning streak is all well and good, but beating a guy who was good not great, a guy who was shot, and a guy who was fighting after a long layoff and with a fractured eye socket have to make us question whether Cotto has been flattered by his oppositin at 154. Against Margaritto he avoided getting mashed up to the same extent, but I'm not so sure we can read all that much into that - it was more a case of Cotto fighting smart by keeping off the ropes and circling rather than retreating in lines (those stopping Margo's weight going into the punches). But by round 9 (after which it was stopped on account of Margo's eye) the tide was turning as Cotto gassed and it's conceivable that had it gone 12 rounds Cotto would have been pummelled in round 10, 11, and 12. What I'm saying is that improvements aside, the pattern of the fight was in many ways similar to the first.

Mayweather will frustrate Cotto - as he does everyone else - by being difficult to hit. Ortiz was younger and faster, and he missed most of the night. Add into that the fact that Cotto has always been easy to hit - look at the connect rate percentages for his fights and you'll see that they're often worryingly high - and you can't help but conclude that Floyd should land at will. There are, of course, some intangibles - will Cotto's left hooks be useful against Floyd's shoulder-roll stance (which is most open to the left)? Will Floyd be slower at 154? But do we really think they're significant enough?

Cotto will stalk, stalk, stalk and the first 5 round might be close. But expect Floyd to pot-shot and then take over in the remaining half of the fight for a UD. Cotto is too strong at 154 to be stopped by Floyd in the way he normally fights.
                          Think you've pretty much called it - I don't see Cotto winning unless he lands something lucky. It may be a tough fight for the first few rounds, but I'm betting Mayweather will adjust to anything Cotto throws at him and will pick him apart in the later rounds to win by UD.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

loving The binnie breakdown.Is this going to be a regular thing?

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Am with DB go for it binnie

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006