Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damngoodtimes
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

well, the fix was in with putting TCU and Boise at the kiddie table. you know Mike Slive had a chat with his "bowl partners" about not letting something like last year's Utah whipping of Bama happen again.

but, with the Mtn West about to run the table in their bowl games, they are getting harder to ignore. granted, they don't play the same slate of competition as the Big 10 or SEC does in their bowls, but they have a couple good wins over Cal and Oregon St.

the MWC is probably every bit as good as the Big East or ACC right now
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      This isn't really a surprise, is it?
      Hell no, in fact I think Pitt should feel fortunate they choked against Cincy, or they would have gotten the same ass-kicking.....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Classy Florida, way to leave your starters in that game well after the game was taken care of.

Would expect nothing less from those arrogant douche bags though.

Seriously, Meyer, they can go on and on about how him and Tebow are these great people and such, but I've seriously not seen folks with the lack of class these guys have.

The worst part is they are able to escape all criticism by hiding behind a bible.

This is why I'm proud to have The Vest leading things as our school, he's a class act on and off the field, he doesn't need to constantly remind everyone about "what bible verse he likes today", and then proceed to have his players talk trash like idiots, and run up the score.

I hate Florida, Can't wait until they are moved back down to being the third-tier team they've always been prior to 2006
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Unchainme
          Classy Florida, way to leave your starters in that game well after the game was taken care of.

Would expect nothing less from those arrogant douche bags though.

Seriously, Meyer, they can go on and on about how him and Tebow are these great people and such, but I've seriously not seen folks with the lack of class these guys have.
          Oh, I have....remember when Miami was good? Fucking bastards.

I can't wait for Tebow to be drafted as a linebacker. Everyone seems to be looking for the next Mike Vick, without the dogs, and there just hasn't been one.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

after Northwestern's meltdown, I didn't think the SEC could get much luckier.

until Arkansas and that dirtbag fuck Bobby Petrino get a gift-wrapped win courtesy the ECU kicker.

tie game, 1 minute left, 37-yarder from the right hash. he hooks it off the left upright.

Arkansas gets the ball and not only does nothing with it, but they don't even keep the clock moving, so ECU gets it back in good position after a punt.

Pirates get it in position with 2 seconds left, 37-yarder, right hash. deja vu, all over again. determined not to hook it, the kid pushes it right. it never had a chance.

game goes to OT. ECU blows a couple shots at the TD, so they line up for the FG. 34 yards, left hash this time. kid pulls it to the left.

Arkansas makes the FG to win in OT.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Yeah...tell me that kicker doesn't want to crawl in a hole for the rest of his life...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Little Texan
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                after Northwestern's meltdown, I didn't think the SEC could get much luckier.

until Arkansas and that dirtbag fuck Bobby Petrino get a gift-wrapped win courtesy the ECU kicker.

tie game, 1 minute left, 37-yarder from the right hash. he hooks it off the left upright.

Arkansas gets the ball and not only does nothing with it, but they don't even keep the clock moving, so ECU gets it back in good position after a punt.

Pirates get it in position with 2 seconds left, 37-yarder, right hash. deja vu, all over again. determined not to hook it, the kid pushes it right. it never had a chance.

game goes to OT. ECU blows a couple shots at the TD, so they line up for the FG. 34 yards, left hash this time. kid pulls it to the left.

Arkansas makes the FG to win in OT.
                That kicker attended the Nick Folk Field Goal Kicking Camp in the offseason.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

big win for Iowa last night. although I was pulling for the locals, the Iowa win capped off a great bowl season for the Big Ten.

I think the Big Ten was clearly the dominant conference during the bowls this year as their top four teams knocked off #'s 7, 9, 12, and 15 in the final regular season rankings after being underdogs in all four games.

after tomorrow night's game, 7 of the top 15 will have lost their bowl game. That's 4 out of 7 falling victim to Big 10 teams. pretty impressive.

maybe us native Midwesterners should start chanting "Big Ten" after victories like these SEC idiots. (....let's not)

from a practical standpoint, it will improve the Big Ten preseason rankings next year, thus improving my Bucks' perceived SOS. it also allows an opportunity to win the inevitable beauty-contest tie-breaker between either undefeated or one-loss teams that happens every year for the BCS title game. the Bucks had no chance in that regard after 06 and 07, until this bowl season. this is the only justifiable reason to pull for your conference rivals. but there's still no way I pull for Michigan - any place, any time.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

time to start talking Bama vs. Texas for tomorrow night.

who does everyone have? I've been leaning toward Texas, probably due to the overwhelming historic trend in favor of the #2 team. I think motivation, (perceived or real) lack of respect, big heads due to constant praise, etc are all HUGE factors for 20-year-olds. which is why #2 tends to fair better.

but if Bama's stellar defense can repeat Nebraska's effort, I don't see the Horns being able to hold the Tide under 14 pts or so. McCoy's gonna need to put 20-24 points up on that D for Texas to win.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they do it. Texas, 24-20.

alright, guys, step up...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Well fuck, with McCoy out of the game...not much to watch after it looked like Texas was going to role because of idiot calls and fumbles...

Now Texas making a bit of a run...

but has to punt after an onside kick...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I'm not one to say that Colt McCoy shouldn't play, to ensure a big paycheck...but...

...it sure looks like he can play...if it turns out to be a sprain...should he be holding out of the fucking national title game?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

apparently, god is gonna take care of him.
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Jesus made me fumble....

anyway, apparently, it was a pinched nerve. so he had no feeling in his throwing arm.

what a damn letdown. watching that freshman getting initiated out there was unbearable. then, Alabama damn near gives the game away, until the kid turns it over again deep in his own end.

and another stay classy moment from Nick "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" Saban, up 31-21 when the kid throws ANOTHER pick with 1:45 left in the game. Bama could have just taken 3 knees, but they score another TD.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                              Jesus made me fumble....

anyway, apparently, it was a pinched nerve. so he had no feeling in his throwing arm.

what a damn letdown. watching that freshman getting initiated out there was unbearable. then, Alabama damn near gives the game away, until the kid turns it over again deep in his own end.

and another stay classy moment from Nick "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" Saban, up 31-21 when the kid throws ANOTHER pick with 1:45 left in the game. Bama could have just taken 3 knees, but they score another TD.
                              You have to admit, Nick was playing Mr. Mack "run the score up" Brown. Bama has taken a lot of knees this year in games when they could have easily scored while other teams around the country were running scores up to improve their BCS ranking. A lot of those games they could have covered the spread in as well. You can say what you want about Saban leaving the dolphins and what a jerk he is but running the score up has never been his forte.
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

I don't give two shits about what anybody else does. I also could give a fuck about Texas. I just know what I watched last night.

Saban clearly got a gift last night with McCoy being out. That freshman was thrown out there to the wolves and had gift-wrapped 14 of Bama's first 31 pts. Plus, he cost Texas at least 7 more (settling for a FG on the first drive and costing a FG on his first INT).

Despite all that, Texas found themselves within 3 pts, with the ball, with three minutes left. Frankly, the whole Alabama team should have been embarrassed with themselves at that point. Outside of the second qtr, it was a pretty uninspired effort.

So, then the kid finally gives it up at the end of the game for the second time with that pick. Three knees and the game's over. I think you recognize that you got away with one and you get the hell out of Dodge.

Comment

Working...