• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
    As usual, what is fouling things up in this is...Brett Favre. Minnesota is interested, but it hinges on Favre not returning. It's also unlikely the Eagles would want to trade Don to the Vikings. From what I have seen, Philly wants a first round pick for McNabb, so the Rams could accommodate. The wild cards in this are the Raiders and the Bills, but I doubt that McNabb would want to go to either one, because it would essentially mean starting over from scratch, which in a way makes you wonder why he'd wish to go to the Rams.

So I figure it's the Vikings or bust, and he just stays put. Vick still looks shaky, and it's unlikely that he'd be named the starter over Don.
    Uh oh, didn't see you here. Thus, my Dolphins joke wouldn't have made the cut to Pete's Brother. lol

Anyhoo and barring a freak tractor accident, Favre will be back in purple. I mean, we'll all undoubtedly have to endure the inevitable Favre Watch (during the summer Sportsenter Top Stories programming every five minutes) regardless. Favre wants an ending like Elway had, there's no doubt and he's fucking close to getting it. I mean had a cupla bad calls have gone the Vikes way in the NFC Championship (yes, even prior to his final int) Favre might be retired for good.

Again, he'll be back.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Come to find out, Ronnie Brown tested twice over the legal limit. I wouldn't be surprised if we laid off the wild cat this season. Yes, we run it better than most, but that's because we have to. Our receivers aren't exactly lighting up the score board. Sparano seems to believe that Chad Henne is the future, anyway. Plus, everybody is running it now, so everyone has a plan to defend against it by now. It's no longer the novelty it once was.
      Is Ricky going to be back this year?
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

favre? that old jet's quarterback? i vaguely remember him.
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
          Is Ricky going to be back this year?
          This will be his last season. I wonder if he ever paid back all of that money? In any event, he's then off to the Himalayas or wherever the hell he goes. And he has that holistic massage career to fall back on, as well.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• MAX
            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

This will be his last season. I wonder if he ever paid back all of that money? In any event, he's then off to the Himalayas or wherever the hell he goes. And he has that holistic massage career to fall back on, as well.

Ricky is a fucking shame and a poster boy for those that say smoking pot doesn't fuck you up.
            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              favre? that old jet's quarterback? i vaguely remember him.
              Old Jets qb? You mean Namath? No wait, he ended up with the Rams just like Donnovan will.
              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                Ricky is a fucking shame and a poster boy for those that say smoking pot doesn't fuck you up.
                Think about it though...if he had not quit when he did, the Dolphins just would have burned him up like Houston did with Earl Campbell. Then again, he'd probably be playing for the Saints by now, a former shell of himself only he'd have a Super Bowl ring to show for his career.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                  Old Jets qb? You mean Namath? No wait, he ended up with the Rams just like Donnovan will.
                  But Namath only played 2 or 3 games with the Rams before retiring, didn't he? His knees were shot at that point.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Think about it though...if he had not quit when he did, the Dolphins just would have burned him up like Houston did with Earl Campbell. Then again, he'd probably be playing for the Saints by now, a former shell of himself only he'd have a Super Bowl ring to show for his career.

Yeah, we all know the shelflife for a stellar RB isn't long of a lifespan. However, Campbell was the shit. I loved him as a kid.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

But Namath only played 2 or 3 games with the Rams before retiring, didn't he? His knees were shot at that point.
                      Fuck, his knees were shot by Super Bowl III.
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

NFL 2010 preseason schedule - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                          Sniper
                          • Feb 2007

With the SuperBowl in Dallas this season, and being an uncapped year, I would've thought Jerry "Fire Marshall Bill" Jones would be more active in free agency.
                          https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
                          http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

plenty of time for that after the draft i'm sure.

Comment

• redblkwht
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              Jerry "Fire Marshall Bill" Jones.
                              LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats frikken funny GSG!

EUAS

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                                Commando
                                • Apr 2006

The Cowboys cut LT Flozell Adams and S Ken Hamlin. Being a Cowboys fan, I'm ok with Hamlin leaving but I'm not so sure about Flo. Jerry Jones better have a plan up his sleeve for a draft day move up the board or a trade involved for someones existing LT.

Comment

Working...