X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

MICHIGAN ST. WINS!!!!

I hate 'em...but love the Wolver-Queens going down...

Forcier with a pick...

MSU with a TD in overtime...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Ball St. 0-4 against Toledo...scores a TD and goes for 2 and the win with 42 seconds left in the game...and they get it...

Love the call...

however...

a kickoff return to the 50 by Toledo...followed by a 51 yard TD pass...and Toledo takes the lead 35-30...

in less than 20 seconds...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Anyone else watching the Huskies vs Notre Dame on NBC?

Geezus, that was the most fucked up refereeing I've seen since Super Bowl XL.

Dawgs get a touchdown - refs call it back.

Dawgs get a field goal - refs call it back.

Finally on the second field goal (third score of the same goddamn drive) they actually let it stand.

Not that the Dawgs were blameless.... it took them way too long to complete that drive, even without the help from the blind idiots in the striped shirts.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I've been making a point NOT to watch the Fighting Irish this year...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

So I turn the game on...and Notre Dame is winning?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

38-yard reception for Washington...on a horrid play by Notre Dame's defense...

22 seconds left...2nd down and 6 or 7...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Locker belted...Notre Dame INT...but it should come back...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And we go into OT.... tied at 30.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Shit. Notre Dame wins 37-30 as the Dawgs roll over and play dead in Overtime.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

UGA blew a great chance to knock off LSU, but the Tigers somehow survive for the second week in a row.

only 13 pts in the first 56 minutes, 20 in the last four.

and two of the worst excessive celebrations flags EVER. at least it was one each way.
                      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        I think that there should only be four BCS conferences, with the bottom two being decided every year based on some sort of strength of schedule format.

That would open up several positions up in...say...an 8 or 12 team playoff. Only four locks per year...

I don't know how feasible that would be...

I've also been a fan of mega-conferences...then the "Boise St.'s" of the world wouldn't be going undefeated year after year. Of course, the freakin conference presidents would never want to split shares up with twice as many schools.
                        couple years ago, after the ACC expanded and the Big East looked near dead, I thought we were headed for the 4 mega-conference model. but, with the legal challenges from the smaller conferences, I don't see this ever happening.

I think you might get the smaller conferences to agree to the format if you guarantee one spot for them.

I don't like a whole lot of at-large teams getting in. make it a premium to win your conference. we could end up with 3 SEC schools in, instead of a Georgia Tech from the ACC or a Cincinnati from the Big East. I'd rather let those other schools in and not put as much up to the beauty-pageant, media-bias of the whole at-large mess.

plus, if winning your conference gets you an automatic, teams won't be encouraged to schedule West Creampuff State and Hoboken School for the Blind in the non-conference. you can go ahead and (to borrow one from hoops) pull a Tom Izzo and schedule teams that will challenge your team and prepare them to play like champions

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

wow! Miami gets the turnover to start the 2nd half and just went up on OU 14-10!

I saw OU go up 10-0 early and thought it would be a long night for the Canes. but this one could be really interesting.

USC up 20-0 on Cal. Looks like the Bears were another overrated team again. Oregon-USC should decide the Pac10

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

another score for the U, 21-10. OU could be staring at two losses, before they even start Big 12 play.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

an Oscar-worthy performance from the Sooner punter gives Oklahoma new life and they score two plays later to get it to 21-17

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

Miami pulls it out 21-20. Stoops with an interesting decision to kick a FG down 4 with 4 minutes left. he never got the ball back.

Comment

Working...