X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Troy
    So here's a question... I seems the last few years, guys get drafted and make an impact instantly for their teams. How many of these fisrt round guys will see significant action and make a difference?
    Troy, I think you'll see a ton of these guys making an impact...I think you'll see both Manning and Rivers starting the second half of the season...

Gallery is the real deal from Iowa...one sack this year...on the first play of the game...will really be a staple for Oakland for years to come...

Most people had Fitzgerald number one on their board...and he'll get a lot of looks in Arizona if McCown holds up in Green's pass happy offense...and with Boldin on the other side of him...I think he has Rice potential...good head on his shoulders...

Everyone thinks Taylor is the second coming of Lott...you generally don't take a Safety this high...he's that good...and tremendously smart...a great ball player a lot of folk coveted...

Roy Williams is every bit as good as Fitzgerald...and will look really good this year opposite Rogers in Detroit...

DeAngelo Hall is the number 1 CB...and more than likely a starter for a weak Atlanta secondary...

Reggie Williams was the second rated receiver before Fitzgerald entered the draft...a lot of folk think he's better than Roy...

Dunta was a surprise to me...didn't see him going before Pittsburgh....but Houston needed a cover corner...and got a starter...

Troy...this draft is huge potential of impact players...up and down the first three rounds...lots of fun...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

And his cap number is huge and they will need that space to pay Manning, who will still get top dollar.

Dallas would be a surprise, seeing how they are a division rival.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Collins in Dallas?

He may yet be traded...or even released...I think Jesse Palmer isn't any good...making his money on TV now...lmfao...

but I think they'll keep Collins...and Manning...and groom Manning for next year...we'll see though...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Dunta ran a 4.15 on an indoor track before the draft and returned kicks in college.

That is frightening speed.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I think he may end up a June 1 casualty...I can't imagine his bonus was that big...I could be wrong...but NY may just take the 1 year hit...and leave it at that...

I don't see them getting anything for Collins...

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Big Ben is a Steeler.

Damn good pick for them at that spot.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Yeah...it will be interesting to see if they use him as a return guy with Atlanta having one of the top return guys in the league...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  Yeah...it will be interesting to see if they use him as a return guy with Atlanta having one of the top return guys in the league...
                  Dunta went to Houston, Atlanta got Hall.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                    Big Ben is a Steeler.

Damn good pick for them at that spot.
                    That's an understatement hombre...I agree...I think if you'd have told Cowher 3 months ago that he would be able to get Roethlisberger with this pick...he'd have giggled like a school girl...

look for Maddux of Batch to get cut this year...I'm almost thinking it may be Maddox...we'll see...of course...Batch makes more...so we'll see...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Wow...I know Buffalo needed a receiver...but that's high for Evans...damn high...

hmmmmm...someone's going to get a steal down the line...I thought they'd take Will Smith for sure...

Donohoe has lost his mind...he takes McGahee last year...and Evans...probably 10 spots to high...

what a moron...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

The Lions could make a move for this Chicago pick...

Jackson's starting to look real good right here...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Oh God, cut Batch, he is worthless. And makes more.

We used to say we would go to Detroit to help him pack his shit when we had him, that's how bad we wanted him gone. The "Help Charlie Move" drive.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

LOL on Batch...

Maddox is more of a prototypical passer...so it would make more sense to get him...

the only thing I worry about Big Ben is his potential to force passes...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Kind of thought that was a tad high for Evans.

The Bills needed a receiver. But could have dealt down.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Jackson's going to be going soon...surely Chicago will take some defensive help...if they don't trade...

Comment

Working...