Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Exactly. First time around Ozzy wasn't there most of the time he was away on drinking binges.

Comment

• The Elfoid_TFS
      Groupie
      • Jun 2009

My personal guess about what's happening with Zakk is that he'll remain Ozzy's live guitarist but skip this album out to do BLS stuff then come back to the fold. Ozzy's probably said "All that shit sounds like BLS, get it out of your system with an album of your own".

Y'know Ozzy never wrote back in the day since he wasn't in a state to. Given how much simpler and more basic his last album's lyrics were, I'd say he probably did write a fair portion of it. And it worked. He's always written vocal melodies though, very clever and intelligent ones.

Sad thing is, a few months ago Zakk was saying in interview how excited about this album was and how sometimes he felt he was put on this earth to play with Ozzy, and has helped to save him from his addictions. Guy gotta be hurt.

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
      Black Rain sounded like Black Label Society? Give me a break! Ozzy is more out if his mind than i thought he was. That must be the official Sharon press release statement about why he is getting a new guitarist -ie- lets don't tell anyone we don't want to have to pay Zak Wylde type money anymore.
      Does this mean they are going to go back and wipe Zak's tracks off of No Rest For the Wicked forward and re-record them so they don't have to pay any future royalties?
      Holy shit this pisses me off.
      Zakk's not kicked up a fuss so I imagine not.

And they only did that to those guys because they'd filed a lawsuit against Ozzy. It wasn't just out of the blue, most of his musicians haven't been recorded over. Ozzy was so drugged up at the time the events of the lawsuit came up that it's hard to judge who to take sides with on that one.

Originally posted by lesfunk
      Ozzy says "I don't want to make enemies — I made enough when I was drinking, I try to make friends with people these days!"
      I suppose it's in the spirit of friendliness and Goodwill that he's trying to fleece Tony Iommi. What a Cunt
      You clearly don't have a clue what you're on about. The name's Tony's and Tony deserves to keep it, but the details of the suit that have emerged do make it quite clear Ozzy has more of a case than people seem to think. Do remember: Ozzy'll only win the case if he's in the right. Ozzy and Tony haven't fallen out over this, they've just taken a decision to deal with their disagreements in the courts. There's a number of things supporting Ozzy's claim which came about in the late 1990s.

Rather like how Zakk still loves Ozzy, Slash/Matt/Duff/Steven have forgiven Axl, and how Dave forgave Eddie long before they worked together again, Tony still appears to like Ozzy. It's kinda odd when people aren't mad at someone else, yet fans are still mad on their behalf. If Zakk and Tony aren't mad, why are you mad for them?

Originally posted by FORD
      Now I realize that studio musicians will sometimes work with anybody who offers the cash, but seriously, isn't there really something wrong with OZZY FUCKING OSBOURNE using the same guitarist as Titney Spears and Celine Dion??
      Seems nuts, but didn't Jimmy Page play on 60% of the top 40 in the 1960s or something insane like that? I forget the figure but he worked with absolutely everyone. Also Eddie Van Halen was a guitarist used by Michael Jackson.....David Lee Roth had a bass player who is now in Megadeth....tons of musicians can play in different styles.....

Originally posted by ELVIS
      I've said that many times, but it's too late...Ozzy can't sing anymore...

Ozzy is finished. His next album will hardly outsell DLR Band...
      In the studio they can fix his voice up just fine. Live's another matter.

DLR Band sold what, 30 000 copies in the USA and that's where the vast majority of DLR's revenue comes from, the USA? Black Rain sold over 600, 000 copies worldwide. The top single hit 61 in the US charts, and they hit positions 1, 14 and 19 in the rock charts. Neither single from DLR Band and The Best got into the rock charts, the last time Roth did it was in 1994 with "She's My Machine" which hit number 12.

Even if Ozzy makes the shittest, most retarded album of his career and tells people not to buy it, the Ozzy name and quality musicians he always employs means it'll still sell an incomparably higher amount than DLR Band did.
      Last edited by The Elfoid_TFS; 07-31-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bueno bob
        He'd have to have Bob Daisley...
        Give me Yngwie, Daisley, Aldridge and Airey and i'll buy multiple copies and hand them out...

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by The Elfoid_TFS
          My personal guess about what's happening with Zakk is that he'll remain Ozzy's live guitarist but skip this album out to do BLS stuff then come back to the fold. Ozzy's probably said "All that shit sounds like BLS, get it out of your system with an album of your own".

Y'know Ozzy never wrote back in the day since he wasn't in a state to. Given how much simpler and more basic his last album's lyrics were, I'd say he probably did write a fair portion of it.
          What, are you posting daydreams ??

I doubt Ozzy has ever heard BLS. But one point I find interesting is that there are more than a few BLS songs that would sound much better with Ozzy on vocals...

Comment

• WACF
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

I doubt Ozzy has ever heard BLS. But one point I find interesting is that there are more than a few BLS songs that would sound much better with Ozzy on vocals...

Couldn't agree more...

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
              Head Fluffer
              • Aug 2004

I doubt Ozzy has ever heard BLS....
              Not quite true.

Ozzy actually sang on the song Stillborn from the BLS cd "The Blessed Hellride". It came out in 2003. It was a minor hit for the band. It made the rotation on several rock radio stations and even into guitar hero.

