Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

Does anyone remember what happened with Vai and Ozzy around the Ozmosis era? I thought Vai was supposed to be his guitarist around that time but he ended up only co-writing a song for the album. Was this all rumor or did Oz and Vai have a falling out back then?
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
      Anybody? Even CC Deville?
      He seems like he'd be good for a laugh in terms of hanging out and shooting the shit, and I know the reply was tongue-in-cheek, but I seriously doubt he could handle any of the guitar work beyond perhaps a few of Sabbath's simpler songs.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
        Does anyone remember what happened with Vai and Ozzy around the Ozmosis era? I thought Vai was supposed to be his guitarist around that time but he ended up only co-writing a song for the album. Was this all rumor or did Oz and Vai have a falling out back then?
        Ozzy and Steve were going to form a band known as "X Ray" (apparently Ozzy was back into the idea of the band thing after the Black Sabbath go around in '93 at Costa Mesa). The band idea bottomed out, but the concept album art they were going to use stayed for Ozzmosis.

After the idea for the band bottomed out, Steve Vai went back to his solo career, but left one of the completed songs for inclusion on the Ozzmosis disc. The album was originally slated to be called "X Ray" instead of Ozzmosis, but Tommy Lee's idea for Ozzmosis just resonated better for whatever reason. I agreed.
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by binnie
          Anybody? Even CC Deville?
          At this point I honestly think CC would have a better chance of writing a decent song and I haven't heard anything he's written since 1990.

I know for a fact though that Zack can't write a good song though or he would have by now.

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Gus sounds like Vai and Zakk is at least original...
            Which is why he's out. This is OZZY, and the songs should be thankful they're even being sung by him... so why work with someone who's going to want to be paid for writing for him when the extreme pleasure should be grattitude enough?

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That's a communist point of view.

Surely he will only get the best if he is willing to pay the going rate?

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                Head Fluffer
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                Vai was going to be the guitar player. They wrote a bunch of songs, but then Via left since things weren't working out. Like you mentioned they only picked 1 song from those sessions.

Ozzy/Sharon did keep the song "My little man" and used it on the cd. Zakk played it on the record. Very strange hearing Zakk playing in Vai's style.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ClZOpYUP6g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ClZOpYUP6g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                  Which is why he's out. This is OZZY, and the songs should be thankful they're even being sung by him... so why work with someone who's going to want to be paid for writing for him when the extreme pleasure should be grattitude enough?

I know.

Between Daisley and Kerslake wanting both credit and a full accounting of the royalties they are owed for all those millions f copies of Blizzard and Diary sold...and having to contend with guitar players who actually expect to get PAID for what they wrote (when we all know it was Ozzy who came up with the guitar parts for all of his albums)...it must be highly discouraging for the Osbournes when the people who actually create the music and lyrics that wind up on his albums step forward and demand their fair share; why can't they understand that just the glory of being associated with Ozzy is worth far more than money?
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• indeedido
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

seems like I remember the label having monetary issues over vai and ozzy's collaboration. Two different labels. I don't really remember. I always suspected vai is playing on my little man not zakk.
                    This space for rent.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Well, it's official...Gus G will in fact be playing with Ozzy...at least for a bit...

OZZY OSBOURNE issued a statement on Friday (August 21) confirming reports that longtime Osbourne musicians Zakk Wylde (guitar) and Mike Bordin (drums) would not be joining him for the BlizzCon performance due to their current touring commitments with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and FAITH NO MORE, respectively.

In addition to his current axe-slinging duties with FIREWIND, Gus (real name: Kostas Karamitroudis) has played in MYSTIC PROPHECY, NIGHTRAGE, ARCH ENEMY and DREAM EVIL.

I actually hope it becomes a full time thing...but it sounds as if all this has been about a one night gig...
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        Hence, my Yngwie suggestion...
                        Yngwie and Sharon's egos occupying the same space? That could only end badly.

I'M GONNA UNLEASH THE FUCKING FURY ON YOU BITCH!!!!!
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I think Vivian Campbell would be a perfect suit for him.

They're both washed up, and have long forgotten the art of heavy metal.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And since Vivian used to work with Dio, that would continue this semi-incestuous pattern of Sabbath members hiring all the same people at different times to work on their solo stuff.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                              I think Vivian Campbell would be a perfect suit for him.
                              Oh God no. Not the professional band killer himself. Next we'll be talking about John Corabi joining Ozzy.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                Yngwie and Sharon's egos occupying the same space? That could only end badly.
                                All they'd need to cap that off would be Tommy Lee on drums and Axl Rose on backing vocals. They could tour under the moniker the "Egomaniacs". Vegas could take bets on who would be the first to melt down. Best odds are Axl in 1...but I'm picking Tommy in 3. I guess the bright side will be Ozzy won't realize anything is different from any other tour he can remember.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...