X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
    Nah, Floyd took the most dangerous fight offered to him at that time. People need to give him some credit for that.
    No doubt. Floyd changes people inside that squared circle. That's why Teddy Atlas calls it the "chamber of truth. "
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Deontay Wilder fights Malik Scott this weekend on the undercard of Danny Garcia's next title defense.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

I think that's a good fight. Wilder is a massive puncher, but sometimes big punchers get exposed when they step up in competition - they've relied solely on their power to the detriment of fundamental skills, and better fighters can exploit that.

Malik Scott is no world beater, but he's considerably better than most of Wilder's competition thus far. I expect a Wilder victory, but I'll be intrigued to see how he looks in getting that victory.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

I like wilder , don't see his fights Not being exciting
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Well, Wilder KO'd Scott in the first round.

Some people are saying Scott took a dive (the KO was not dramatic) but it looked to me like a well timed temple shot did him.

I'd really like to Wilder get some better opposition now: Eddie Chambers, Stiverene, Arreola would all be good options.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Well, Wilder KO'd Scott in the first round.

Some people are saying Scott took a dive (the KO was not dramatic) but it looked to me like a well timed temple shot did him.

I'd really like to Wilder get some better opposition now: Eddie Chambers, Stiverene, Arreola would all be good options.
              The winner of the Wilder/Scott fight is supposed to be the mandatory for the Stiverene/Arreola title fight winner.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Let's hope it plays out that way (although I still think that Wilder should be progressed with caution...........)

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Let's hope it plays out that way (although I still think that Wilder should be progressed with caution...........)

Maybe they can put him in against that Ukranian guy that jabbed Adamek to death last weekend.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Here's a list of guys I'd think about matching him with:

Tony Thompson
                    Derreck Chisora
                    Shannon Briggs

If he beats up guys like that, I'd start thinking about Povetkin and Arreola, and then move towards a title.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

I finally caught the wilder fight , funny one to call, the punch seemed a little suspect. Or the guys
                      Heart was suspect . It just didn't seem enough to finish the guy off .
                      But hey wilders a big lad and am guessing those sort of punches hurt

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

I would like him in with a Tyson fury type , get him in with a another big muscly fighter . Someone who can throw punches back .

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          I finally caught the wilder fight , funny one to call, the punch seemed a little suspect. Or the guys
                          Heart was suspect . It just didn't seem enough to finish the guy off .
                          But hey wilders a big lad and am guessing those sort of punches hurt
                          I think the left to the temple completely dazed him. Wilder is clearly a puncher, and sometimes punches that look like nothing when they land on the sweet spot, it's game over.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

So, Pacquiao-Bradley II is coming up soon.

I am curious to know what people think about this fight........

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Amir Khan is fighting Louis Collazo on the Mayweather undercard.

Intriguing fight for his handlers to pick. A career welterwight (i.e. naturally bigger than Khan) who is also a southpaw, and know for being awkward. If Khan loses, he's absolutely fucked career wise - I don't think he will, but it's quite a risk.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Amir Khan is fighting Louis Collazo on the Mayweather undercard.

Intriguing fight for his handlers to pick. A career welterwight (i.e. naturally bigger than Khan) who is also a southpaw, and know for being awkward. If Khan loses, he's absolutely fucked career wise - I don't think he will, but it's quite a risk.
                                I just read that , could my a bit naughty . He always seemed to have one eye on the mayweather fight . Crazy fool lol

Comment

Working...