• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

those fuckin' guys...

motivation for next week: they play Mangina's old team.

friend of mine bought a co-worker's tickets, trying to decide if i want to go. first row in the upper deck, 40 yard line.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

shit, why not go, twona?

I'm not talkin' playoffs, but if nothing else, they look like a real football team this year. Those are great seats, btw. And at least it's not freeze-your-testicles-off weather yet.
      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

How about those Cavaliers...

3-3...

Man...I can't wait until December 2. I don't think we have a shot in hell of winning...

but I just can't wait for the fucking reaction...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

yeah, but early Monday they were 3-3 and at the top of the division. still are top of the division, just tied with Chicago.

back to back games with NJ this week, we'll see how that goes.

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
          shit, why not go, twona?

I'm not talkin' playoffs, but if nothing else, they look like a real football team this year. Those are great seats, btw. And at least it's not freeze-your-testicles-off weather yet.
          i guess the guy he bought the tickets from wants to go now, so i'm off the hook. tickets and money were exchanged on Friday, and the guy decided to buy one back after the win over the Patriots.
          Last edited by twonabomber; 11-09-2010, 03:34 AM.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

I think I read that, as of Monday, if the playoffs started today... the Cavs would be the 4-seed, and the Heat would be the 5-seed. Ha!

We know that won't hold. A 1-8 matchup seems more likely...

12/2 should be interesting. I just want to see the crowd boo everytime he touches the ball...even if its a 20-pt game in the 4th qtr

of course, ideally, he'd get a standing ovation.....

....after he tears up his knee

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
              of course, ideally, he'd get a standing ovation.....

....after he tears up his knee
              My wife just said..."Wouldn't you love to have tickets to the game..."

I said no...

I swear to christ...I'd end up in jail...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Cavs are about to go 4-3...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

tough, tough loss for the Browns today. great drive by Colt to tie the game in the closing minute.

but Stuckey's fumble cost the game.

some folks will rip Mangini for throwing the ball deep in their own end, but I don't think you can play for the tie. gotta try to win it...

Comment

• lesfunk
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Epic game today. Too bad the Fuckin Jets won.
                    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Well...time to warm this fucking thing up for the big game this week.

The Cavs are 7-9, and to be honest, it's not worse than I thought it would be...

They'll be playing the Miami Heat this week. The Heat? 9-8, and shit is hitting the fan...complete with LeDouche shouldering their coach while walking to the bench. Miami is saying no big deal. I say, he does that to Phil or Pat, and he's benched and suspended. Eric Spo is in troube, because the big three are whining like the spoiled bitches they are.

Poor Spo...

Let me tell you...if the Cavs beat the Heat on Thursday, Spo is gone...

Fuck you 'Bron...you deserve everything you fucking get. I hope Riley does come back. He doesn't want to coach...no fucking way...but he'll come back...have fun with that too.

Bunch of fucking South Beach douchebags...

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Fuck Miami. It's a fucking Cuban refugee infested shithole anyway.

I hope Lamebrain never wins a championship.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2009

I can't stand the Cavs and I'll be one of their biggest fans when they play the CHeat. Fuck Lebron and his big bitch Bosh, the more they lose the more I laugh my ass off.

Comment

• Bob_R
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Not a big basketball fan but I dislike LeBron. Hope the Cavs kick some ass!
                            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Seriously...you can't make this shit up...

Fucking bunch of bitches...

Sources: Erik Spoelstra frustrating Heat

By Chris Broussard
                              ESPN The Magazine
                              Archive

The Miami Heat's players are frustrated with Erik Spoelstra and some are questioning whether he is the right coach for their team, according to people close to the situation.

With the ballyhooed Heat losing four of their last five games and sporting a mediocre 9-8 record, the players are privately grumbling about Spoelstra on several fronts.

Sources say the players believe he is not letting them be themselves, that they are questioning his offensive strategies, and that they think he is panicking because he fears losing his job.

In contrast to the popular view that Spoelstra has been hesitant to jump on superstars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, sources say the Heat coach has shown no fear in criticizing them.

Exhibit A was a recent shootaround in which Spoelstra told James that he had to get more serious. The source said Spoelstra called James out in front of the entire team, telling him, "I can't tell when you're serious."

"He's jumping on them," one source said. "If anything, he's been too tough on them. Everybody knows LeBron is playful and likes to joke around, but Spoelstra told him in front of the whole team that he has to get more serious. The players couldn't believe it. They feel like Spoelstra's not letting them be themselves."

It is not known whether the players voiced their concerns about Spoelstra during their players-only meeting following Saturday's loss at Dallas. Nor is it apparent whether the bump between James and Spoelstra during a timeout in that game was accidental or a result of tension between the two.

Regardless, the players also believe Spoelstra's offensive strategies have been too simplistic, according to the sources. They feel like he is running nothing but pick-and-rolls and telling the Heat's secondary players to find open spots on the floor for catch-and-shoot jumpers.

The sources said the players also think the constant speculation about Spoelstra's job security is getting to the third-year coach and that he has resorted to nitpicking over minor details because of it.

"He's not a motivator," one of the sources said. "Instead of coaching he's at the point where the players are starting to sense that he's fearing for his job."

While the players are having their doubts about Spoelstra, it is not clear whether they want team president Pat Riley to coach them. Several people close to the situation said Wade definitely does not want Riley to come down to the sidelines. Sources also said that while recruiting players this past summer, Riley insisted that he would not coach the team.

"Riley kept saying 'Spoelstra's a good coach and he'll grow into a great coach'," a source said. "He said he got his coaching break [with the Los Angeles Lakers] around the same age as Spoelstra got his."

It is widely believed that Riley does not want to coach this season. However, one source said that privately Riley has at times been critical of the Heat's game-planning.

While expectations around the league have started to lessen for the Heat because of their struggles, the sources said the players still have a championship-or-bust mentality for this season and that they are open to whatever changes are necessary to get there.

While the players think that may mean a coaching change, one member of the Heat organization said the team is suffering from a lack of leadership from the players, not the coach.

"They don't want to step on each other's toes," the person said. "There's no leader on the team. Somebody has to speak up and be the leader on the team. They can't be afraid to step on people's toes. They need a vocal leader who's going to make everybody accountable. I don't think it's on the coach. It's on the players."
                              The Miami Heat's players are frustrated with Erik Spoelstra and some are questioning whether he is the right coach for their team, according to people close to the situation.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Local scuttlebutt has December 15 as the day Riley steps in, which will solve nothing. They are over matched in so many areas, and James refuses to man up as a point guard. Three (OK, 2 1/2) marquee players are not enough to win. Look at Boston, who were smart enough to have Rajon Rondo to compliment things. Who have the Heat got? With no big presence, they are getting clobbered deep. Even Shaq would look good at this point.

On the other hand, I'm enjoying watching these egotistical blowhards squirm. Serves them right. Oh Yes we did my ass.
                                Last edited by chefcraig; 11-29-2010, 10:44 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...