~Slash~

I think I could dig it.
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Ozzy and Slash? ...maybe.

Admittedly, I'm kinda keeping my fingers crossed for George Lynch. It'd be pretty fucking sweet, but I'm also thinking George Lynch of 1988; I haven't paid any attention to him outside of Dokken, so I don't know if he still has the chops or not...
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bueno bob
        Bob doing ANYTHING with Ozzy ever again is highly doubtful, but Elvis, I think you just came up with a VERY fucking exciting Ozzy Osbourne band.
        Bob will work with Sharon...I mean, Ozzy, for the right price...he's done it many times...

But beyond just making a "supergroup", i've always thought that Ozzy would make Yngwie's riffs, soloing and over-the-top "wankery" (as some people like to say) much more palatable to the average fan...

I just always thought it would fit...

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Yeah... Yngwie with Ozzy and Daisley back in..
          You would have to buy that album !
          Curiosity would take over.

I agree that perhaps in the Ozzy environment Yngwie
          could work, he is probably the closest to the neo-classical
          sound Randy had happening at the time... Good Call ELVIS..

I also like the Slash and Lynch suggestions.....
          But yeah, does anyone know if Lynch is still in
          the game ?
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
            I agree that perhaps in the Ozzy environment Yngwie could work, he is probably the closest to the neo-classical sound Randy had happening at the time... Good Call ELVIS..
            Agreed. If anybody could follow in the...I don't know "spiritual footsteps" of Randy Rhoads, I suppose it'd have to be Yngwie.

Originally posted by Panamark
            I also like the Slash and Lynch suggestions.....
            But yeah, does anyone know if Lynch is still in the game ?
            Well the very last thing I ever heard out of him was that he'd quit Dokken (again) and was lost out in the Arizona desert on some kind of 'roid rage or something...which means he's probably doing many, many tribute albums these days...

Somebody fill us in!
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• The Elfoid_TFS
              Groupie
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS
              What, are you posting daydreams ??

I doubt Ozzy has ever heard BLS. But one point I find interesting is that there are more than a few BLS songs that would sound much better with Ozzy on vocals...

I think Ozzy has told Zakk to save his songs for Black Label before, that's why I think this. When he did Down To Earth in 2001, Ozzy rejected all the songs that Zakk wrote for it and Zakk put them out on a BLS album instead. Zakk seems pretty happy to play whatever Ozzy wants him to play whenever/whatever that may be.

Are you aware that Zakk was out of the band in 95, 98 and 04? They've remained on friendly terms every time. Zakk returning to the band at some point is completely reasonable to believe.

If I'm wrong, I reckon Zakk'll be back soon anyway.

Listen to those Bob Daisley interviews then post here.
              Bob Daisley claims to have written the music, and lyrics to go with them. But vocal melodies, everyone - Zakk, Geezer, Tony, Bill. All three other original Sabbs have said Ozzy came up with all those clever vocal melodies himself, even if he had very little other involvement in creating songs.

You know, on the Black Sabbath note, I'm kinda disappointed that Tony Martin's Headless Cross band (wonder where he got the idea to name his band after a Black Sabbath album?) isn't doing a U.S. tour after all. Would have been nice to see that era played live. Would have been better had Neil Murray and Bobby Rondinelli been involved with him and Geoff, but...

Looking at the touring schedule though, the whole thing seemed bizarre...if their venues would have been any worse, they'd have been playing in K-Mart parking lots...
              Martin's said they'll get to the States sometime. I hope so, that guy seems such a nice bloke and deserves to get what he wants.

Were the venues really that small? Shame. Can't be worth paying the flight!

Speaking of Geoff, I see he wrote a song for Ozzy's Down To Earth album. Always felt the way the Osbourne camp treated him was horrible.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Ozzy couldn't afford Slash, and I imagine his take on the Randy-era stuff wouldn't be to everyone's taste.

Dave Navaro would be an interesting choice. John 5 seems a little obvious to me....

It isn't the case that Zakk limits Ozzy's sound - it's vice versa. Zakk can do a lot more than just BLS and Ozzy if he wants to.
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  That's the point though isn't it?

He's had 20 years to learn how to write decent songs and he seems to be getting worse not better. He's had 20 years to learn when to shred and when to be melodic and he's getting worse not better.
                  It's not Zakk's point that the last Ozzy record was shit. When only one guy has ideas, it's going to sound thin.

But yes, Zakk has turned his shredding into overkill these days.
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Top Jimmy
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2004

YouTube - Ozzy Osbourne with Camp Freddy "Crazy Train" Dec 23, 2008

2:20..nuff said.

Comment

• The Elfoid_TFS
                      Groupie
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by binnie
                      Ozzy couldn't afford Slash, and I imagine his take on the Randy-era stuff wouldn't be to everyone's taste.

Dave Navaro would be an interesting choice. John 5 seems a little obvious to me....

It isn't the case that Zakk limits Ozzy's sound - it's vice versa. Zakk can do a lot more than just BLS and Ozzy if he wants to.
                      Yeah, I wouldn't dig Slash being in Ozzy's band. I can't see Slash liking to play most of it either. I don't know if he couldn't afford him though. Money doesn't seem to be a huge issue to Slash plus he's not sold THAT many albums since UYI in '91.

Dave Navaro could work. I think you're onto something there. John 5...I don't know about how he'd do on older songs but I can see him writing some interesting things. He's been with Manson in the past too, so he's used to playing 'under' a star - something Slash wouldn't be. If Slash joined, it'd have to be "Ozzy and Slash" really wouldn't it?.

I think since Zakk built up a reputation and got an image, he's narrowed his creativity to fit within that field. I do still think he's amazing, but he's definitely got a more predictable sound than he used to.

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Breaking rumors from Blabbermouth...

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received word from a couple of different sources that 28-year-old Greek guitarist Gus G. (FIREWIND) has been tapped to play with OZZY OSBOURNE at the upcoming BlizzCon convention in Anaheim, California. It should be noted, however, that this information has not yet been corroborated by anyone in the Osbourne camp and should be treated as a rumor only.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• VanHalener
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                          Way Beyond Empty 1997
                          <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tx0fAOFlzgI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tx0fAOFlzgI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>...
                          I can dig it.

Comment

• VanHalener
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                            <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yUZJZC2V40&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yUZJZC2V40&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>...

Comment

• crazzycat

cool video

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                                Breaking rumors from Blabbermouth...

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received word from a couple of different sources that 28-year-old Greek guitarist Gus G. (FIREWIND) has been tapped to play with OZZY OSBOURNE at the upcoming BlizzCon convention in Anaheim, California. It should be noted, however, that this information has not yet been corroborated by anyone in the Osbourne camp and should be treated as a rumor only.
                                Quick clip of Gus G from Firewind. Looks like he has some chops. But can he write songs?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lHy-OVlijsQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lHy-OVlijsQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...