Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Yeah, I heard this today as well, and think it's supremely smart on his part. If he resigns with the Cavs, he'll make a shitload. If he doesn't, it will for sure be a sign and trade for a HUGE amount.

Smart move.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Not just smart for LeBron, but a nice subtle pressure ploy to keep the Cavs from sitting on their hands and keep improving the team.

He has money, he has fame ... sooner or later ... the ring is going to become paramount to his legacy. He cannot go without winning a championship in his career.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Well...it will be interesting...

David Robinson and Larry Hughes are not the same guy...lmfao...

the Cavs aren't far...but they aren't close either...

and I do think the Bulls next year at least, will be ahead of them, unless they do something interesting...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Here's the thing though...

the report doesn't seem to fit very well with reality...

According to the new collective bargaining agreement reached last year, contracts of fewer than five years cannot have opt-out clauses, referred to as ``early termination options.''

ESPN also reported that James' strategy would be tied to a new collective bargaining agreement in 2011. But the current agreement actually runs through 2012.

James' contract might indeed have an opt-out clause after the fourth year, meaning he could be a free agent in 2011.

So now it's interesting again...lmfao...

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

"Talked with our boy Dennis as a party today and he said he has not been this excited for a squad in a long time. He said that if anyone asks you who your starting QB is you say with much confidence 'CHARLIE FRYE.' He said Charlie looks fantastic in practice and he has much confidence ih him. Winslow needs double teams during drills and is a monster waiting to eat prey. He was ridiculously psyched about the O-Line, the defense that Romeo is building, and what Savage is up to. Edwards is still rehabing and wil be for awhile.

It was heartening to hear a veteran starter feel excited about the team. Who knows what will happen, but always nice to start off on a positive and optimistic foot. Go Get 'Em Brownies!"

From a Browns Board.

Winslow? the guy we picked INSTEAD of Roethlisberger, He better be doing that shit, or else he'll be a huge bust.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
              Not just smart for LeBron, but a nice subtle pressure ploy to keep the Cavs from sitting on their hands and keep improving the team.

Dan Gilbert is no Gordon Gund...and even better, he's no Larry Dolan.

Gilbert has already shown he's not afraid to spend money. the Cavs plan to build a practice center in the 'burbs, and Gilbert has made a shitload of improvements to the arena (which is what, just over ten years old?)

guy wants to win, and he's going for it. he's Mark Cuban without the ego.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

OK, Frye is the starter, but if he goes down, "fucked" is not a strong enough word to describe the Browns' situation.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Vinny Testeverde?

Be better off sticking with Dorsey.

Edwards' injury was much worse than I thought.

The Browns need some luck change.

Hey Poj, lots of those Michigan boys seem to play for the Steelers through the years. Or guys like the Bus, who was just born in Michigan.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Like Pojo said though ... a board monster and another marksman from 3.

In all honesty, I would have rather seen Wallace go to Cleveland than the Bulls.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I agree 100% twona...I saw that article, and Gilbert is starting to turn heads around the league I think.

With Lebron in tow, two years.

Gilbert will do whatever it takes, and not hurt the team with a Cuban-like ego.

Gilbert may turn into the perfect owner, if he can get the title.

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

Tim Couch was getting interviewed for News Channel 5, He's not returning anytime soon, He did say the weirdest thing at the end of the clip "I love the Browns, I'm STILL a Browns Fan."

That is rather funny considering a lot of people are not to huge on him here.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

this just in....

Flip Murray is going to Detroit.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Yeah...I saw that earlier today...

and it looks like we are going to sign David Wesley...

Didn't he help kill former Cav Bobby Phills drag racing?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Sign and Trade to the Bulls?

Drew Gooden and Eric Snow or Damon Jones to the Bulls for Mike Sweetney and Ben Gordon (or Chris Duhon)...

might be a possibility.

Gooden wants 6 years and 60 million...which is fucking ridiculous. Fucking Denver fucks...signing fucking Nene...who played what...4 fucking games...to that deal...

fucking cunts...

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

Winslow has learned, is ready to move on Written by Terry Pluto, Ohio.com
                                Tuesday, 01 August 2006
                                BEREA - Two years later, Kellen Winslow wants to start over, and he's earning the chance to do just that.

Winslow made some young, dumb and dangerous decisions. You know the story, from his inflammatory, ego-driven comments at the University of Miami to his stormy holdout with the Browns to the motorcycle accident in the spring of 2005.

Part of the Winslow bravado is still there. He says his knee is ``90 percent'' back from multiple surgeries, but his 90 percent is still better than any other tight end.

``He told me that his hands are 99 percent,'' Browns quarterback Charlie Frye said.

Frye laughed and told Winslow that he wants to see it come game time. Prove it by catching everything thrown your way, seems to be Frye's challenge.

Understand that Frye and Winslow have bonded. They have spent hours in the weight room and have gone to events such as Cavaliers games.

It's a smart move for both of them.

Frye is a fierce worker, but says Winslow is even more determined: ``He does something every day. He had me in there on Saturday and Sunday, too.''

Winslow talked about how he had never heard of Frye.

``I'm from San Diego, went to Miami. He's from Akron. Like, who is this guy?''

Now, they are close. Real close. It's wonderful to see, the white quarterback from rural Willard, Ohio, and the black tight end from Southern California. Sports can fuel some of the most remarkable friendships.

``Charlie is awesome,'' Winslow said.

Winslow said he not only has given up motorcycles, but other off-the-field things that would put his career at risk. That has been Frye's approach for his entire life, because Frye always knew his edge was slight.

Frye knew Winslow needed a friend, especially after the motorcycle accident when the tight end ripped up his knee, bruised his liver and came very close to ending his career after a grand total of two pro games.

Fans were outraged; the team shocked and disappointed.

It seemed another indication that Winslow was arrogant and reckless, that he had little regard for the franchise that made him the No. 6 pick in the 2004 draft and one of the highest-paid players on the team.

Winslow remains a remarkable physical specimen, a 6-foot-4, 248-pound tight end quick enough to line up sometimes at wide receiver. He does have terrific hands, and the kind of speed that can take a 5-yard pass and turn it into a 20-yard gain.

``Kellen can be a wide receiver, he can be a tight end, he can be a defensive end,'' Frye said. ``He's that good of a player. He wants to show it more than ever, because everyone has doubted him. I think he'll have a breakout year.''

Frye and Winslow have moved into the same foxhole of dealing with doubters.

Frye is a 2005 third-round draft pick from the University of Akron with an arm questioned by some scouts. There are huge question marks about his ability to be a starting NFL quarterback.

``The thing about Charlie is nothing shakes him,'' said Winslow, and he considers that to be high praise.

As for Winslow, his injuries were serious. Only an athlete who is the son of a hall of fame tight end and who is physically blessed could come back from the knee and other problems.

The Browns have to be careful with Winslow, because the knee is still healing. Some days, it will be weaker than others.

He will need to be patient with himself, and Frye can help. Neither of these guys need to feel any more pressure. Both know they are in the center of the sometimes unforgiving spotlight of playing key positions for the Browns.

Both just want to get on with it.

As Winslow said, ``It's all hype right now... I'm sick of talking about what I'm going to do... (I'm) tired of hearing what potential I have.''

So are the fans. Now, it's time for everyone to actually see these guys play.

Comment

Working...