• Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida.

Good.

I am sick of this guy trying to get all the attention on himself. Don't change your mind this time, dickface.
    Yeah, we saw this last year. Much like Brett Favre, I'll believe it when the season is underway and he isn't on the sideline, let alone within thirty miles of the stadium. Wanna bet he tries to hitch up again with Tebow in Denver?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Little Texan
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida.

Good.

I am sick of this guy trying to get all the attention on himself. Don't change your mind this time, dickface.
      Don't worry, I'm sure he'll have a "change of heart" in a couple of months and be back next year, attention whore that he is.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Text SizeAAACHICAGO -- It'll be the Leaders vs. the Legends divisions when the Big Ten stages its first football championship game next season.

The conference also on Monday unveiled a new logo -- it is a block "Big Ten" with the numeral 10 embedded in the word last two letters of Big -- as well as two-person trophy names for 18 new football awards, including the Stagg-Paterno Championship Trophy and the Hayes-Schembechler Coach of the Year. The new logo, made up of light blue letters on a white background, is meant to update the expanded league's look.

With Nebraska becoming the conference's 12th team earlier this year, the conference created new divisions that it introduced in September. Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin will be in the Leaders Division, with Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska and Northwestern in the Legends Division.

eh....
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER

The conference also on Monday unveiled a new logo -- it is a block "Big Ten" with the numeral 10 embedded in the word last two letters of Big
            Brilliant. A brand spanking new logo, with the WRONG amount of teams signified. And the Big "10" expects people to respect them...

Comment

• Little Texan
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Brilliant. A brand spanking new logo, with the WRONG amount of teams signified. And the Big "10" expects people to respect them...
              Yeah, that makes a huge amount of sense. The last several years they have had 11 teams and called themselves the Big 10, and had 11 embedded in the logo. Now that they have 12 teams in the conference, they have reduced the number in the logo to 10? WTF? Wouldn't it make more sense for the Big 12 and the Big 10 to trade names since the Big 12 is going to be 10 teams and the Big 10 is going to be 12 teams next year?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

they should call it "bigger than ten".

Comment

• fifth element
                  Commando
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  they should call it "bigger than ten".
                  lol...not bad.....
                  “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

hey, I'm a Big Ten guy, but Leaders and Legends? pretentious much?

They should swap Wisconsin and Michigan and just make it fuckin' East and West.
                    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

or "pimps" and "hos"

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

Anyway, the Big 10 unveiled a new logo Monday. We don't want to suggest that they were ripped off, but you could blindfold a kindergartner, spin the little fella around 25 times, hand him a crayon and he'd draw something better on the wall.

Or he'd puke on the floor, which would also be every bit as original.

Reportedly, the logo was spit up - er, out - by Pentagram, a design company with offices in London, San Francisco, New York, Berlin and Big 12 hotbed Austin, where we suspect they're getting a big-as-Texas yuck today.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/heat...#ixzz18D1XoS5U

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

i think i love this cuban guy.....

"Put $500 million in the bank and go to all the schools and pay them money as an option," Cuban said. "Say, 'Look, I'm going to give you X amount every five years. In exchange, you say if you're picked for the playoff system, you'll go.'"
                          […]
                          "[The BCS is] an inefficient business where there's obviously a better way of doing it," Cuban said. "The only thing that's kept them from doing it is a lack of capital, which I can deal with. …"

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                            hey, I'm a Big Ten guy, but Leaders and Legends? pretentious much?

They should swap Wisconsin and Michigan and just make it fuckin' East and West.

"We've had enough experience with names and expansion and development of divisions that we know that you rarely get a 90% approval rating. But to get a 90% non-approval rating was really surprising. It showed that we didn’t connect with our fans in a way that we wanted to. It’s humbling, to say the least, because we’re trying to build fan bases, not push them away.

Comment

• High Life Man
                              Commando
                              • Jan 2004

Delaney is a putz.

Posted: Friday December 17, 2010 12:50PM ; Updated: Friday December 17, 2010 1:18PM
                              Big Ten could revisit division names

Story Highlights
                              Jim Delany says the Big Ten may consider renaming its new divisions
                              'Legends and Leaders' has generated overwhelmingly negative feedback
                              Delany: 'To get a 90 percent non-approval rating was ... really surprising'

CHICAGO (AP) -- Jim Delany has spent more than two decades as commissioner of the Big Ten, overseeing two conference expansions and the formation of the Big Ten Network.

None of it prepared him for the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the conference's new division names.

Delany said during an interview with WGN AM-720 in Chicago on Thursday that the names Legends and Leaders were picked to highlight the conference's rich history, and that "to a great extent it's fallen on deaf ears." Many fans have instead mocked the names and asked officials to reconsider, which Delany said could happen after the first of the year.

"I think we have enough experience with names, and expansion and development of divisions, to know that you never, rarely, get 90 percent approval rating," Delany said during the interview. "But to get a 90 percent non-approval rating was, you know, really surprising."

The league will be split into two divisions beginning next season, when Nebraska becomes the 12th member. The Huskers will be joined by Northwestern, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota and Iowa in the Legends Division. Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin will comprise the Leaders Division.

At least, assuming those are still the names by then.

"We want to breathe a little bit," Delany said. "I don't think you make a judgment in 48 hours or 72 hours. Eventually we're going to have to address the issue of whether or not it's sustainable, but I don't think that's an issue for today."

Delany said the conference chose the divisions based on parity, rather than geography, which made naming them East-West or North-South impractical. The Big Ten also considered using names of historic players or coaches, but Delany said that would have been "too limiting."

The commissioner also said there was little consideration given to changing the conference name from the Big Ten, unlike in 1990, when Penn State became the 11th member.

Delany said university faculty, presidents and alumni supported keeping "Big Ten" and that it represents a brand rather than the number of institutions. The name change also would have affected the branding of the Big Ten Network, which launched in 2007.

"It's humbling, to say the least, because we're trying to build fan bases, not push them away," Delany said of the uproar caused by the new division names. "I was surprised. I've been around this business a long time, and it's one of the more surprising things."

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2007

In my college pick 'em I got my shit pushed in the first 4 bowl games- Now things are looking better!

Comment

Working...