I am sure Ozzy listened to it a few times during recording and after it was finished......lol...

Also BLS has opened for Ozzy several times. I am sure Ozzy was at least in the building while they were playing......

BLS featuring Ozzy Osbourne on background and chorus vocals "Stillborn" 2003

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yUZJZC2V40&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yUZJZC2V40&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

++++++++++++

Also Zakk recorded the demos for 5 songs in 2001 to be used for Ozzy's DTE cd.

Five songs from these album sessions were written by Zakk for Ozzy's album Down To Earth. Ozzy rejected the songs because they were "too Black Label", so Zakk kept them for this album "1919 Eternal" released in 2002. The songs were "Bleed For Me", "Life/Birth/Blood/Doom", "Demise Of Sanity", an alternate piano version of "Bridge To Cross" and a demo presumably called "I'll Find The Way".

Ozzy obviously heard these Black Label tracks in order to reject them....lol!!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Nah, I think Sharon rejected them...

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2004

But one point I find interesting is that there are more than a few BLS songs that would sound much better with Ozzy on vocals...
                  Are you talking about Ozzy in the studio with Pro Tools, doubling & reverb ?

or Ozzy actual singing voice?

++++

Believe it or not Zakk actually used to have some decent vocals back in 93-97 before BLS. Check out P&G or Book of Shadows. He just choose not to use that melodic vocal style when playing downtuned viking biker metal in BLS...

Zakk singing from 96-97 era

Way Beyond Empty 1997
                  <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tx0fAOFlzgI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tx0fAOFlzgI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Road back home 1997
                  <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TfUOKTeONb4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TfUOKTeONb4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dead as yesterday LIVE 1997
                  <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HG-nKIXMis&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HG-nKIXMis&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Aug 2004

Nah, I think Sharon rejected them...
                    Your probably right on that one......lol... But maybe Ozzy heard them when he was taking a piss next to Sharon's office.....

At least he heard the song Stillborn that he sung on.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Comment

• katie
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by The Elfoid_TFS
                        He's always written vocal melodies though, very clever and intelligent ones.
                        Ozzy?

Listen to those Bob Daisley interviews then post here.

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                          Not quite true.

Ozzy actually sang on the song Stillborn from the BLS cd "The Blessed Hellride". It came out in 2003. It was a minor hit for the band. It made the rotation on several rock radio stations and even into guitar hero.

I am sure Ozzy listened to it a few times during recording and after it was finished......lol...

Also BLS has opened for Ozzy several times. I am sure Ozzy was at least in the building while they were playing......

++++++++++++

Also Zakk recorded the demos for 5 songs in 2001 to be used for Ozzy's DTE cd.

Five songs from these album sessions were written by Zakk for Ozzy's album Down To Earth. Ozzy rejected the songs because they were "too Black Label", so Zakk kept them for this album "1919 Eternal" released in 2002. The songs were "Bleed For Me", "Life/Birth/Blood/Doom", "Demise Of Sanity", an alternate piano version of "Bridge To Cross" and a demo presumably called "I'll Find The Way".

Ozzy obviously heard these Black Label tracks in order to reject them....lol!!!!
                          Yeas, but does Ozzy REMEMBER any of it? I bet if you ask him rite now what Black Label Society is, he'll answer "a fucking brand of fucking alcoholic drinks. Fuck. *mumble* *mumble* Fuck. *mumble*".

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Give me Yngwie, Daisley, Aldridge and Airey and i'll buy multiple copies and hand them out...
                            No shit...Yngwie's worked with Bob and Tommy both, so it's not entirely inconceivable. Yngwie and Bob could write most of the material together, so that would eliminate the need for the Ozzco(c) songwriting team...of course, it'd be Protools On Parade for Ozzy in the studio, but I bet that the music would be the closest thing to classic Ozzy in over 20 years that anybody's heard. And I'd certainly be pissing myself in anticipation.

Doubt Yngwie would do it, but then again, maybe he would. Fuck, he was humoring the idea of an Alcatrazz reunion a few years back and if he was willing to work with that no-talent fuckstick Graham Bonnet again, a payday like Ozzy Osbourne would kinda be a no-brainer decision...

Bob doing ANYTHING with Ozzy ever again is highly doubtful, but Elvis, I think you just came up with a VERY fucking exciting Ozzy Osbourne band.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• VanHalener
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by katie
                              Ozzy?

Listen to those Bob Daisley interviews then post here.
                              I am on a first gen iPod touch that has no speaker, but when I read that post I could of sworn I heard a SLAP!

Or was it BITCHSMACk?

I'm not taking sides, but I have an ice pack if needed.
                              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• bueno bob
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

You know, on the Black Sabbath note, I'm kinda disappointed that Tony Martin's Headless Cross band (wonder where he got the idea to name his band after a Black Sabbath album?) isn't doing a U.S. tour after all. Would have been nice to see that era played live. Would have been better had Neil Murray and Bobby Rondinelli been involved with him and Geoff, but...

Looking at the touring schedule though, the whole thing seemed bizarre...if their venues would have been any worse, they'd have been playing in K-Mart parking lots...
                                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...