X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

that game may not be worth a shit if Rapistbeger is still suspended...
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Scuttlebutt is, he's going to sit out 4 to 6 games.....unconfirmed as of yet, though.
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

it was confirmed before i left work at 2 pm...six games.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Yup, just got the update!

NEW YORK (AP)—Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) was suspended for six games without pay Wednesday for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy and ordered to undergo behavioral evaluation.

Commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

Goodell said the league’s conduct policy gave him the right to impose discipline regardless of whether he broke the law.

“I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you,” he said in his letter to the two-time Super Bowl winner, a six-year veteran.

“My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans.”

Roethlisberger must undergo a “comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals” and may not attend any team offseason activities until that evaluation is completed.
          Link
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

maybe they can send him to the same pussy rehab that Tiger is in.

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Total bullshit! He wasn't charged with anything, right?

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

correct.

remember, this is the No Fun League. fucking younger girls in nightclub bathrooms is not allowed.

i am kind of enjoying this, only because the one Stiller fan at work looked like he was gonna cry when they announced it.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Well yeah! A Super Bowl Champion quarterback has to sit out damn near half a season! If you're a Pitts fan this sucks!

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I think Big Ben got a slap on the wrist and it could've been much worse. I'll bet even Poj agrees.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Really? As far as the law or the Commissioner goes.......

I guess they have a moral clause or minimum standard to uphold but if the girl was 20 years old and there were no criminal charges pressed, I can't see why the NFL even got involved.

Honestly, I haven't even kept up on this story, I just know now I won't pick Big Ben in any of my fantasy leagues

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                        Really? As far as the law or the Commissioner goes.......

I guess they have a moral clause or minimum standard to uphold but if the girl was 20 years old and there were no criminal charges pressed, I can't see why the NFL even got involved.

Honestly, I haven't even kept up on this story, I just know now I won't pick Big Ben in any of my fantasy leagues
                        As far as the personal conduct policy with the NFL. I mean, the law's the law and since he wasn't charged there, fine and I don't have a problem nor really care. I used to play football and I've known many dumbass jarheads in my day. Ben seems like one of 'em. Nonetheless, the NFL's really trying to make their policies more strict in regards to stupid behavior.
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• redblkwht
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Rumor has the steelers asking for a top 10 pick.
                          I bet the Raiders do just that at the 8th..

Perfect scenario then Steelers trade both #1's to Rams for the #1 pick..OMG-
                          WOW...Sam Bradford anyone?? This could indeed happen in 24 hours fellas.

cant wait for the next moves to come..this IS getting incredibly interesting!!!!!

EUAS

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Oh yeah, totally stupid behavior and I see Ben as having that Jock Head mentality, too.

I guess my point is that this ruins the season for Pitts, the fans plus the team and since it was a lapse of judgement only, she was 20 years old, I just see it as being harsh but really, if they want to crack down I behavior, that's up to the NFL.

Fuck, these guys make millions of dollars a season, so if they want to have strict rules........pay me just a million a year and I'll be a Saint, pun intended

Comment

• Mr Walker
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

I'd suspend Rapistberger forever for being so pathetic. 2 time Super Bowl winner... six years in the league and he parties with college kids. That's beyond fucking pathetic. I'm no Tom Brady fan but the dude is fucking actresses and super fucking models. Hell... even Kyle Fucking Boller is banging that hot bitch Miss USA that doesn't like fags. Little Ben... King of the Kids. What a fucking loser.

Comment

• MAX
                                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Has anyone actually read the transcripts from the witnesses or the accuser? I saw both Tom Jackson and Steve Young on ESPN last night and they both said if what's in the reports are actually true, Rapistberger (I like that one Walker!!! ) is lucky to be playing at all. I think I'm going to check out the allegations today and see what big ben allegedly did? Judging by his mentality and what both the Rooney's and Roger Goodell stated about the incident, it sounds pretty fucking stupidly awful.
                                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...